Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream
Maybelline Dream Fresh BB, Light/Medium

3.3

on 2/1/2017 7:46:00 PM

I have really been enjoying the reformulated version of this. It got good reviews on the cosmeticscop.com so I thought I'd give it a try. At first I thought, "no freakin way -- this is way too sheer." But my skin has been really clear and as I get older (late 30's) but my no means old, I've been gravitating towards very natural skin/face makeup but still keeping my classic dark eyeliner and mascara. This is perfect for that. I got the lightest shade which is perfect for my NC25 skin (fair olive) and the color is so forgiving in that it ABSOLUTELY disappears into my skin but also manages to even out my skin the bit that it needs, leaving some spots in need of concealer. It sets to a satin finish that does not need to be powdered. Really, really liking it but I can see how someone who likes and is expecting heavier coverage would not.

I can't stand this stuff. It smells a little bit funny and oxidized almost immediately on my face. My skin was completely oily within a half hour. I broke out every time I used any. The price made this cream sound like a good deal, but it wasn't worth it.

on 9/2/2015 11:35:00 PM

This is terrible for oily skin. I wore this alone without moisturizer underneath and I was still an oily mess after an hour. Even with a matte powder overtop, I am shinier than ever. Only saving grace is the SPF. Coverage is sheer but fine for a BB cream.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Ok so this product doesn't make my skin dry or make me break out and it covers pretty well...for the first few hours of the day. By the end of my school day, my face looks so gross if I don't use powder with it. It clings to my skin and my skin absorbs it and I just look gross by the time I get home. Don't get me wrong it's a pretty okay product just make sure you use a powder with it. I have used neutrogena mineral sheers loose powder foundation and clinique acne solutions powder makeup and both work amazing. So I recommend this product very very strongly just make sure you use powder with it and it's great

I impulsively bought this at CVS the other night before going out. I had only worn it for that night and the following day and my face broke out terribly. I had pimples EVERYWHERE. My face had never been so bad! I had a few active breakouts at the time, but it was hard to find an area on my face that wasn't brewing a zit. I immediately stopped the use and within a few days my skin went back to normal. I took a look back on the ingredients and realized there are far too many for sensitive skin like mine. So dear anyone that has acne prone/sensitive skin, please consider another product. My skin was not happy with me after just 2 uses of this. On a positive note, the coverage was very good and it did moisturize my skin. However, far too many breakouts than normal. I was very disappointed with my experience with the product.

At first I really liked using this product, but over time I noticed my skin becoming more oily for no reason and all the sudden I started breaking out with these deep under the skin painful blemishes. This was after 5 months of using this as the only product on my skin. I can only attribute this to the bb cream, as I have never had skin issues in the past, maybe one to two small pimples a month near my nose. Now I am getting 10-12 large pimples a month on my skin and forehead zones. As a result I now have some scaring on my chin and I would not recommend this for long term daily use at all.

on 6/4/2014 7:44:00 AM

very light! very moisture! very easy to use! and very cheap! i will use every school day and recommend to my friends. i have comb skin and no acne. so it is a perfect drug store bb for me!

on 5/18/2014 12:31:00 AM

I wanted a sunscreen that wouldnt turn my face silver or chalky, so I bought this Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB in Medium. Unfortunately the color is too beige for me. Even though the coverage is sheer it manages to give my complexion a muddy beige tint. Oh well, at least thats more natural than silver. Thats why Im giving three stars - because they don't have a range of shades and they dont 'adjust to skin tone' as the product claims.

This foundation/BB cream/ suncreen (what category is this in?) won't last all day. It gets shiny in spots. It disappears from others. The directions say to reapply every 2 hours - which is ridiculous - even I got more life out of the stuff than two hours. And the active ingredient (titanium dioxide) doesnt need to be replenished every two hours either. Titanium dioxide is a fairly stable sunscreen - as long as its still on your skin, its doing its job.

If you like minimalist makeup, have dry skin, and want some sun protection, this could be your dream product. Its just not mine.

on 11/12/2013 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This BB Cream is horrible. It makes my skin look very oily.

on 6/8/2013 2:54:00 PM

I love this stuff. It smooths out my skin tone but lets enough of my natural variations show through that it doesn't look fake or overly made up. In fact, it really doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup at all--just looks like I have better skin than I actually do. I dot on concealer for any blemishes. I can see how for people who are used to wearing foundation, it might not provide enough coverage, but for my purposes it works great. Also, it doesn't break me out (a miracle), and I've had no problems with the color changing throughout the day. Will definitely repurchase.