Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream
Maybelline Dream Fresh BB, Light/Medium

3.3

I heard a lot of hype about this product and decided to try it. It blended absolutely fine and actually left a pretty, slightly dewy finish. Which I like, as my skin is a bit dry. I also like the amount of coverage this has. This is the perfect tinted moisturizer for people who like TMs with just enough pigmentation to smooth undertones and blur blemishes, but not so much so that it looks fake. I am a fan of natural-looking makeup bases. Anyway, I gave this three stars because it did nothing to help the dry patches on my face, which was the reason I bought it.

This has only five color options but fortunately I matched one of them.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I have larger pores and fine lines, with occasional dry patches. For these reasons, sheer, American BB creams have been useless because most formulations consist of pigment suspended in silicone which just seems to deposit the pigments on my face's texture imperfections. I've been forced to use full coverage Asian BB creams and spend extra time blending and sheering them out. For *whatever* reason, this product is unlike any other sheer/tinted moisturizer I've tried, it works so well! Sometimes I really don't want to look like I have foundation on, and yes, this is *sheer* and doesn't cover eveything. It just provides spf and an overall more healthy look. But it never deposits anything where it shouldn't, which makes it a great formula if you have similar skin concerns. It is not mattifying for oily skin, but does not promote oiliness either. Blotting or powdering occasionally is still necessary, but I am very oily regardless.

on 4/19/2017 12:18:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I bought this for days when I'm wearing little makeup and just want to look a bit better than no makeup. I put it on one side of my face and saw no difference from the bare side. Basically did nothing. Returned it to store. Sorry it didn't work out. Reviews were good and price was great. But pretty useless for me. I suppose if you wanted to buy a shade darker for summer to give yourself color it might work but if you're matching your skin color, for me it didn't do anything to blur or cover imperfections.

on 3/5/2017 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This made me breakout like crazy! My face and neck are now covered in red bumps/pimples.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This product is good for light/natural makeup days. I find the finish is satin, not dewy and not matte. It looks very natural on the skin but does have a tacky feel that doesn't really go away. It offers a nice light coverage perfect for evening out skin tone and wears nicely throughout the day.

on 8/4/2016 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Made me break out like crazy. Didn't like the finish either. Too shiny and didn't last for long on the skin, just melted away. My skin is acne-prone with oily t-zone.

on 7/19/2016 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this product a lot. I expected more positive reviews. It works for me. I don't like a heavy foundation on my skin and this does the trick - light, sheer, natural coverage and evens out my skin tone. It feels light and absorbs well into my skin. I apply it with a damp sponge, but also in a pinch have used clean fingers and it's totally fine. I like the medium-light shade. I find the color very forgiving - if I am a bit paler or a bit tanner, it still works. I read that they have recently reformulated this product slightly - I don't know how that will change things. I'll amend my review if and when I purchase the reformulated product. I hope it's not too different from the original!

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. I bought the lightest shade and when it came out it looked much too orange and dark for my ghostly pale skin. But upon blending into my skin, it seemed to almost adjust to my skin and canceled out a good deal of my redness and blemishes. It didn't completely cover them. Just gave me a smooth and natural look. Setting with a translucent powder and adding mascara and a natural pink lip gives you a "my face but better" look! I haven't had any breakouts with this product either. Really surprised at the amount of negative reviews.

on 6/29/2016 6:06:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Super disappointing product. I put it all over my face and you couldn't tell I had anything on- no coverage at all. It didn't provide a good base for my foundation and almost felt a tad drying.

I am not a huge fan of foundation, so I typically just do BB cream and concealers, maybe with a light touch of powder every now and then. Typically this has worked well for my warm toned fair skin, but not with this one. I know some people said there is no coverage and it's just an okay moisturizer, but I think there is coverage (albeit very light such) and the shade comes out a little 'off' for my skin tone. It does cover up those little blemishes my skin has but the tone is just off, and I've tried looking at my skin throughout the day in various lighting scenarios, and even though it is not like I've painted myself orange or brown, it still just doesn't work that well for me. Decent moisturizer, though, and very much love the high SPF of 30.