Clinique Chubby Stick - 05 - Chunky Cherry

Clinique Chubby Stick - 05 - Chunky Cherry

4.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I was looking for a tinted lip balm, but when I applied it it looked more like a lipstick. I blotted the excess color away with a napkin so the results were more natural. The staying power is so and so, not great, not terrible. First my lips were soft and moisturized but after a while they looked dried up. All in all, it's ok if you're looking for a moisturizing lipstick, but not for a tinted lip balm.

Clinique's Chubby Sticks are very moisturising products which are easy to use. Essentially they are giant crayons that you use to colour in your lips. Chunky Cherry is a sheer, but buildable reddish-pink colour. It is a good colour to wear daily, when you are going for a natural, subtle look. It leaves your lips with a nice tint of colour and a glossy shine, however the product itself is not sticky at all. The packaging is cute, however my only dislike about this product is it's lack of fragrance! I was hopeful that it would smell like cherry! I would repurchase this product and would like to try the other flavours.

To Read all 17 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/27/2015 6:11:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

This is ok for a quick makeup day. Not something i use a lot. It leaves a very sheer color.

on 6/28/2015 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Got this as a gift from a friend and so far it's just OK. Almost no color payoff - too sheer.
Not hydrating enough. I have similar "gloss balm" crayon/sticks from other brands that are better.

Will not repurchase.

on 4/17/2015 3:12:00 PM

I used it for more then 2 years and I still like it. It moisturized well and is comfortanle on my lips. I do not like a clasic lipstick so this is the best choice for me-no lip liner. It stays relatively long. I can recommend it.

on 1/28/2015 5:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This came in a Christmas gift set that I bought for the Lash Power mascara. I usually wear nudes or plum-pinks so this colour isn't one that I would have selected, but having tried it now I absolutely love it!
it's bright red in the tube, but depending on how heavily you apply it can go from a light Popsicle tint to a deeper sheer red, great for evening. I usually aim for somewhere between the two, blending it in with my fingertip for a more natural look. I have black hair and olive skin, and this shade really lifts my colouring. it also makes my teeth look whiter - always a plus!
I have mixed it with the Whole Lotta Honey Chubby Stick for a lovely red-coral result.
I have very dry lips and at the moment I don't find it moisturising enough on its own, so I wear it over Chapstick or under Eight Hour Cream. Colour payoff is not bad at all, particularly if you work it in with your fingertip - I find that the tint will last a good few hours.
I will definitely buy this when I run out of my sample.

on 10/10/2014 11:20:00 AM

Looked "coral" to me in the store but when I applied it at home, it was more pinkish tone. I was going to return it, but tried it as a blusher and it was a sheer, perfect, natural, rosy tint and it was perfect!

on 6/30/2014 2:42:00 PM

I love Clinique's Chubby Sticks and this one is no exception. I bought it last winter and initially put it aside because I thought the color was just a little too bright, but then, my skin is very pale during the winter. Now that it's summer and I have a bit of a tan, the color is perfect. It's a cool, light rosy red which brightens up my whole face. It doesn't have the same staying power as a lipstick but it has more than most lip glosses. It's very moisturizing without being greasy or slippery.

on 2/26/2014 6:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

The colour is very nice. A blend of pink and red which brightens your complexion and it's very flattering. The formula is very mosturising and comfortable to wear. The shine is just right without looking lipglossy. Very good packaging as the pencil doesn't need to be sharpened. The smell is a bit chemical and I would have prefered a nicer scent, like a fruity smell. However, I still think Revlon Lip Butters do the same job for a fraction of the price.

on 2/19/2014 4:14:00 AM

Firstly let me start by saying I love a red lip, cherry reds included. I'm also quite fond of cherry scents/ flavours and therefore was massively let down by this product. With a name like chunky cherry I was anticipating a punchy red pink with a scent of some kind.
What I found was if anything a 'plasticky' synthetic smell, very sheer coverage and on top of that it wore off very quickly!!
Very disappointing Indeed :(