Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream
Maybelline Dream Fresh BB, Light/Medium

3.3

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I used this before i started wearing foundation and its so good for people who are just starting makeup. Its obviously a sheer coverage which just evens skin tones and hides imperfections. It has a very lightweight feeling and looks natural and dewy when blended out. The only problem with this is the shade range, the lighter ones can look too orange.

on 7/7/2017 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I am baffled by this product's positive reviews. This bb cream makes me feel like my skin is drowning. It's a thick, greasy mess that is many shades too dark for my fair skin. It was so orange and sat very heavily on my skin, leaving it feeling oily and looking so shiny you'd think I just ran a 5k.

So if you're going for the Oompa Loompa post gym look, you'll love this. Otherwise, save your money.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

My overall rating is a "3" but I would not repurchase. Like other previous reviewers, I find the coverage extremely sheer and it has a very shiny finish. This looks either glowy or greasy in pictures depending on the weather and humidity. I like a glowy finish but in one picture that I'm wearing this in, I look like a greaseball. What I really disliked about this is that I got one of the worst sunburns wearing this up in the mountains hiking instead of my SPF lotion. SPF30? I think not. I had this on for a 2 hr hike and got terribly burned. Do not trust the SPF on this. I'd say this has about as much coverage as a tinted moisturizer, not a BB cream.
I have the Medium Sheer Tint and am an NC30/C3.

on 8/19/2016 3:45:00 PM

I absolutely love this cream! The color is accurate to what it looks like on the label. A little bit goes a long way and it is great for smoothing out uneven skin tone and hiding large porse. I find that it dries well and doesn't feel heavy or cakey, even if you accidentally use too much. It stays on well, even after a hot sweaty summer day and some time in the pool. I would highly recommend this product, especially for the price.

on 7/22/2016 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Very sheer coverage, lightweight and easy to apply. Perfect for the "no makeup" look. Dont expect this bb cream to cover blemishes or scars, but it does a good job of evening out skin tone. As someone with freckles, I like how it smooths out my skin's appearance without looking heavy or cakey. Have repurchased.

I usually wear MAC prolongwear foundation and bought this bb cream to wear around the house or grocery shopping so I could save my MAC for more important occasions. This bb cream did not impress me but it did not disappoint me either. the coverage is so light. It makes my skin look better than it does naked and it does even my skin tone. I have acne scars so I use a concealer with the bb cream to cover those. This cream leaves your skin pretty shiny and is a tad oily so I finish it with powder. I would not recommend this to people with oily skin. It makes my skin oily and I don't even have oily skin. It also settles into lines after only 30 mins of wearing. I would not repurchase this. I plan to get an actual foundation with coverage and staying power. It has no smell and so far has not broken me out.

Update: this product has been breaking me out.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I have this product in light, and have the version for oily/combination skin. In terms of living up to it's expectations; it claims to do the following:
1) clears acne - I have mildly sensitive, acne-prone skin, and I have found that this product doesn't really help with acne, although it hasn't made my skin any worse.
2) conceals imperfections - it is a light coverage product, and so I found that it does a good job of concealing imperfections. It evens out skin tone and covers all except any major blemishes. I have light freckles across my nose and cheeks and this will cover most of them as well.
3) minimises look of pores - yes, to an extent. I didn't notice a drastic improvement, but like any foundation or bb cream is evens my skin out and minimises the appearance of pores.
4) reduces appearance of redness - yes, it worked well for me for this, although my skin doesn't have a lot of redness, I found that it reduced all of the redness in my skin.
5) adjusts to skin tone - I can't really say whether it 'adjusts' to my skin tone, but it matched me well enough.
6) hydrates and smooths - definitely found that it hydrated my skin, it feels nice on the skin although a little bit tacky if I don't set it in place with powder, and will transfer if you don't set it.
7) enhances and clarifies skin - definitely not to be used in place of a good skin care regimen, I can't say that I noticed any significant improvement in my skin from using this but I also didn't notice any bad reaction either.
8) Is oil-free with a light weight feel - yes light weight, and doesn't clog my pores. Goes oily on me after four-ish hours in my t-zone.

EDIT: so I have been using this for the past four months, and have repurchased twice. One more note is that it will stay looking nice for up to 4-6 hours as long as you don't touch your face because it transfers very easily, especially if you don't set it with powder. So would definitely recommend setting with a powder, using a primer and/or a setting spray to keep it in place all day.

Overall, I really liked this and would definitely repurchase. Would recommend for a lighter makeup look, wouldn't use for going out or a heavier makeup look but overall I was impressed.

on 2/12/2016 5:16:00 PM

It was ok but it didn't cover enough and the lightest shade was still too dark for me. It looked cakey after a few hours.

on 12/22/2015 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I want to say I use(d) a lot of maybelline products for years and have started to think I want to branch over. When i picked this bottle up I saw a scary looking chemical on the ingredients I hadnt seen before. I didnt buy it, however I recently went onto bubble and bees blog and saw that this ingredient, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE is a preservative to normally be used in wash out products like conditioners and such (this all came about because of the wen controversy and then a light bulb clicked as to where I had seen that word before). So I couldnt believe that this was used in a FACE product to be left on all day. I know it was relatively low on the list, but i think a big corporation like them with chemists would know there are other preservative choices to be had, not one that states its very powerful and to be rinsed off. So, I didnt actually use or buy this particular product but I will state I went through pages of reviews on here and saw people having allergic reactions and break outs which I cant help but link to this. I know no product is perfect, but I wanted to let people know what I researched. They also still test on animals. There are other drug store brands that are worth getting. I tried the Physicians Formula bb and also the cc which is great if you add either a bit of your normal foundation to match it better and/or drops of some argan or another oil. BB is supposed to HELP peoples skin so adding known irritants (likely to save $) is not ethical especially with a lot of these customers being younger girls.
I read other articles on it heres a reference one tho

on 11/30/2015 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

i wish I could remember what the first bb cream that I ever purchased was, because I liked it, and it was from Maybelline, I think. But it wasn't this-this is fine to slap on if you're running to the grocery store or if you want some coverage at the beach or something. That's it. I wear it snowboarding and I wear it camping when I want to take the edge off uneven skin tone and dark circles. So it does have a purpose, but for eleven dollars? If I didn't own it I would just use what I used to us before-well placed concealer. Layer it with powder and you get those little grease spots in your pores, wear too much to try and cover instead and you look like an oily monster. Too little and it barely covers anything. It's only redeeming quality is that it evens redness and it super easy to put on once you figure out how much. I'll use it up, but I won't buy it again.