Maybelline New York Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB, Light/Medium

3.3

on 5/6/2018 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

The “new and improved” formula of this BB cream is more opaque than the previous incarnation. That means it’ll work for fewer people. It evens my skin out slightly, but the light sheer tint is still a little orange on me. If I used enough to actually get the SPF 50 to work, I’d probably look like an oompa loompa. I bought this because I wanted a little sun protection that also gave me some coverage, but this isn’t going to work for that. The final insult is that the newer formula breaks me out and it disappears in my oilier spots after a few hours. Not going to repurchase this again.

on 4/18/2018 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

Love this BB cream. It's light but not too light & does blur imperfections and even skin tone. I use it everywhere on my face including my eyelids. I need a bit of concealer for dark parts - ie eye corners and expression lines. That's it. Awesome value and for those Canadians that think it doesn't have spf, it does. Listed as 1st ingredient Titanium dioxide. It doesn't however say SPF on the label.

This is really good for the price. Not a lot of coverage which is okay because I don't have a lot of facial issues that need covered. If and when I do I just add a little extra concealer with some powder on top.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I used this before i started wearing foundation and its so good for people who are just starting makeup. Its obviously a sheer coverage which just evens skin tones and hides imperfections. It has a very lightweight feeling and looks natural and dewy when blended out. The only problem with this is the shade range, the lighter ones can look too orange.

on 7/7/2017 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I am baffled by this product's positive reviews. This bb cream makes me feel like my skin is drowning. It's a thick, greasy mess that is many shades too dark for my fair skin. It was so orange and sat very heavily on my skin, leaving it feeling oily and looking so shiny you'd think I just ran a 5k.

So if you're going for the Oompa Loompa post gym look, you'll love this. Otherwise, save your money.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My overall rating is a "3" but I would not repurchase. Like other previous reviewers, I find the coverage extremely sheer and it has a very shiny finish. This looks either glowy or greasy in pictures depending on the weather and humidity. I like a glowy finish but in one picture that I'm wearing this in, I look like a greaseball. What I really disliked about this is that I got one of the worst sunburns wearing this up in the mountains hiking instead of my SPF lotion. SPF30? I think not. I had this on for a 2 hr hike and got terribly burned. Do not trust the SPF on this. I'd say this has about as much coverage as a tinted moisturizer, not a BB cream.
I have the Medium Sheer Tint and am an NC30/C3.

on 8/19/2016 3:45:00 PM

I absolutely love this cream! The color is accurate to what it looks like on the label. A little bit goes a long way and it is great for smoothing out uneven skin tone and hiding large porse. I find that it dries well and doesn't feel heavy or cakey, even if you accidentally use too much. It stays on well, even after a hot sweaty summer day and some time in the pool. I would highly recommend this product, especially for the price.

on 7/22/2016 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Very sheer coverage, lightweight and easy to apply. Perfect for the "no makeup" look. Dont expect this bb cream to cover blemishes or scars, but it does a good job of evening out skin tone. As someone with freckles, I like how it smooths out my skin's appearance without looking heavy or cakey. Have repurchased.

I usually wear MAC prolongwear foundation and bought this bb cream to wear around the house or grocery shopping so I could save my MAC for more important occasions. This bb cream did not impress me but it did not disappoint me either. the coverage is so light. It makes my skin look better than it does naked and it does even my skin tone. I have acne scars so I use a concealer with the bb cream to cover those. This cream leaves your skin pretty shiny and is a tad oily so I finish it with powder. I would not recommend this to people with oily skin. It makes my skin oily and I don't even have oily skin. It also settles into lines after only 30 mins of wearing. I would not repurchase this. I plan to get an actual foundation with coverage and staying power. It has no smell and so far has not broken me out.

Update: this product has been breaking me out.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I have this product in light, and have the version for oily/combination skin. In terms of living up to it's expectations; it claims to do the following:
1) clears acne - I have mildly sensitive, acne-prone skin, and I have found that this product doesn't really help with acne, although it hasn't made my skin any worse.
2) conceals imperfections - it is a light coverage product, and so I found that it does a good job of concealing imperfections. It evens out skin tone and covers all except any major blemishes. I have light freckles across my nose and cheeks and this will cover most of them as well.
3) minimises look of pores - yes, to an extent. I didn't notice a drastic improvement, but like any foundation or bb cream is evens my skin out and minimises the appearance of pores.
4) reduces appearance of redness - yes, it worked well for me for this, although my skin doesn't have a lot of redness, I found that it reduced all of the redness in my skin.
5) adjusts to skin tone - I can't really say whether it 'adjusts' to my skin tone, but it matched me well enough.
6) hydrates and smooths - definitely found that it hydrated my skin, it feels nice on the skin although a little bit tacky if I don't set it in place with powder, and will transfer if you don't set it.
7) enhances and clarifies skin - definitely not to be used in place of a good skin care regimen, I can't say that I noticed any significant improvement in my skin from using this but I also didn't notice any bad reaction either.
8) Is oil-free with a light weight feel - yes light weight, and doesn't clog my pores. Goes oily on me after four-ish hours in my t-zone.

EDIT: so I have been using this for the past four months, and have repurchased twice. One more note is that it will stay looking nice for up to 4-6 hours as long as you don't touch your face because it transfers very easily, especially if you don't set it with powder. So would definitely recommend setting with a powder, using a primer and/or a setting spray to keep it in place all day.

Overall, I really liked this and would definitely repurchase. Would recommend for a lighter makeup look, wouldn't use for going out or a heavier makeup look but overall I was impressed.