Essence Long Lasting Eye Pencil

Essence Long Lasting Eye Pencil

4.4

cyclopentasiloxane, mica, synthetic beeswax, cera microcristallina (microcrystalline wax), trimethylsiloxysilicate, myristyl lactate, silica, c30-45 alkyl cetearyl dimethicone crosspolymer, myristyl alcohol, tocopherol, lecithin, ascorbyl palmitate, glyceryl stearate, magnesium silicate, glyceryl oleate, citric acid, may contain: ci 19140 (yellow 5 lake), ci 77000 (aluminum powder), ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499 (iron oxides), ci 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), ci 77891 (titanium dioxide).

My go to eyeliner. Affordable and does it's job really well. Also love the fact that you don't have to sharpen the pencil.

on 6/20/2016 2:12:00 AM

Love these eyeliners, stays put, doesnt really transfer

To Read all 56 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/17/2016 11:50:00 AM

I have black, gold, green and the purple-maroon

I really like these eyeliners, staying power is better than most eyeliners I've had. Sometimes better than my urban decay liners. At the end of the day there's a bit of fading but no racooning.

My only issue with the green is that there's a bit on tiny glitter in it and I'm not a fan.

Maroon is not super intense, I wish it was darker. But I use it often.

I want brown, I wish they had more colors.

A retractable twist up long wearing eye pencil that applies easily and smoothly, does not tug on the skin and pigment is rich and deep (at least in 02 Hot Chocolate - which is what I bought). I don't find any smudging or transferring with this product but I do use an eye primer as I have oily lids. I bought this primarily for under my lower lash line and don't mind that the pencil tip gets blunt as I like this for a smoky eye look. Looks fantastic with bronze shadow. Super affordable (less than $3) and a good selection of colors to choose from.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Note: I purchased Black Fever

The texture is very creamy and soft. It's a deep, pigmented black in one swipe.

This Essence liner doesn't hold up on my oily eyelids and watery eyes. It transfers to my lower lash line almost immediately when I blink even though I give it some time to 'set'. On the other hand, it's excellent if you want to smudge your eyeliner on *both* your upper and lower lash lines.

Twist-up packaging wise, it's neat and clean. The product is slim and easy to manoeuvre on the waterline/lashline. However, due to its richness, it will lose its pristine sharp tip after a few uses.

I have 2 of these pencils, in "01 Black Fever" and "02 Hot Chocolate"

01 Black Fever is a standard black
02 Hot Chocolate is a dark chocolate brown

These are definitely my go-to pencils for those days when I have to run out of the house (which, to be fair is most days).
These go on very smooth with no pulling or skipping. You get a bit of time to smudge if you want, and then the liner sets and stays put all day.

I have very oily eyelids, so sometimes I get a bit of rub-off on my upper lid, and occasionally get a bit of colour bleed on the outer corners (it kind of migrates to my lower lash-line, even if I haven't applied any there), but I get that with other brands of pencil eyeliner as well.

The "auto sharpen" is obviously just a twist-up, so you get a blunt end no matter what (I guess you could create a finer tip by angling the pencil), so these aren't going to be able to do winged styles or anything like that.

on 12/12/2015 8:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Holy grail eye pencil for me, hands down. I cannot rave about this enough. Easy to apply and control, buttery soft texture, easy to blend if you want to, stays put. I will keep buying this as long as they keep making it. The price is unreal for the quality.

on 10/30/2015 3:12:00 PM

This is my all time favourite eyeliner. Totally out beat the other expensive brands

Please visit my blog for a detail review =)

on 9/3/2015 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Oh, ladies have we finally found the best eyeliner or what?

Personally I enjoy using it with my Naked foundation and eye shadow, starting with the wonderful primer that came in my palette. You should follow the steps below for the best results;

1. Clean any dirt/oil off your face (Cleanse Face)
2. Pat Dry
3. Apply Primer
4. Apply Eye Shadow
5. Apply Liner
6. Apply Mascara

I had a not-so-pleasant experience with the Essence Kajal Pencil so I was a bit wary that this would fail expectations, but seeing the many positive reviews here, I decided to give this a try and purchased 19 Hot Scorch.
Pros:
The color is a lovely light bronze that enhanced my dark brown eyes. Perfect for everyday wear.
This can also double up as an eyeshadow. Smudge it quickly after application because once it sets, it won't move.
No pulling or tugging. Application is smooth and pleasant.
Twist-up packaging. I hate sharpening eyeliners so I usually buy the twist-up ones.
No smudging! I wore this for 8hrs straight, walked a lot under the sweltering heat of the sun, and this stayed flawless on my oily lids. Hurrah!
Inexpensive. I wish I got more colors now, but hey, I can always come back to the store!
Cons:
None I can think of.

Try this, ladies! Hidden gem in the drugstore aisles. :)