Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream
Maybelline Dream Fresh BB, Light/Medium

3.2

This makes a great primer for other Maybelline foundations. The color selection is poor & the shade I use is definitely off if I were to wear it alone, but with a foundation over top-it looks great.

I'm confused about the ratings, as this product DEFINITELY has a noticeable effect on the skin. It just still looks like skin is all. This is the product I use on a daily basis instead of foundation. I think I happen to have skin that can't take a lot of makeup, since putting on the tiniest bit of foundation+concealer+powder+rest of eye and cheek makeup ends up looking extremely cakey. I have many high end foundations (Nars, Chanel, Tarte, MUFE, Estee Lauder etc.) and every foundation looks too heavy on my face in fluorescent lighting. But this product is beautiful! And unlike a lot of other tinted moisturizers and sheer foundations (face and body type foundations), it is not sticky, oily, overly thick or thin. It feels like like a creamy moisturizer, and has no obnoxious smell. The best thing though is the effect on the skin. Worn alone, you can't tell that you have makeup on, but comparing one side of the face with this on and the other side, this product just makes the skin look better, evens out red patches and makes pores look a lot smaller! It obviously is not going to be high coverage, or make pores disappear, but looking in both natural and fluorescent lighting, my skin looks more even and the texture looks a LOT better. Best part is that I can put concealer over top if I want coverage on blemishes or dark circles and it doesn't look heavy. Normal foundations I find it hard to layer concealer or powder on top of, and not have it age my skin (I'm 21 y/o). I wear this for events as well, because the effect is just so beautiful. I have combination skin and it does not cling to dry patches, it helps them look a LOT better and less noticeable compared to moisturizer alone. If you just want your skin to look better, especially in unflattering natural light, this alone is great..even up close it is very hard to tell you have product sitting on the face. For everyday makeup, when you do want coverage, this product works beautifully under a lovely textured concealer (like Nars Creamy Concealer).

Downsides are really to be expected...because it's a tinted moisturizer, it is not going to be long lasting. It actually lasts quite well considering it's natural-dewy texture. I get about 6-8 hours, and it doesn't wear funny. In fact, as it wears off, it looks better than most other foundations do when they wear off..it doesn't all of a sudden get patchy, or oxidize. It stays in tact longer and looks much better at the 6 hr mark with a finishing spray. Also, it is not a mattifying product, so it'll be hard to use for really oily skin. It doesn't bother my combo skin since I also have dry patches that most foundations cling onto a little, but it can look a tiny bit shiny in the T-zone. A little powder fixes that, or even using a concealer like Tarte Shape Tape that's matte. Lastly, they reformulated it and changed the shades recently... I wish they wouldn't have gotten rid of the SPF! otherwise the texture is near identical.. not a great shade selection on the light spectrum of things though. I use the lightest shade Light in the new version, where as I used to use the second lightest before the change. For reference I'm a bit darker than NC20, I'm shade 20 Beige in Chanel vitalumiere aqua, and Nars Creme Brûlée in their creamy concealer)... In the summer I use Light-Medium (and it is noticeably darker)

Also a lovely price...although personally I am willing to shell out money for base products, and this one truly beats every high end product I've tried (my favourite actual foundation is the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua...close second but too heavy for everyday). If you have a problem with things looking too cakey or have dry patches, give this one a try...even if it doesn't work, I think it's only like $8CAD

on 1/17/2017 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Love this bb cream. The only downside is that it doesn't have a big range of color selection but that's true for most other bb creams too. I wear medium/deep but I might get medium and mix with the medium deep to make it more close to my tone (nc42).
I haven't come across many other bb cream with spf 30 so that's a major reason why I love this one. It's very sheer and doesn't really provide much coverage at all but I put on my Mac mineralized skin powder on top to give a little coverage. I don't like wearing too much coverage for daytime so it's great for me. My skin is acne prone and oily in some parts while dry on other. I will probably stick with this bb cream. Can't justify spending $$$ for high end bb cream and out of all the drugstore ones, this one seems to be the best for me. Will re purchase for sure

on 11/19/2016 11:37:00 AM

This smooths out my skin and makes small bumps unnoticeable. However, it's a little greasy. It's light though and easy to wear and gives me a dewy finish. I've found a better BB cream around the same price point so I wouldn't buy it again, but it's a pretty solid BB cream if you want some light/medium coverage!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This bb cream gives a nice glow and it's not thick like a foundation. It covers the redness and blemishes. I have a mature skin and not a perfect texture but I don't to use foundation to the beach, gym or even the supermarket. I need something light and for a drugstore BB cream. This is good. I think it's the base/primer is important. Something moisturising like niveau face balm. Sometimes I use nyx face glow or dior face glow to give an extra glow to my dry skin. When I bought it was because of kathleen light and I tried and I like. Of course I use concealer on top usually on a daily basis maybelline fitme concealer.
Full coverage of course a foundation is better than leaving my skin bare as I feel naked without makeup so this is a good alternative! I wear something but light!

I've been using this since I started wearing a tiny bit of makeup, and I got it because it's hard to find the right foundation, it's a good product but it's very very dewy which I'm not a fan of, and it can be a bit messy, very liquidy, but it does work in the winter where you need to moisturized

on 12/8/2015 10:18:00 PM

Great product, does what it says. Coverage is ok. It covers a lot of the redness on my face but does not completely cover blemishes. Recommended for when your on the go and don't have time do your makeup but you want to look fresh.

on 9/7/2015 9:29:00 AM

Firstly, I have to say that I've tried a lot to like this product!
I used it again and again over a week,but unfortunately It didn't work on my oily to combination skin! So here are my Pros&Cons;
Pros:
1) It comes in a little plastic packaging,so it's easy to carry it in a purse.
2)It has a good price for that much amount of product.
3)You don't have to use lots of a product when it comes to BB and CC creams,so one packaging will be enough for 4 to 6 months.
Cons:
1)It has a poor colour range. I know that BB and CC creams don't have as much shades as foundations,but I am still dissapointed! I am an NC30 in MAC and the mid shade was too fair and the dark shade was too dark! Especially when I was under the sun.
2) The product didn't blend in my skin! I've tried to apply with my fingers,brush and sponge but whenever I touched my face during the day I just felt how It was rolling on my skin and falling down.
So I do not recommend it for oily and combination skins but if you are normal or dry it may work for you!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a great "bb cream" in my opinion. The shade medium deep actually matches my skin tone. It kind of just melts in to it. It has benefits and i feel like it's improved the overall look and quality of my skin. I set it with a powder and it looks great at the end of the day still. The sunscreen is a plus. With this bb cream on it like my skin but better. I like!

on 8/16/2015 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have dark skin, the deep dark or w.e it is isn't that dark!!! If applied with my fingers it looks terrible, you could clearly tell it's not a good color match. With a sponge it's passable...point is that the color selection sucks and I'm not even that dark like c'mon maybelline...get with the program!!!
Another thing us it doesn't last long...at all it'll be there and then in a few hours it's completely gone.
The bottle says reapply every few hours, but who tf has time for that??