Maybelline New York Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB, Light/Medium

2.9

on 1/17/2017 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Love this bb cream. The only downside is that it doesn't have a big range of color selection but that's true for most other bb creams too. I wear medium/deep but I might get medium and mix with the medium deep to make it more close to my tone (nc42).
I haven't come across many other bb cream with spf 30 so that's a major reason why I love this one. It's very sheer and doesn't really provide much coverage at all but I put on my Mac mineralized skin powder on top to give a little coverage. I don't like wearing too much coverage for daytime so it's great for me. My skin is acne prone and oily in some parts while dry on other. I will probably stick with this bb cream. Can't justify spending $$$ for high end bb cream and out of all the drugstore ones, this one seems to be the best for me. Will re purchase for sure

on 8/2/2012 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I paid $8 for this so the price is relatively cheap for a BB cream, since the Garnier version is around $15. I use shade medium deep for my NC 35 tanned asian skin. The medium deep is a warm yellow-toned color which is a great color match if you are in that range of tones because it blends really well. I have normal combination skin but I have to be careful applying this because it easily makes my skin look oily. I don't mind the dewey look but other people commented that I have oily skin when I wear this. I use this like a tinted moisturizer and rub a dime size amount between my fingers before applying it lightly with the ends of my fingers on my face (just like I were applying a lotion). The lasting power is great and lasts me until the evening.

This has medium coverage which I love because I can skip concealer and this fixes skin discoloration around my nose and eyes. As others have said, this feels more like a tinted moisturizer than a bb cream. I suspect this may be clogging my pores though because I have developed tiny bumps since using this. In summary, this is easy and quick to apply for days when you do not have time to spare for makeup application. However, this does not replace regular cream/liquid foundation for me because of the oily finish.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

If you're looking for coverage, this BB Cream is not the product for you. Its more like a tinted moisturizer and barely gives any coverage. I like how its light weight which is perfect for the summer, but I prefer to have some coverage at least. Also, this BB cream does not control oil. I ended up returning the product and getting my $10 back. I believe the asian brand bb creams are way better than all these american bb creams that are coming out.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I LOVE THIS STUFF! I tried this after hearing Bethany (Macbarbie07) on youtube rave about it. It's summer and I'm tan so I rarely even put any foundation on. I just wanted something light and simple because most of the time I don't even like the way foundation looks on my face. I can't stand feeling makeup sitting on my face. At first whenever I started putting it on it felt and blended like a gel type watery lotion. My first thought was uuuhh oh I don't think this is going to blend or wear well but I was wrong. I got the color 130 Medium/Deep and it matches perfectly to my skintone. What I love about this is it feels as though you are wearing absolutely no makeup at all. It blends so well that it looks more natural than any type of makeup I've ever worn. It evens out your skintone and gives you a nice glow it doesn't make your skin to dry or oily it balances it out perfectly. It also seems to stay on all day! I know a lot of people like that it has SPF in it that's really the only drawback to me but I'll only wear it indoors anyways. If you are someone who already has good skin and only wants to wear very minimum makeup you'll love this!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This isn't my everyday bb cream or foundation but I do love using it from time to time, mixed in with my body shop instaglow. It's beautiful. I love light coverage and minimal, natural makeup and this is perfect for that! This is in my top 3 complexion products of all time along with the Mac bb cream and the Mac face and body :) similar effect! Love it! 😍

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is the first BB cream I've ever tried, so I don't know what a BB cream is really supposed to feel like nor can I compare it to other products. That being said, I won't repurchase this product. It has a very thin consistency with a very sheer coverage; I apply it with a blending sponge and I see no difference in my skin after application. If anything, I would use it as a primer in a pinch, but I prefer a medium to heavy coverage foundation so I can't see myself purchasing BB creams in the future.

on 2/20/2014 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This BB cream was the third BB cream I tried and overall, this whole BB/CC thing I am not crazy about. Im out of the BB/CC game.

the colors for most BB/CC creams I have came across are either:too pink/too light. Like this BB cream, which the darkest shade I could find was Medium. Great I guess if you have pink/pale skin. But secound issue I have with this BB cream and others: How are you going to cover anything on your face??? This BB cream does not provide ANY coverage. Thats what I get for falling for another BB cream. I have decent, non problematic skin ill admit(thank you accutane) so I dont have much to cover except a little uneveness here and there. It cant even do that! I cannot imagine people with acne, scars, blemishes in general using this to cover. Cant protect your skin, oxidizes.... Ladies, do yourself a favor, buy a normal coverage foundation(medium-full) and sheer it out with sunscreen/moisturizer/serum instead. Same results and less wasting time,money and space for another useless BB cream.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really love this product, in fact I've purchased it 3x since last summer. Although it is marketed as a BB cream it really is just a tinted moisturizer. It has sheer coverage enough to reduce some redness and blur some imperfections. Coverage really isn't buildable - you'd have to layer this several times just to get a light coverage. It's a my skin but better product for me. I'm allergic to many chemical sunscreens (hives/swollen face/scaley skin) so I was excited to see that this uses a physical sunscreen. I have combination, acne-prone skin and I love that this does not leave me greasy nor does it accentuate any dry spots and it hasn't broken me out. It also does not oxidize and turn orange me. I still use a sunscreen underneath because I do not apply enough of the product to give me adequate sun protection. For most of the year I also wear a moisturizer underneath except in the summer when this usually provides me with enough moisture. The consistency is thin and runny and easily blendable and feels very light. I highly suggest this if you are looking for minimal coverage (just to even things out a bit) with a natural finish.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is a great BB cream. I love it to death. For a BB cream it has a decent coverage. It covers my redness. The packaging isn't the best but I can care less. It is kind of oily only because it has SPF 30. Which is a plus for protection. I use a setting powder after it sets only because I want to make sure it stays on for 8 hours. Other than that great product.
Hope this helped
xoxo
NataliePRMakeup

on 2/4/2013 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I first heard about BB Creams about five years ago, way before they became the product du jour here in the States. Unfortunately, the only ones that were available back then were made by Asian cosmetic companies that basically had two shades: very light and light. I did foolishly buy one on eBay back then. The product itself was great but it didn't match my skin tone by a long shot so I chucked it. Flash forward to 2012 and finally, the United States has jumped on the BB bandwagon. Geez, we're slow!

I was a bit hesitant to try Dream Fresh because most of the reviews I read said that the product is basically just a tinted moisturizer and isn't at all like a "true" BB cream. Having tried a "true" BB cream, I'll agree with that assessment, however, I think this product is actually a step above a tinted moisturizer. I have never found a tinted moisturizer that did anything except leave a thin film of....something on my face. This actually does a bit more. While you're not going to get exceptional coverage from this product alone, it will liven up your face and cover up enough to make you presentable. It's certainly not going to replace your regular foundation and I probably wouldn't wear it on a date or a job interview, but it's an easy product to swipe on just to go to the grocery store or gas station.

To be perfectly honest, I can find no downside to this product. It is fairly cheap (I think I got it for $5 at the grocery store), easy to match and easy to use. I haven't experienced any breakouts while using it and I have even fallen asleep with it on. As I said, I wouldn't recommend this to someone who has major skin problems or who is looking to replace their foundation - this will not do that. If you're looking for something light and sort of an "off day" makeup alternative, this is your best bet.