Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream

3.5

on 9/13/2015 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is not a bb cream it is a tinted moisturizer. I have very dry skin and was looking for something that was moisturizing and had some coverage that I might be able to layer something over with. First off it is very sheer and offers barely any coverage. Secondly he shade range is horrendous. I have fair skin with yellow undertones and the lightest shade literally comes out a peachy orange color This may work more for those with a pinker undertone, but on me it oxidized orange, On my very dry skin this didn't enhance my dry patches, but it you could still see the patchiness, It wasn't all that moisturizing and really didn't do much for my skin. It also leaked like crazy from the packaging because it was so runny.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Ok so this product doesn't make my skin dry or make me break out and it covers pretty well...for the first few hours of the day. By the end of my school day, my face looks so gross if I don't use powder with it. It clings to my skin and my skin absorbs it and I just look gross by the time I get home. Don't get me wrong it's a pretty okay product just make sure you use a powder with it. I have used neutrogena mineral sheers loose powder foundation and clinique acne solutions powder makeup and both work amazing. So I recommend this product very very strongly just make sure you use powder with it and it's great

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

COVER: This product barely covered any imperfections on my skin, my redness still shone through. The product clings to my dry skin horribly, and in-fact accentuates my under-eye circles. It gives me a greasy look to my face whilst also looking cakey on my skin! Also the lightest shade they had still seemed to be too dark for my face, so the colour choice is poor.

SMELL: This stuff smells disgusting! The smell of it alone put me off wanting to put it on my face, but I did and the results were below average. Leaves my face smelling horrible afterwards.

PACKAGING: Personally, I think the packaging dispenses too much product at one time, as the product itself is very runny and lightweight. The packaging also looks too cheap for me.

USES: Did not do A N Y T H I N G to my dry skin, did not even skin-tone, hydrate, cover imperfections. It did not do a single thing it promised.

OVERALL: Would not buy this product again! Actually bought it on a whim, looking for a lightweight product I could wear without looking caked in makeup, even for the price (which is reasonable) I would not buy this again. Totally not worth it for me!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is my first dabbling into a BB cream (I'm aware this isn't a true BB though and more of a tinted moisturizer).
I have very pale skin with lots of freckles, and I prefer to not cover them up. This product has been great for me so far! In addition to being super pale, I have very dry skin too. I used to use powders only, and throughout the day my skin would dry out and I would have those gross bits of skin and chalky powder all over.
Now my skin care routine is to wash with Dr. Bronner's Castile soap and moisturize with Burt's Bees hand salve (yes, on my face. I have reviews for both of those products on here as well), then follow with the BB cream. I have somewhat of a dewy finish at first if I haven't been diligent about really rubbing the salve in, but sometimes I prefer to let it sit and just work its moisturizing magic before I do my makeup.
Some reviewers have said that this product made their face oily. It IS a moisturizer, so perhaps it isn't good for people who already have oily skin. Personally though I love it!
It has yet to break me out, and I have pretty sensitive skin. A big perk for me is the SPF 30, most makeups only have 15. If I'm going to have any chance of being out in the sun, I make sure to at least have sunscreen on my face if nowhere else, and this product does that for me.
The coverage isn't great, but that's what I love about it. Every light coverage foundation I've ever used (liquid and powder) has been far too much for my freckled skin. I was looking for something to even out the texture and provide just a little bit of a "finished" look. Freckled skin is a whole different animal compared to the people who have a single colored skin tone. There is no way you would get a natural look from a foundation in my experience. My favorite part of this is that it tones down any redness from the occasional breakout, making it easier to cover with concealer after this base.
I do use this as my "foundation" on a regular basis, although I apply it with my fingers like a moisturizer. It gives you the feeling of wearing something on days that you don't want to wear makeup (most people), but it is also my "full makeup foundation" for going out at night, weddings, etc.
The packaging is ok. The product might be a little runny for being in a stand up bottle. I have to tilt it quickly and awkwardly put the lid back on at an angle while trying to not spill the product in my hands. I'm not sure what other type of package would be good for this product though. A glass bottle like a liquid foundation wouldn't make sense, and a twist off pot would be a little silly too.

TL;DR
It works beautiful for freckled skin, if you're looking for the HG product you've been searching for all your life. Can't comment on how it works for "normal" skin types.
I give it 4/5 lippies overall simply because I have had good luck with this product, and haven't ventured to try other BB creams, so I can't compare. I may edit this review in the future if I decide to branch out.

on 6/4/2015 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Not a fan... too thick for my likings and light was still pretty dark compared to other products classifcation of "light".
price is not worth it

youd get more out of bb cream by garnier!!!!

on 3/31/2015 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love love love this product. I have extremely sensitive skin. All the products for sensitive skin bother me. This BB cream is my hg. I use light medium, which goes on perfectly, matching my skin perfectly. I have never burnt with this stuff either. My face meds. make me sensitive to the sun....never ever a problem. I don't know what I would do without this product. I don't need fancy packaging, so this is sufficient for me.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I have a large selection of BB creams as I extremely dry skin and find for days when I don't want to much coverage they are best.

This is good over moisturiser as I find it does to look 'dry' on the skin. I didn't find the smell off putting. Would recommend it if you want ultra light coverage

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is the only product from maybelline that I've tried so far that doesn't make me flaky and dry and attaches to my dry patches. It doesn't make me break out and I really enjoy the natural look that it gives. Since it's a formula made for dry skin it has kind of a dewy finish which I don't like, but a matte powder will fix that. Overall my favourite face product atm!

on 7/27/2014 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

If you have dry or flaky skin, this may not be the best BB cream for you. Even after moisturizing and putting on a smoothing primer, this bb cream highlighted my dry patches and dried certain parts of my skin out.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product!
I have quite dry skin (especially round my mouth) but with an oily nose and have pink toned skin with quite a lot of redness. I have a couple of spots, and a few scars from spots in the past. Finally I am very pale: NW10 I think
Maybe skip to the end as my review may be long-winded, but for more detailed descriptions keep reading!
I love this bb cream. The colour for a start is great, because it adds warmth to my face. This is the only face product I have ever continued to use even after discovering it is slightly dark because it really is a lovely colour - peachy which tones down my pink undertones but also flatters them. It blends easily with my neck and does not make me look orange like so many products do, just warm and fresh
The coverage as expected is light (and if you thought it would be otherwise you don't understand the concept of a bb cream). I disagree with the people saying it adds nothing though. I use the equivalent of about half a pump of this and it covers my whole face. My redness is reduced and pores blurred but my freckles are still visible and I still look natural
The finish on this may just be my favourite thing. It is so natural looking it is unreal - you honestly can't tell i have anything on but it does give coverage. I used to apply it with my fingers but now use the real techniques expert face brush - both ways are great it's just I find using the brush to stipple is the best way to get really good coverage - you could even call it medium, even with a small amount of product - and the bb cream is buildable. It is dewy but not shiny as long as you didn't cake it on and have blended. :)
The texture is quite runny which I don't mind at all as it feels light on my face and I prefer it to the classic 'cream' texture.
This bb cream deteriorates throughout the day but there is still enough on for nice looking skin 7 hours after applying with no touch ups. It doesn't cake or severely oxidise or make my face shiny. I usually wear it with some concealer (for really red spots and my very dark under eye circles) and a teeny bit of rimmel stay matte powder to set it and tone down the 'dewy' finish (I'm a semi-matte kinda girl)
Finally, the packaging. I like the fact it is in
a tube because it feels less like a foundation and more like a summer product. You can partially control the amount that comes out, though sometimes it leaks into the lid a little. You get 1oz which lasts a while and the actual packaging is a baby pink themed shiny material

I thing this would be good for people with very dry, dry, normal combination and maybe oily skin if you had a good powder. For oily skin the dream pure (another of my favourites) is slightly better but both products are very similar!!
I think for light to dark skin tones this would be great but if you are out of that range (like me having a milk bottle complexion) I would still give it a go because of how sheer and blendable it is - plus it's cheap (6.99!)

So, if you couldn't be bothered reading all that, here is the low down:

This is perfect for a light coverage natural looking foundation that lasts all day in summer. The colours are flattering and there are quite a few in the range compared to the other brands. The packaging is cute and the price reasonable. After trying rimmel, garnier, estee lauder and loreal this is the best and I would definitely recommend!!