Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream
Maybelline Dream Fresh BB, Light/Medium

3.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Beautypedia rates this really high but I can't fathom why. It has no coverage, no blurring of imperfections and adds no look of "better" to skin. It does have a good spf but you can find tubes of decent spf everywhere now. The color on this only adds a peachy or orangish tint if you build it up and who wants that? Price is decent but it is a product for a newby. No makeup makeup.

I'm usually a fan of Maybelline but they dropped the ball on this one. This is like no other BBQ cream I've used. It's as if it doesn't know if it was supposed to be a foundation or BB cream. The consistency is too thick, it doesn't blend out to an even, natural finish even when I try to thin it out with a liquid highlighter. After the first couple used I noticed it took on a yellowish tinge that was evident at my jaw line. My other products like Blush and Bronzer don't blend as seemlessly as with my other creams. It is now in my "for emergencies only" makeup bag

on 7/7/2017 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I am baffled by this product's positive reviews. This bb cream makes me feel like my skin is drowning. It's a thick, greasy mess that is many shades too dark for my fair skin. It was so orange and sat very heavily on my skin, leaving it feeling oily and looking so shiny you'd think I just ran a 5k.

So if you're going for the Oompa Loompa post gym look, you'll love this. Otherwise, save your money.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Over the years, I've been disappointed to see my go-to TMs with physical sunscreen discontinued time and time again, or the formulas changed to add chemical sunscreens I can't use on my face. There aren't that many products like this, and the hunt for them has taken me all over the place: Sephora, Ulta, department stores, doctor's offices, specialty stores, even hair salons and sometimes only online. The drugstore has always been the dead zone.

So what a surprise to find a really good TM with physical sunscreen in the drugstore by MAYBELLINE! I read a new product review of Dream Fresh somewhere, where it was described as reformulated with better ingredients, and titanium dioxide as its only sunscreen. This is exciting news in my world, and I went out to get it right away. The cardboard display had a range of shades. I got the lightest shade, 100, for less than $10, and took home a great new BB cream. How nice to have a real drugstore option, easy to find *(see note below), easy on the budget! I really like this stuff. The color is just right for me, having enough "life" in it without skewing orange or peach. It is creamy but sheer, and polishes up my skin without masking it or covering it with sparkles. I have rosacea, and I like to just even out the redder portions. I'm not trying to look like airbrushed perfection, just like someone who naturally has nicer skin than I really have. And if I can get a little dewy/glowy thing going with it, all the better, as my 20s are long gone. I didn't realize how nice this was on me until a friend stopped in her tracks and kept complimenting my skin. I looked in the mirror (which of course I avoid like the plague) and thought, she's right. I'm having a "good" day, and it has to be the Maybelline BB cream, the only "different" thing. Using it regularly has not clogged my skin at all. If you have rosacea, or sensitive skin issues, or just want a sheer tint with gentle sunscreen, don't let the brand or price throw you. Give it a try! I hope it works for you, too.

*Update: I have to take away at LEAST a star. The initial product rollout had 5 or more shades, but searching (and I mean searching) for a second tube, I'm discovering that the standard acrylic store display only stocks the middle three shades. It's as if those other shades no longer exist! What a shame for those of us of on either end of the spectrum. To me, the advantages of buying a mass market brand like Maybelline (besides price) are easy availability and frequent turnover of product. I'm not about to order this online.

I heard a lot of hype about this product and decided to try it. It blended absolutely fine and actually left a pretty, slightly dewy finish. Which I like, as my skin is a bit dry. I also like the amount of coverage this has. This is the perfect tinted moisturizer for people who like TMs with just enough pigmentation to smooth undertones and blur blemishes, but not so much so that it looks fake. I am a fan of natural-looking makeup bases. Anyway, I gave this three stars because it did nothing to help the dry patches on my face, which was the reason I bought it.

This has only five color options but fortunately I matched one of them.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I have larger pores and fine lines, with occasional dry patches. For these reasons, sheer, American BB creams have been useless because most formulations consist of pigment suspended in silicone which just seems to deposit the pigments on my face's texture imperfections. I've been forced to use full coverage Asian BB creams and spend extra time blending and sheering them out. For *whatever* reason, this product is unlike any other sheer/tinted moisturizer I've tried, it works so well! Sometimes I really don't want to look like I have foundation on, and yes, this is *sheer* and doesn't cover eveything. It just provides spf and an overall more healthy look. But it never deposits anything where it shouldn't, which makes it a great formula if you have similar skin concerns. It is not mattifying for oily skin, but does not promote oiliness either. Blotting or powdering occasionally is still necessary, but I am very oily regardless.

on 4/13/2017 7:48:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This bb cream is great, it has just the right amount of pigment, is moisturizing, but not greasy at all. Like any foundation that I use, I pick a shade that's just one shade lighter than my skin tone, that gives me a fresh, clean-looking glow. It brightens my face instead of looking "off". Maybelline may have discontinued the "fair" color (I can't find it), and replaced it with med/fair. I can't really tell the difference, it works well too. This cream is slightly buildable, too, without making you look over-done. It has 30 spf which is a big plus, and no matter how close I get it to my eyes, it doesn't irritate them.

on 3/5/2017 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This made me breakout like crazy! My face and neck are now covered in red bumps/pimples.

on 2/10/2017 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

After searching through many failed BB/CC creams I finally found a winner. Yes, the coverage is sheer but its supposed to be! If you are looking for medium to full coverage keep moving. Dream Fresh BB is sheer almost like a Tinted Moisturizer. Its *just enough* coverage to even out skin tone and mask minor flaws. I have dry skin and use a moisturizer underneath this and it provides quick and easy skin perfecting. I apply it with my fingers or beauty sponge and application is easy and even either way. This has made my morning routine just that much quicker. I spread this on and go. The finish is satiny, dewy. Perfect for the no makeup, good skin look I go for and not nearly as much work as foundation.

on 8/19/2016 3:45:00 PM

I absolutely love this cream! The color is accurate to what it looks like on the label. A little bit goes a long way and it is great for smoothing out uneven skin tone and hiding large porse. I find that it dries well and doesn't feel heavy or cakey, even if you accidentally use too much. It stays on well, even after a hot sweaty summer day and some time in the pool. I would highly recommend this product, especially for the price.