Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon SPF 15 Bronzer, Ticket to Brazil

Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon SPF 15 Bronzer, Ticket to Brazil

4.4

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For the price ($3.99) this bronzer can't be beat. It contains quite a bit of shimmer but doesn't look like a glitter-bomb on the face. In fact, I use this to bronze up my entire face and find that it works perfectly for that purpose. Even up close in a mirror I can't see any shimmer on my skin... it somehow manages to simply translate into a healthy-looking glow. I like the fact that the powder contains SPF15. It's never broken me out. You get a really good amount of product and the quality is outstanding. I use this almost every day, even days where I don't wear makeup just to give me a little bit more color. I've hit pan and will definitely repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

After being fed up w chunky highlighters (eg. soft and gentle and the loumanizers), a friend of mine recommended I try this out and I'm glad I did.

It gives a noticeable but 'natural' look to the skin. As it's meant to be a bronzer/face powder its finely milled and not glittery, doesn't emphasize pores or create texture where there is none and I would even go as far as to say it 'blurs' imperfections.

Since its winter currently where I am, my skin is on the lighter side of things and this is a bit ashy on me, so I don't think I'll be able to pull this off in summer.

Overall, gorgeous highlight for light skin tones, highly recommend for the quality and the price. I just wish they made it in more colours!

To Read all 88 Reviews, Login or Join

I am a former Sephora bronzer user, which I really liked till they discontinued my color and didn't include a replacement even close to my previous color. In my quest to find a new bronzer, I researched product reviews and this bronzer kept coming back highly rated. For less than $3 I have found this a great replacement! The color is great (nice coverage with a bit of shimmer), the packaging is great, and no break outs. My only complaint would be it tends to rub off on my shirt n coat collar's.

on 3/14/2016 12:07:00 AM

Love this bronzer! You can buy it at cvs for $4-$5. You can also find coupons for .50 or $1 off normally every few months. This bronzer works just as well as expensive ones I have tried.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I have tried quite a few powder bronzers, and never found one that worked very well for me, although I managed to hit pan on a Physician's Formula compact (long since discontinued). Part of my issue is simply the size. I really dislike small pans for bronzers.

When I noticed the Color Icon line were big and wide and beautiful compacts, for drug store makeup, I figured at the price, I should give this a try. I have noticed that Wet'n'Wild gets a lot of love overall, on MUA, and the other items I've tried myself have been winners. I really hesitated about choosing the Ticket to Brazil shade, because in the store artificial lighting, it looked QUITE pale. However, it IS winter here. My skin is fairly pale (though not porcelain), neutral toned. Particularly since age 40, I feel like bronzer can really help subtly brighten up my look, but it's tricky not to look striped! So I bought this light colored bronzer and took it home.

I really do like this a lot. I use an Ecotools brush that is similar to a thick fan brush to apply it. I just do my hairline, the hollow under my cheekbones, and then under my jaw and my neck/decoletage. The brush picks up just enough powder. It goes on smoothly and blends easily so that my face doesn't get dirty-looking.

And the shade is detectable, but not "noticeble" in a bad way, on my skin. I'm actually very pleased that I chose this lighter color, because in the past, I think I erred by choosing too dark a bronzer. I want to look good in normal daylight and indoor artificial lighting, BUT I am not filming YouTube tutorials. I like to look very natural most of the time, and this bronzer works for me in those situations. Plus the compact is very big and accommodates most any kind of bronzer brush you might want to use. I can swipe the full Ecotools brush across the pan. I used to have to fiddle around to load the brush, or use a much smaller brush, which sometimes worked, sometimes didn't!

on 2/23/2016 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I'm NC40 and this bronzer does NOT show up on my skin! The shimmer is very subtle, so it doesn't work when used as a all over face shimmer either.

If you are my skin tone or deeper, I wouldn't get this. Go for the darker shade, Bikini Contest instead.

If you are lighter than me, this would work for you, especially if you're looking for a warm tone bronzer.

I'm bummed this color didn't work for me, but for the quality/price of this product, it deserves a 4 lippie rating.

on 2/17/2016 11:30:00 PM

I bought this just to try out a drugstore bronzer and my Walgreens had a 2/$5 deal on wet n wild. The size is nice, but it smells like sunscreen... Straight up banana boat. I am light and this shade is too light for me. However, you can build up the color. Would not repurchase because of the smell.

on 12/23/2015 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have an older version of this and I just bought a new one at Walmart in Canada today. I knew as soon as I saw it that the new one was much lighter then it was previously. I quickly tried it and it looks ok on me now since its the dead of winter, but I know in the summer months it will be too light to use as a bronzer (maybe an all over brightening face powder though, which is what I use Reserve Your Cabana for in the winter). Still a great product and it's cheap. Just wanted to let others know in case you're expecting the old version.

on 11/22/2015 12:24:00 AM

I have repurchased this bronzer around 6-7 times. The first time I bought it was because I forgot my makeup bag going out of town and needed something cheap to hold me over for the days I was gone. I've used this ever since.

I am fair-medium and this is the perfect shade for my skin tone. I apply a bit in the hollows of my cheeks and edge of my forehead with my RT contour brush. Applies nicely and blends very easily. I not only use this for bronzer but as a transition shade in my crease.

In terms of packaging, the size is incredible. Awesome value. The only drawback is that each time I buy I never make it through the product without it breaking somehow. However, it's very affordable so I don't mind that too much.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The scene is your local big chain drugstore. It's quite busy, it being pay-day and all. Cheesy muzak is playing in the background, and for some reason it reminds you of the Mall in the remake of Dawn Of The Dead (!).

Jane, a 40-ish woman, finally gets the attention of a cashier.

Jane: Hi, Ms Very Nice Drugstore Cashier! I was looking for a product and I can't seem to locate it. Could you please help me?

Cashier: Well no, I can't actually but let me buzz someone

Jane: Thank you!

/metallic voice over loudspeaker "Matt to the front please, Matt to the front"

(Matt enters, stage left.)

Cashier: Matt, this lady needs something

Matt: Hi there, how can I help?

Jane: Hi, Matt! I'm looking for a particular bronzer by Wet & Wild ...

Matt: Ah. You're looking for Reserve Your Cabana, aren't you?

Jane (wide-eyed): Ye-e-e-e-s ....

Matt, giving Jane a "it's a secret" look: Follow me ....

Jane: ... oooooooohkay...

(Scene change, now in the Make-Up Dept)

Matt: Ah, here we are. (hands Ticket To Brazil to Jane)

Jane: No, no, I was ....

Matt: I know. Everybody loves Cabana. Even those who would look better with something else. But y'know, you've got really pretty eyes and your hair has these little gold highlights over the red and I think Brazil would be just perfect for you

Jane: Oh. Erm...

Matt: Tell you what - let's go into the entranceway so you can see in real daylight

Jane: Okay, sure ...

5 minutes later

Jane: OH MY GOD YOU'RE RIGHT.

Matt: Awesome. I'll ring it up here. Don't tell anyone, but I don't really work here ...

(okay that last line was pure fabrication, but the rest was verbatim. I swear)

So... yeah! $3. Ticket To Brazil. Most fantastic bronzer in the whole world with the possible exception of the marbled stuff from Pur Minerals which was discontinued and then reformulated and now it's crap. It's not orangey, it's not muddy, and it gives me what my husband called, "healthy face". I think that was a compliment.

Many, many thanks to Matt without whom none of this review would have been possible.