Maybelline New York Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream

Maybelline New York Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream
Maybelline Dream Fresh BB, Light/Medium

3.2

I love this product. Unfortunately it's difficult to get a hold of in Spain, so I tend to stock up as I travel.

I looooveee it, because it's exactly what I want in a bb cream, it is very subtle on the skin and gives your skin this fresh glow.

However, if you are looking for coverage or more of a colour unifier, this is not for you (but you may like the garnier bb cream). It's very sheer and just provides that pick me up (but you still need concealer for spots). I found it dries quickly on the skin and doesn't leave any sticky residue or anything.

It's my everyday go to for work or uni and it leaves your skin looking like your skin but a little fresher, a little better.

on 8/8/2018 6:40:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I bought this to use in the summer when I have a bit of a tan (I got the light to medium shade). I don't want a full coverage foundation during the summertime. I really like it; it provides just enough coverage to even out my skin and take away some of the shininess and the color was perfect. The sunscreen is a bonus. It lasts all day for me; although I generally don't spend a lot of time outside and sweating.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This isn't my everyday bb cream or foundation but I do love using it from time to time, mixed in with my body shop instaglow. It's beautiful. I love light coverage and minimal, natural makeup and this is perfect for that! This is in my top 3 complexion products of all time along with the Mac bb cream and the Mac face and body :) similar effect! Love it! 😍

on 4/18/2018 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

Love this BB cream. It's light but not too light & does blur imperfections and even skin tone. I use it everywhere on my face including my eyelids. I need a bit of concealer for dark parts - ie eye corners and expression lines. That's it. Awesome value and for those Canadians that think it doesn't have spf, it does. Listed as 1st ingredient Titanium dioxide. It doesn't however say SPF on the label.

on 10/13/2017 9:24:00 AM

i'M USING THIS UNDER milani Conceal & perfect fondation which after updating their shades is the best foundation out there.....

BEST BB CREAM OUT THERE. If you are NC 15, you will be able to wear this in light/med as it's a perfect match but I sometimes mix the medium with it to add a little more color. It's sheer, but you can layer it and get coverage. I wait til it sets a little and put a little dusting of physicians formula speckled talc free powder in transluscent over top and then a little bit of the same powder in Buff beige for a little added color. I was going to try a Maybelline foundation on top, but maybe I won't! This really can be used as a light foundation. i have a few spots I have to use concealer on, but this is SO NICE! Doesn't settle into pores. NEVER cakey...accepts powder well and it lasts! This lasted me longer than most foundations! Likely because I powdered it a little but it looked wonderful. On the first day I wore it, as the day went on....it looked better.....a little glowy...not greasy....but natural. It melts into your skin and doesn't sit on the top like foundation....I think this might be why it lasted so long..Not sure if you were outside sweating what would happen, but I REALLY REALLY love this...thanks Wayne Goss! It's not greasy, gives a subtle glow and is just heaven....I'm super sensitive and doesnt break me out. And it was dirt cheap....like $6.50!!! Feels like nothing on....and unlike most BB creams, it's not orange! I have even gotten away with using the Medium alone....and I layered it.....it never turned orange and to me, it gave me a subtle healthy glow but the color was so pretty...maybe because of the powder combo I used. I am super combo skin and this "feels" good on....it feels moisturizing when you put it on but it does set beautifully. I use my fingers. I think if you used a brush, this would be streaky....you want to rub this in....probably my most favorite thing I've ever tried! And it's cheap! and you can find it everywhere!

on 6/29/2017 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

The price really isn't bad. It's $8. It does not break you out and it's very easy to apply. I am the type of girl who prefers her brushes but with this I applied it as if I was just applying sun screen and it did great. It gave a natural finish as If I wasn't wearing any foundation and really evened out my skin tone.

I am very happy with this product! It is sheer on me, but that is ok. It blurs imperfections, and doesn't really feel like I have any makeup on. I was using Femme Couture CC cream from Sally's, but that stuff was very heavy and never really dried.. just kind of sat greasy on my face. So I am happy to have a new product. I have it in Medium, which is just a tad too light for me in Summer, but that's not the products fault! I will definitely rebuy this even though there isn't much in the tube.. why only one oz? Why are bb and cc creams so $$?

I'm confused about the ratings, as this product DEFINITELY has a noticeable effect on the skin. It just still looks like skin is all. This is the product I use on a daily basis instead of foundation. I think I happen to have skin that can't take a lot of makeup, since putting on the tiniest bit of foundation+concealer+powder+rest of eye and cheek makeup ends up looking extremely cakey. I have many high end foundations (Nars, Chanel, Tarte, MUFE, Estee Lauder etc.) and every foundation looks too heavy on my face in fluorescent lighting. But this product is beautiful! And unlike a lot of other tinted moisturizers and sheer foundations (face and body type foundations), it is not sticky, oily, overly thick or thin. It feels like like a creamy moisturizer, and has no obnoxious smell. The best thing though is the effect on the skin. Worn alone, you can't tell that you have makeup on, but comparing one side of the face with this on and the other side, this product just makes the skin look better, evens out red patches and makes pores look a lot smaller! It obviously is not going to be high coverage, or make pores disappear, but looking in both natural and fluorescent lighting, my skin looks more even and the texture looks a LOT better. Best part is that I can put concealer over top if I want coverage on blemishes or dark circles and it doesn't look heavy. Normal foundations I find it hard to layer concealer or powder on top of, and not have it age my skin (I'm 21 y/o). I wear this for events as well, because the effect is just so beautiful. I have combination skin and it does not cling to dry patches, it helps them look a LOT better and less noticeable compared to moisturizer alone. If you just want your skin to look better, especially in unflattering natural light, this alone is great..even up close it is very hard to tell you have product sitting on the face. For everyday makeup, when you do want coverage, this product works beautifully under a lovely textured concealer (like Nars Creamy Concealer).

Downsides are really to be expected...because it's a tinted moisturizer, it is not going to be long lasting. It actually lasts quite well considering it's natural-dewy texture. I get about 6-8 hours, and it doesn't wear funny. In fact, as it wears off, it looks better than most other foundations do when they wear off..it doesn't all of a sudden get patchy, or oxidize. It stays in tact longer and looks much better at the 6 hr mark with a finishing spray. Also, it is not a mattifying product, so it'll be hard to use for really oily skin. It doesn't bother my combo skin since I also have dry patches that most foundations cling onto a little, but it can look a tiny bit shiny in the T-zone. A little powder fixes that, or even using a concealer like Tarte Shape Tape that's matte. Lastly, they reformulated it and changed the shades recently... I wish they wouldn't have gotten rid of the SPF! otherwise the texture is near identical.. not a great shade selection on the light spectrum of things though. I use the lightest shade Light in the new version, where as I used to use the second lightest before the change. For reference I'm a bit darker than NC20, I'm shade 20 Beige in Chanel vitalumiere aqua, and Nars Creme Brûlée in their creamy concealer)... In the summer I use Light-Medium (and it is noticeably darker)

Also a lovely price...although personally I am willing to shell out money for base products, and this one truly beats every high end product I've tried (my favourite actual foundation is the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua...close second but too heavy for everyday). If you have a problem with things looking too cakey or have dry patches, give this one a try...even if it doesn't work, I think it's only like $8CAD

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I have larger pores and fine lines, with occasional dry patches. For these reasons, sheer, American BB creams have been useless because most formulations consist of pigment suspended in silicone which just seems to deposit the pigments on my face's texture imperfections. I've been forced to use full coverage Asian BB creams and spend extra time blending and sheering them out. For *whatever* reason, this product is unlike any other sheer/tinted moisturizer I've tried, it works so well! Sometimes I really don't want to look like I have foundation on, and yes, this is *sheer* and doesn't cover eveything. It just provides spf and an overall more healthy look. But it never deposits anything where it shouldn't, which makes it a great formula if you have similar skin concerns. It is not mattifying for oily skin, but does not promote oiliness either. Blotting or powdering occasionally is still necessary, but I am very oily regardless.

on 4/13/2017 7:48:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This bb cream is great, it has just the right amount of pigment, is moisturizing, but not greasy at all. Like any foundation that I use, I pick a shade that's just one shade lighter than my skin tone, that gives me a fresh, clean-looking glow. It brightens my face instead of looking "off". Maybelline may have discontinued the "fair" color (I can't find it), and replaced it with med/fair. I can't really tell the difference, it works well too. This cream is slightly buildable, too, without making you look over-done. It has 30 spf which is a big plus, and no matter how close I get it to my eyes, it doesn't irritate them.