Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB, Light/Medium

3.2

on 6/13/2017 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

not bad but not wow. good for the price. a meh product for me tbh. i'd prefer buying the h&m bb cream as t gives a little more coverage

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product does not work for me at all. It has low/no coverage, which is fine for a bb cream, but it also feels very greasy on the skin and breaks me out so bad.
I tried this twice, I used it throughout high school and I recently bought it again. I have dry skin and this still feels incredibly greasy on me and fades away throughout the day. It starts out looking decent and looks horrible 2 hours in.

The real deal-breaker is when I go to take it off I found at least 1 pimple had been inflamed and irritated and it caused more to pop up. I do not recommend this at all.

This was an unexpected love for me. I bought the Light/Medium color, which works well for my NC20/25 skin. I have combination skin that is relatively smooth, but does have some hyperpigmentation from some pregnancy acne spots.

The finish of Dream Fresh is satin-skinlike, and I love that it goes on sheer but evens everything out and can be layered. And my favorite part is that it has 100% mineral sunscreen.

I use this with the Age Rewind concealer, and I'm good to go. I do have to blot after a few hours because I don't finish with powder, but that is a minor inconvenience.

Overall, very happy with this and would continue to repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Over the years, I've been disappointed to see my holy grail TM with physical sunscreen discontinued time and time again, or the formula changed to add ingredients I can't use on my face. I have a few substitutes I like but don't love, so I stay vigilantly looking in case they, too, change or disappear, and in the hopes of finding something I truly love. There aren't that many products like this, and they are all over the place: Sephora, Ulta, department stores, doctor's offices, specialty stores, and sometimes only online. The drugstore has always been the dead zone: Neutrogena used to have an option that was okay, but they changed it, and Physician's Formula has a couple of options, but the formulas are heavy and the colors too limited.

So what a bombshell to find possibly my new favorite TM in the drugstore by MAYBELLINE! I think I read about it on beautypedia in their new review section, which I find more useful for catching up on products than for the "ratings", though I think they do a good job troubleshooting ingredient lists. Apparently it was reformulated with better ingredients, including using only titanium dioxide as the sunscreen. This is exciting news in my world, and I went out to get Dream Fresh BB right away. There seemed to be a range of shades. I got the lightest shade, 100, for less than $10, and found potentially a new holy grail TM/BB (until they change it again!). How fantastic to have such a great drugstore option, easy to find*, easy on the budget! I love this stuff. The lightest color is just right for me, with just enough "life" in it, probably from a bit of a neutral yellow undertone, without skewing orange or peach. It is creamy and sheer, easy to layer over my base of serum, eye cream, and sunblock, and just polishes up my skin to the perfect extent without masking it at all. I have rosacea, in a mild form these days, and I like to just even out the redder portions. I'm not trying to look like airbrushed perfection, just like someone who naturally has nicer skin than I really have. And if I can get a little dewy/glowy thing going with it, all the better, as my 20s are long gone (cherish them!). I didn't realize how nice this was on me until someone who sees me regularly virtually stopped in her tracks and complimented my skin in extravagant terms. I had been switching around between my TMs and this BB, and I looked in the mirror (which, despite loving makeup, I avoid like the plague) and thought, she's right. I'm having a "good" day. Maybe I can have more. Now I use this every day, and since I do, I can say with confidence it has not clogged my skin or caused a single problem for me. If you have rosacea, or sensitive skin issues, or just want a sheer tint with gentle sunscreen, don't let the brand or price throw you. Give it a try! I hope you love it, too

*Update: When I first bought this, it was from a cardboard display, and there were 4 to 6 shades. Now that I'm trying to get a second tube, all I'm finding in the stores (I checked six of them) are the middle three shades, which really should knock a star off the review.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't mean to be blunt... but this product was a HUGE fail for me. It oxidizes, emphasizes texture, makes me look greasy and i swear it breaks me out as well. I am a believer however that just because a product doesnt work for someone, doesnt mean it doesnt work for anyone... so i passed it along to my friend and she loves it. Its all about your skin type. If you have oily, acne prone skin this probably isnt the best option for you. If you have good skin to begin with and just want a little extra coverage then this may be the product for you!

I am very happy with this product! It is sheer on me, but that is ok. It blurs imperfections, and doesn't really feel like I have any makeup on. I was using Femme Couture CC cream from Sally's, but that stuff was very heavy and never really dried.. just kind of sat greasy on my face. So I am happy to have a new product. I have it in Medium, which is just a tad too light for me in Summer, but that's not the products fault! I will definitely rebuy this even though there isn't much in the tube.. why only one oz? Why are bb and cc creams so $$?

I heard a lot of hype about this product and decided to try it. It blended absolutely fine and actually left a pretty, slightly dewy finish. Which I like, as my skin is a bit dry. I also like the amount of coverage this has. This is the perfect tinted moisturizer for people who like TMs with just enough pigmentation to smooth undertones and blur blemishes, but not so much so that it looks fake. I am a fan of natural-looking makeup bases. Anyway, I gave this three stars because it did nothing to help the dry patches on my face, which was the reason I bought it.

This has only five color options but fortunately I matched one of them.

I'm confused about the ratings, as this product DEFINITELY has a noticeable effect on the skin. It just still looks like skin is all. This is the product I use on a daily basis instead of foundation. I think I happen to have skin that can't take a lot of makeup, since putting on the tiniest bit of foundation+concealer+powder+rest of eye and cheek makeup ends up looking extremely cakey. I have many high end foundations (Nars, Chanel, Tarte, MUFE, Estee Lauder etc.) and every foundation looks too heavy on my face in fluorescent lighting. But this product is beautiful! And unlike a lot of other tinted moisturizers and sheer foundations (face and body type foundations), it is not sticky, oily, overly thick or thin. It feels like like a creamy moisturizer, and has no obnoxious smell. The best thing though is the effect on the skin. Worn alone, you can't tell that you have makeup on, but comparing one side of the face with this on and the other side, this product just makes the skin look better, evens out red patches and makes pores look a lot smaller! It obviously is not going to be high coverage, or make pores disappear, but looking in both natural and fluorescent lighting, my skin looks more even and the texture looks a LOT better. Best part is that I can put concealer over top if I want coverage on blemishes or dark circles and it doesn't look heavy. Normal foundations I find it hard to layer concealer or powder on top of, and not have it age my skin (I'm 21 y/o). I wear this for events as well, because the effect is just so beautiful. I have combination skin and it does not cling to dry patches, it helps them look a LOT better and less noticeable compared to moisturizer alone. If you just want your skin to look better, especially in unflattering natural light, this alone is great..even up close it is very hard to tell you have product sitting on the face. For everyday makeup, when you do want coverage, this product works beautifully under a lovely textured concealer (like Nars Creamy Concealer).

Downsides are really to be expected...because it's a tinted moisturizer, it is not going to be long lasting. It actually lasts quite well considering it's natural-dewy texture. I get about 6-8 hours, and it doesn't wear funny. In fact, as it wears off, it looks better than most other foundations do when they wear off..it doesn't all of a sudden get patchy, or oxidize. It stays in tact longer and looks much better at the 6 hr mark with a finishing spray. Also, it is not a mattifying product, so it'll be hard to use for really oily skin. It doesn't bother my combo skin since I also have dry patches that most foundations cling onto a little, but it can look a tiny bit shiny in the T-zone. A little powder fixes that, or even using a concealer like Tarte Shape Tape that's matte. Lastly, they reformulated it and changed the shades recently... I wish they wouldn't have gotten rid of the SPF! otherwise the texture is near identical.. not a great shade selection on the light spectrum of things though. I use the lightest shade Light in the new version, where as I used to use the second lightest before the change. For reference I'm a bit darker than NC20, I'm shade 20 Beige in Chanel vitalumiere aqua, and Nars Creme Brûlée in their creamy concealer)... In the summer I use Light-Medium (and it is noticeably darker)

Also a lovely price...although personally I am willing to shell out money for base products, and this one truly beats every high end product I've tried (my favourite actual foundation is the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua...close second but too heavy for everyday). If you have a problem with things looking too cakey or have dry patches, give this one a try...even if it doesn't work, I think it's only like $8CAD

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I have larger pores and fine lines, with occasional dry patches. For these reasons, sheer, American BB creams have been useless because most formulations consist of pigment suspended in silicone which just seems to deposit the pigments on my face's texture imperfections. I've been forced to use full coverage Asian BB creams and spend extra time blending and sheering them out. For *whatever* reason, this product is unlike any other sheer/tinted moisturizer I've tried, it works so well! Sometimes I really don't want to look like I have foundation on, and yes, this is *sheer* and doesn't cover eveything. It just provides spf and an overall more healthy look. But it never deposits anything where it shouldn't, which makes it a great formula if you have similar skin concerns. It is not mattifying for oily skin, but does not promote oiliness either. Blotting or powdering occasionally is still necessary, but I am very oily regardless.

on 4/19/2017 12:18:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I bought this for days when I'm wearing little makeup and just want to look a bit better than no makeup. I put it on one side of my face and saw no difference from the bare side. Basically did nothing. Returned it to store. Sorry it didn't work out. Reviews were good and price was great. But pretty useless for me. I suppose if you wanted to buy a shade darker for summer to give yourself color it might work but if you're matching your skin color, for me it didn't do anything to blur or cover imperfections.