Maybelline New York Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream

Maybelline New York Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream
Maybelline Dream Fresh BB, Light/Medium

3.2

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Beautypedia rates this really high but I can't fathom why. It has no coverage, no blurring of imperfections and adds no look of "better" to skin. It does have a good spf but you can find tubes of decent spf everywhere now. The color on this only adds a peachy or orangish tint if you build it up and who wants that? Price is decent but it is a product for a newby. No makeup makeup.

on 7/7/2017 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I am baffled by this product's positive reviews. This bb cream makes me feel like my skin is drowning. It's a thick, greasy mess that is many shades too dark for my fair skin. It was so orange and sat very heavily on my skin, leaving it feeling oily and looking so shiny you'd think I just ran a 5k.

So if you're going for the Oompa Loompa post gym look, you'll love this. Otherwise, save your money.

on 12/14/2016 6:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am finishing my first package of this product. I am not fully satisfied with it, because it does not cover my red or dark spots. But it really helps to even my whole face colour a bit.
I don't have acne anymore, but by the time I had - I did not like to use it, because it did not look good at all (It was better without it back in these days)

So back to the point, I am not fully satisfied, but I am willing to buy one more package, when I will finish the current one. So I guess I like this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Maybelline, for the love of God, why did you reformulate this?
Dream Fresh BB used to be a nice, moisturizing, medium coverage cream that made my skin dewy and lasted for a solid 4 hours (without powder). It gave me sun protection and was my go to for running out the door, surpassing all other bob creams I tried.
A few weeks ago, I went to go pick up ol' reliable and saw written on the tube "NEW IMPROVED FORMULA." Despite the gnawing warning in my gut, I picked it up anyway and proceeded to check out.
Oh Maybelline, what have you done? The new gel like formula looks like pink sweat, and allowed me to get a sunburn. Zero coverage and the consistency is now like glue, except without the staying power. I wouldn't be surprised if they watered the old formula down with pink elmers glue.
Do not buy. It's not worth the 7 bucks.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really loved this bb cream! EXCEPT it broke me out , which was really unfortunate because I really like the coverage. This is very lightweight and covers redness very well. It would work for someone who already has nice skin as I don't think it would be enough coverage to cover any blemishes. I like that it has spf in it and doesn't make my face oily. I would continue to use this if it didn't break me out, but it does. I ended up buying the version with the salicilyc acid in it, but it still broke me out. If you aren't acne prone this would work really well if you are looking for something light and natural!

on 5/21/2016 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

The product really didn't do anything for my skin! It just emphasized my pores! There wasn't really any coverage and it either didn't show up on my skin at all or made me look completely orange and patchy! I really wouldn't recommend this product for anyone! If this is your first BB cream experience, buy an Asian one! Asian BB creams are SO different from this one! Seriously this is like a BAD tinted moisturizer and Asian BB creams are like foundations or tinted moisturizers from heaven! You can't feel them but they have great coverage!

on 3/19/2016 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I got this experimenting with different liquid foundations because I had always used powder. (I know this is a BB cream, but it was almost summer.) I was so excited and I loved he results, how it blurred, how nice my skin felt, and the color. After about a month or so I realized that this is what had been breaking me out so bad. Lots of cystic acne, which is horribly painful. I was told by friends to get the acne clearing one, but salicylic acid has never worked for me. Everybody's skin is different, but I was really disappointed.

on 2/16/2016 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a really decent BB cream for the price: light coverage, plenty of product, and moderately moisturizing. I didn't expect much from the $8 tube. However, after using the cream in a number of different ways, I ultimately found a good use for the product.
The cream cannot really be used by itself as the coverage is very, very light. Further, I would not recommend using the product along with liquid foundation as the foundation will slide right off in an hour or two.
I use the Maybelline BB cream over a skin primer to keep the product in place. I then apply a light, light layer of powder foundation to fully cover any skin imperfections.
I like this cream because it allows me to go without a thick liquid foundation and without concealer for a more casual, natural look.
I would buy again.

on 1/26/2016 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this stuff!! The lightest shade is noticeably darker than my skin out of the tube (I'm very fair and cool-toned), but it sheers out gorgeously. I squeeze a nickel-sized amount on the back of my hand and sponge on to my face with a damp beautyblender. It makes me look more polished and evened out than bare skin and gives my blush and highlighter something to stick to, without shellacking a dusty layer of matte-ness over my skin (my problem with most foundations). You definitely need a good concealer though if you're worried about pimples and undereyes.

Unfortunately, it MAY be breaking me out. I think it's because it's winter and I tend to over-moisturize in winter--the combo of heavy night cream I'm currently using and this might be too much. I never had a problem with it during the summer though, and I wore it every day.

Also, I'm not one to really worry about oil control, but if I know someone is taking pictures somewhere I'm going, I'll set with powder on the nose and t-zone.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I used to use this product a lot until I switched to NYX's BB cream (which I love), but I decided to switch back because my skin was dry so I thought that this "dewy like" bb cream would help my face. INSTEAD after 2 months I developed more acne and breakouts. I finally figured out the problem and I will be switching back to the NYX brand asap!