Eyeko Skinny Brush Mascara (Long &Tall)

Eyeko Skinny Brush Mascara (Long &Tall)

3.2

on 5/21/2016 6:12:00 PM

I have wanted to try an Eyeko product for a while now. I thought to myself since they specialise in make up specifically for eyes they must know what they're doing....I was so wrong! This mascara is probably THE worst mascara I have ever used!

Where to start?
My lashes are quite fair - dark blonde, and thin but they are a reasonable length.

The brush is OK-ish, not too impressed with it though. Its definitely a skinnier brush than I'm used to, I picked this mascara mainly for that reason actually- to try something different! To throw in a positive is that it does capture the tiniest lashes, which a bigger brush perhaps couldn't BUT all it seems to do is just kind of paint them black. I didn't see any lengthening AT ALL.

The formula is truly terrible. It seems to be extremely sticky and made my lashes clump and stick together, so there was no separation at all and just made me look like I had a few black spikes attached to my eyelids. Also I did not see much extra length, I would say my lashes just appeared much darker.
Having persevered with this mascara for a few days I've found it impossible to try and build up any length by applying further coats. It dries SO fast and further coats just mean my lashes become a clumpy sticky mess!

I found that the formula transferred to my skin over my brow bone throughout the day and also flecks appeared under my eyes. My lashes felt crispy and hard, not conditioned like it said they would be.
Probably the most annoying thing about it is the fact it's a total pain to remove. I had to rub an oily cleanser over my eyes for 10 minutes to get most of it off, but could never seem to get it all off, waking up in the morning with slight panda eyes.

I want to try to find SOME positives about this mascara...
The mascara works well for bottom lashes. The reason being not a great deal of lengthening is needed for lower lashes, and the brush does capture the smaller lashes.
I will probably use up this tube on my bottom lashes ONLY. It's not going anywhere near my top ones! I will definitely not be re-purchasing though, as I cannot justify spending £15 on a mascara that will only be used on my bottom lashes!
Only other positive is that I like the silver tube packaging as it's cool and different!

The price is much too high considering I don't believe the product really works. If I had paid under £10 for this mascara I wouldn't be as annoyed, but I actually spent more than what I would usually spend. IMO this mascara just doesn't do what it claims to in the slightest!
This has put me off buying anything else from Eyeko's range in the future without at least trying beforehand.

on 4/23/2016 5:07:00 PM

It's my absolute must have. First of all, even though they don't specifically say it on the package, Eyeko doesn't test on animals! Secondly, this mascara just makes my lashes loooong and separates every single lash. I've been using this product for a long time, and will probably be loyal to it for quite a long time.

To Read all 26 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

After using the Black Magic mascara by Eyeko, I didn't have much excitement for this one. But if I was to compare the 2, I like this one a lot better. My lashes don't clump at all and it lengthens my lashes too. I don't notice too much flaking but I think it helps that I don't have to keep applying more to declump my lashes. Just a little warning, this is extremely waterproof. It can sometimes be a big pain in the butt to remove so sometimes I have to get it off with eye makeup remover before using my cleansing oil.
I can't decide though if I like it or not yet. My PTR mascara gives me a similar look, I've never had an issue with irritation or flaking and it is a lot easier to remove. They are around the same price as well so it makes it even tougher to choose. But I don't think I'll buy this one again at the moment. It is good but it doesn't make me want to throw out the rest of my mascaras and buy only this one. On a daily basis I don't use this too and only use it when I know I can take extra time to remove my makeup.
Personally, this isn't the most amazing mascara to me but it is pretty decent in the long run. And out of the 2 I've used from Eyeko, this is the best one.

on 3/8/2015 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This mascara has good and bad points. I love the brush and it definitely volumises my lashes. Some days it's will lengthen my lashes and some days they will just clump up. Even though the packaging is unique it doesn't wipe off the excess, so when I take the wand out I have to wipe it against the side. If I don't do this it will clump up my lashes with one coat, I'm not sure if this is just a dodgy one I have. It flakes off throughout the day too. I bought it when it was on offer on beauty bay, I haven't decided whether I will repurchase, I think I will try out a few other mascaras first.

on 1/4/2015 8:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of the best mascaras I've used to date. I have small, average length lashes. I use a eyelash curler always, no matter the mascara and the results when I curl my lashes and apply a coat of this is truly great! I bought this off ASOS,I think it was $19AUD which is good value for us considering drug store mascaras start here at $17! The quality of this maraca is really great but I do think it dried out quickly-ish.. The other downside to this is that it's waterproof and when eyeko say waterproof they MEAN IT'S WATERPROOF! I use bioderma micellar water to remove my eye make up and it has a hard time taking this mascara off. I find warm water does help, even rinsing your eyes before removing this mascara helps with the process. Overall, this is a bloody great mascara and I would recommend it for people with short lashes. I also find it makes my bottom lashes extra extra long!

on 12/30/2014 5:19:00 PM

This stuff is fantastic for bottom lashes. It doesn't smudge, flake, or anything even when it gets wet, though it doesnt say waterproof on the package. Gives a nice doll-like length. Not the best for top lashes, doesn't hold curl too well, but I will repurchase for bottom lashes. The wand is easy to use and the price was great!

Love this mascara! Glides on lashes pretty well didnt leave any clump and stays quite long. I dont like the hassle of curling my lashes & this mascara did a good job lifting and curling them. The effect is really obvious, longer and defined lashes. Love that it's easy to remove too!

on 7/18/2014 7:21:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I don't really know what to say about this mascara... Some days it works nicely and other days it clumps up my lashes real bad like no other mascara I've tried. And it's quite expensive where I live. I have nothing bad to say about its lengthening effect or the fact that it does not smudge at all. Maybe it's the brush... Because the product is really great.

on 6/13/2014 9:53:00 AM

I really love this mascara, it gives me mega long lashes with one stroke. This is one of my hg mascara's (i have many more mascara's that i really enjoy)
The packaging is great too.

it doesn't smudge. I bought it online because eyeko doesn't sell in the Netherlands.
This is my second mascara and i will buy again!

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is a very good mascara. I don't get the poor rating.
Firts and foremost, I love the tube, it is tiny and light, does not take place in your makeup bag especially when you're on the go.
Then, the formula.
You have to love the distinct result it gives, I mean It gives a "triangular" shape, if I can call it like that. The lashes get grouped at the base and go up in a triangle-like shape. Difficult to explain but it colours more the base that the tip of the lashes... that is due to the brush that has a peculiar shape.

I like it because this is a one coat mascara, 2 coats as a maximum! So it is great when you have no time. One coat and your lashes are jet black, long and defined.
It is waterproof and it's guaranteed, lasts forever without smudging or fading. Spectacular!
and the formula is black black and very gentle with sensitive eyes (mine often get stingy with mascaras, especially the Dior ones).
Please be aware of the following, to get the best out of it:

- Never more than 2 coats...(3rd coat and it's clump city!!)
- you need to curl your lashes first (and yes, it will hold the curl!)
- it is a b*tch to remove.:o) So bi-phase remover as usual and after pleanty of hot water... and you'll need to remove the tiny bits with your fingers.
Other than that, this is a top notch mascara