L'Oreal Gel Intenza 03 Violet Black

No Image

4.5

on 1/15/2016 10:40:00 PM

I LOVE this gel liner! For a drugstore product it is amazeballs! the violet doesn't really show up very obviously but adds something extra. it stays on all day and is easy to remove too.

on 11/8/2014 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First off, why doesn't North America get this?? Upon researching L'Oreal's Butterfly Intenza mascara, I stumbled across the Intenza Gel liner in Violet Black and it was one of those "I need dis!" moments! But it's not available anywhere in North America. Canada only gets Black, Espresso and Shale and I know I haven't seen this in the US on any of their drugstore websites (and I did a fair bit of googling!) I found one on eBay from a UK seller who shipped internationally and I'm so glad I got my paws on this. I'd been wanting to try the L'Oreal gel liners for a while and this is my first one. Creamy and pigmented are my first thoughts. It looks dark in the jar - almost black, so I'm wondering where the "violet" is... until it dries. Then I see the teeny tiny pinky purple sparkles in it, which is really pretty. It's not an in-your-face sparkle but a subtle twinkle. So it seems this is more of a smokey black base (not "black" black but more of a soft pigmented black) with the bit of coloured sparkle, which is subtle enough that you have to be close to someone to actually see it. It's not over the top, but very pretty! I found it wore really well and I loved that I didn't have to layer this to make it show up. I would certainly like to try a few more shades of these. As far as d/s gel liners go, these would be my favorites. I've tried one from Maybelline (the LE Forest green one) but was disappointed that it needed to be layered to get it deep enough. Not so with L'Oreal. And then there's the brush, which is not only pretty awesome in itself, it comes with a lid so you can travel with it and not mess up your bristles. Nicely done!

Not really violet black; looks more of a matte smokey brown to me with a very subtle red glitter effect. The jar is only 2.8g so there's not much in there but it suits me as I only bought it as a less dramatic change to my usual darkest inky black plus I needed a new brush and the one supplied is very good quality; gives you good control with the advantage that you can take the line thick or thin with relative ease. It dries quickly and lasts well with no oily-lid transfer. Ideal for a daytime look. Probably won't re-purchase.

on 5/26/2012 2:55:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Great alternative for black and does look black. Only in daylight I can see that it has deep purple/ eggplant/ aubergine undertone .Nothing violet about this. Comes with a brush.
It`s firm and usable but I prefer the one I have from Duroy. That is very slim w/ shorter bristles to get more precise and slimmer line. Glides on easy and smooth. On upper lids I have to keep my eyes closed for awhile. Otherwise it smudges. On lower lashline it didn`t smudge at all.
Max.time being 10 hours.