Essence Long Lasting Eye Pencil

Essence Long Lasting Eye Pencil

4.3

cyclopentasiloxane, mica, synthetic beeswax, cera microcristallina (microcrystalline wax), trimethylsiloxysilicate, myristyl lactate, silica, c30-45 alkyl cetearyl dimethicone crosspolymer, myristyl alcohol, tocopherol, lecithin, ascorbyl palmitate, glyceryl stearate, magnesium silicate, glyceryl oleate, citric acid, may contain: ci 19140 (yellow 5 lake), ci 77000 (aluminum powder), ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499 (iron oxides), ci 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), ci 77891 (titanium dioxide).

My mom got this eyeliner online because it was cheap (I think off one of those Asian sites). Anyways I thought I'd give it a try.

I'll start with the pros:
It's a sleek, nice-looking dispenser. It functions well and is easy to apply, pretty opaque.

Cons:
While wearing it, I could just notice/feel it- it felt like I had the need to rub my eye a bit.
Later I was lying in my bed and so there tends to be more tear liquid at the crook of my eyes because I lay on my side. I went to wipe my eye of the forming liquid, and a streak of the makeup was on my hand. Then I just went removing what I could with a tissue because I didn't want it to get on my pillow. I also got most of it off (without water or anything).
The edges of my eye lids felt sore after and while wearing it.

It's decent for a cheap product, but I don't plan on using it again.

on 9/11/2017 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I'm a big believer in price not always equaling value. Sure, sometimes quality means pricey but other times, cheap is just as good. This eyeliner makes my point for me - if you scraped the brand name off it I would have guessed it's a premium product. The only downside (for me) is that I would prefer a range of browns - black is a little severe for my fair-ish complexion and I get bored with just the one shade of brown. That aside, I've used this for years and (barring discontinuation) I don't plan to switch.

on 3/12/2017 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I use the chocolate shade to line my brows and to create an arch, and love that these do not need to be sharpened. Halfway through the day, this does fade and needs to be reapplied so I would say that the staying power is decent but does not last all day. I like that this glides on smoothly and is slightly harder and thinner than the Essence gel pencil, giving more control over application. I have repurchased this 5x but switched to Maybelline Colorshow Kohl liner for my brows in shade chocolate chip because I prefer a finer line for my brows.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Love this stuff! It's so so so cheap at Ulta and I like that it's a twist eyeliner and not the pencil kind. It's honestly really surprising how good this stuff considering the price. I think I paid maybe $2 something.

I really love the colour of this liner, it's a lovely dark brown that is incredibly dark, but not black, its a really nice everyday liner and it looks soooo natural and lovely on my eyes. This is great because I don't want to wear too much makeup. But the down fall of this product is it fades so fast! I only do a very fine line near my lash line on top and only stretches it till a bit further then my lash line and I blur it out. It looks natural and really lovely, but omg it fades by lunch that's about 3 hours I had it on. 3 HOURS! It looks lovely so I will properly buy it again, until I find another decently priced natural brown liner.

Very matte. It smudges a little, but it's very easy to apply and very smooth.

on 9/20/2016 4:46:00 AM

These eyeliners are SO GOOD, especially for the price! I will not buy anything more expensive because it's just not worth it when these ones do the job so well

on 10/14/2016 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like how creamy the formula is, mine is in the black shade.

What I don't like though is it flakes off my eyelids at the end of the day and gives me raccoon eyes. Why? I wanted to love this so bad.

on 10/20/2016 12:49:00 PM

My go to eyeliner which it has been for years theyre so good, creamy, comfortable and stay put. Ive eyeliners that are triple the price from smashbox, illamasqua ect that dont even come close to essence liners in terms of quality. Such a good product and amazing value.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Best eyeliner. Super smudgy but doesn't dissipate. The black is great for use as a lash filler if you're one who lines their upper waterline. The brown is a fantastic everyday liner and smudges out so nicely, I frequently use it in place of eyeshadow. It's super workable, doesn't grab and pushes up nicely, so you can easily correct errors and corral it back where you want it. Last time I checked in Australian Priceline, they cost $3.50 each.