Versace Yellow Diamond

Versace Yellow Diamond

2.9

on 8/4/2015 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This gave me a headache, I cannot stand the smell of it

on 2/24/2014 5:35:00 PM

I really like the versace bright crystal but, my friend wears it. So I wanted to maybe try anothet versace scent, maybe something similar. When the guy at the perfume store sprayed the yellow diamond on the card it smelled amazing! After trying to decide between the yellow diamond and the crystal nior, I finally picked yellow diamond. I was really excited about it, but when I got home and opened the bottle it smelled awful! Nothing like what was sprayed on the card. I realize that perfume reacts differently on everyone's skin so I sprayed it on my wrists anyway. It just got worse and worse, it didn't smell like any singular notes anymore! Just the old, stale musky smell of old lady perfume! Maybe I just got an old bottle or something, I don't know. But for a huge investment of 80 something dollars, it better make me smell like a million bucks! I was furious, will not repurchase!

on 2/12/2014 4:39:00 PM

I received a sample vial of Yellow Diamond. When I first sprayed it on, it smelled wonderfully of citrus (which I like) and I actually said, "Wow!". Now, this is when it becomes very strange. In less than 5 minutes the fragrance turned rancid on my skin. It was horrible! The beautiful citrus scent turned into a bitter and metallic smell. What in the world happened?!? I assume it reacted with my chemistry. I was shocked at how bad it became and how fast it did it. This has never occurred with any fragrance I've ever tried. I wonder if all Versace scents do this as I have Crystal Noir on order (having never tried it on my skin) and am now concerned that it might happen again.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I didn't like this at all. Smells just like D&G Light Blue which I despise. I love Bright Crystal and can't get enough of it but this just reeks and is VERY long lasting - of course.

This has very little staying power for me. The smell disappears within an hour or two. I got it as a small .25 bottle in the eau de toilette from Sephora. Yellow crystal topper looks gorgeous. It smells really good, just wished it lasted longer. Would not purchase.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this at first, as it starts off with a bright, happy, zingy lemon that's sweetened nicely by its pear note. But the lemon and pear disappear after only a couple minutes and I'm left with a slightly musty, creamy smelling floral and clean musk. After fifteen minutes, it seems to be mostly water lily and musk, which smells a little like cheap air freshener on me.

on 6/13/2013 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really dislike this perfume. The opening of this is nice - a citrus-breeze with pear - so light and fresh. As this settles, however, this begins to smell like... pee...! From clean and fresh it goes to sterile, salty, BO and citrus... which smells like pee and air freshener in a bathroom - nasty! It's probably my body chemistry - lemon fragrances often turn aquatic on me. Anyway: I don't like this and prefer Bright Crystal, which smells much better on me, although it also has citrus in it (of a different type though), it doesn't react on my skin as this does.

This is a very blah fragrance that has no lasting power whatsoever.

on 5/29/2012 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

purchased the captivators perfume sampler from sephora. this one one of the 4 perfumes in the box. very sharp and sour on application. no lasting power and totally boring. i expected more from versace!

Underwhelmed. To me it's like they took my least favorite part of Bright Crystal--the pale, nondescript,"musky" base--and made an entire perfume focused around it. And added a different fruity note to the topnotes. I gave it a two because it's not bad, it's just...that's all? The fruit fades quickly, and you're just left with that flat synthetic smelling musk, the same one that seems to anchor many perfumes of the last few years. It's just boring. But I did not mind wearing my sample, and would not mind smelling it on someone else.

Popular Fragrances