Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB, Light/Medium

3.4

on 9/4/2015 2:45:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Horrible for oily skin! I felt like my skin was oilier after wearing this, even with powder. The sPF is great but I would definitely not recommend this for people with combination/oily skin. The coverage is decent, it's sheer but covers enough. I had heard good things about it but was ultimately very disappointed.

on 4/28/2015 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

If I can ever run out of MAC studio sculpt, I would buy this again. The consistency of the two products is too much the same to justify having both. The Maybelline BB cream may be a tad bit thinner. I used this predominantly during the winter months. I wouldn't use in the summer though. High shine may occur. Plus, I don't believe it would last very long once the heat hits it. Perhaps if its layered double or triple time, it may last and the shine could be controlled. What I like about this product is that it makes me look like I don't have foundation on but my skin looks transformed. Yes. No. It's not a true BB cream but at $7 a pop, the added benefit of the spf, the travel friendly packaging, the ease of locating and the way it make my skin glows, I'm not complaining. Color choices=Good Luck.

on 12/1/2014 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I wanted to like this BB cream really really badly. This stuff came out when the BB cream hype was in full swing and this was the only drugstore offering that came in a shade that fit my skin tone Deep Sheer Tint.

So I picked up a tube and applied it to my skin. It looked lovely and fresh and blended right in despite looking too orange. The coverage is perfect for me; it does give you sheer coverage which is enough for me but won't be for people looking for full coverage.

The formula was really runny and I wished Maybelline had packaged it in something else aside from a squeeze tube. Things get messy pretty quickly with the squeeze tube. The BB cream itself also smells very terrible.

The BB Cream makes my face really greasy throughout the day which I really can't stand. I can't be walking around like a grease-ball. Despite the oiliness, I didn't get any breakouts.

I won't purchase this again because I don't want my face to look shiny. I suppose I could try and set it with powder but I really shouldn't have to go through that when the BB Cream says it's oil-free and promises to keep me looking fresh all day.

on 10/8/2014 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I actually really liked this BB cream, although granted it was the very first BB cream I ever tried. But it made my skin look really healthy and I was trying to move away from foundations that caused me to break out and clog my pores. I could finally have great looking skin that could actually breathe. The only reason I probably wouldn't go back to this is I recently switched over to Korean BB creams which is where BB cream originated and the overall quality is a lot better and doesn't cost a fortune like Sephora's BB creams. But if you're looking for something cheap and easily accessible, this is a pretty good choice.

on 6/13/2014 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

The only bb cream I use, until i run out. This product provides sheer to medium cover. Only problem is the product says it contains no oil, but my face seems to appear shinier when using this product.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Before you buy this, ask yourself: What am I looking for in this product?
If you want coverage, look elsewhere- this is more like a tinted moisturizer than a BB creme. But this wasn't a bad product, and I would buy it again.
I bought this as something I could use if I didn't want to spend time applying foundation in the morning on weekdays- I don't have time. Sure, it evens out skin tone- if you have near perfect skin. This didn't cover a thing.
However, it looked natural and left a slightly dewy finish, which I liked. Also it smells really weird (and not in a good way) so if things like smell bother you, consider that.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

It's an okay product. I'm a Nw47 and I got this in deep sheer tint (well duh) . I don't know what BB creams are SUPPOSED to do, but I'm sure this is just really great as a tinted moisturizer to put underneath a finishing powder. I use this under my Sephora mattifying powder in deep or Mac studio fix powder in NW48. It's very shiny, easy to blend throughout the face, and works great as a base before a powder foundation or a finishing powder.

on 9/25/2013 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Best BB cream I've tried so far. I have really dry skin then flakes in certain spots. I use a moisturizer under it for extra moisture. I don't think this would be a good BB for oily skinned people though because it is quite oily... which ends up working with my extremely dry skin.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

As an African-American, It's hard to find a BB cream that will be in your shade and work rather well. This does it for me. The shade matches well and even though I'm oily, I can wear it without feeling like a grease ball. I found that putting powder over it made me more oily. Now I just wear it by itself and I get compliments all the time at work.

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

This is ideal if you are looking for a little pick me up for your skin. It doesn't leave my t-zone shiny as it is so light, but it is almost a sheer coverage so not so good if you have less than perfect skin.

What I love about this is that it has a SPF 30 so I wear it everyday instead of a moisturiser then cover up any blemishes with an oil free foundation. It hasn't clogged my pores or caused any break outs so I'd be happy to repurchase.