Versace Yellow Diamond

Versace Yellow Diamond

2.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Sharp citrus, tropical yellow fruits and musk. Generic chemical but clean and wearable. Lasts 3 - 4 hours on me. Overpriced for what's inside but a very pretty bottle.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I didn't like this at all. Smells just like D&G Light Blue which I despise. I love Bright Crystal and can't get enough of it but this just reeks and is VERY long lasting - of course.

on 6/13/2013 3:12:00 AM

There was a time - a few years back - when I absolutely disliked the Versace packaging of their 'Crystal' perfumes. I thought it obnoxious and loud which of course it is ! Maybe I have been brain washed but these days .....I actually quite like the over the top bottle tops and the ornate box designs . it's fun and in your face - sometimes that's needed . A bit of a break from the serious perfumista - hard- to find- really expensive- very coveted - headache inducing online shopping stuff.
I purchased a 30 ml bottle of Yellow Diamond enticed by the over the top canary yellow gold swirly box design and amused by that massive plastic bottle top . I also enjoy Yellow Diamond for what it is - a modern fruity ( citrus and pear- ish ) floral and tons of Iso E Super which I do not know if is in this scent but suspect so. It flies off of Yellow Diamond in huge sharp waves - sometimes smelling garish , harsh , overdone and a bit cheap - other times - it smells freshly woody - cedar like . I am quite sensitive to the smell of Iso e Super and seem able to detect it even if well hidden.
I am sure most of Yellow Diamond is synthetic with few natural ingredients.But that's okay too !
I enjoy this scent casually - it's light ,aromatic ( most of the time ) and does not last longer than a couple of hours on my skin. I like the pear-citrus combo.
I think this is better than Bright Crystal and actually does smell quite a bit 'brighter' than Bright Crystal itself !
No , I have not finished my tiny bottle up - it's a darned cute little bottle though. Yellow Diamond is IMHO - overpriced.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

o. m. g! i absolutely love this fragrance. the first spray reminds me of lemons and sunlight. i can really smell the orange among the heart notes, and the dry down transports me to a meadow of flowers under a yellow summer sun, in a cloudless sky! it lasts 12 hours on me.

on 5/29/2012 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

purchased the captivators perfume sampler from sephora. this one one of the 4 perfumes in the box. very sharp and sour on application. no lasting power and totally boring. i expected more from versace!