Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream
Maybelline Dream Fresh BB, Light/Medium

3.2

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I used this before i started wearing foundation and its so good for people who are just starting makeup. Its obviously a sheer coverage which just evens skin tones and hides imperfections. It has a very lightweight feeling and looks natural and dewy when blended out. The only problem with this is the shade range, the lighter ones can look too orange.

I'm usually a fan of Maybelline but they dropped the ball on this one. This is like no other BBQ cream I've used. It's as if it doesn't know if it was supposed to be a foundation or BB cream. The consistency is too thick, it doesn't blend out to an even, natural finish even when I try to thin it out with a liquid highlighter. After the first couple used I noticed it took on a yellowish tinge that was evident at my jaw line. My other products like Blush and Bronzer don't blend as seemlessly as with my other creams. It is now in my "for emergencies only" makeup bag

This makes a great primer for other Maybelline foundations. The color selection is poor & the shade I use is definitely off if I were to wear it alone, but with a foundation over top-it looks great.

on 7/7/2017 11:25:00 PM

I am baffled by this product's positive reviews. This bb cream makes me feel like my skin is drowning. It's a thick, greasy mess that is many shades too dark for my fair skin. It was so orange and sat very heavily on my skin, leaving it feeling oily and looking so shiny you'd think I just ran a 5k.

So if you're going for the Oompa Loompa post gym look, you'll love this. Otherwise, save your money.

on 7/7/2017 3:26:00 PM

I bought this because it had a decent amount of SPF and I was going to the beach for a week so I wanted something light to wear when I went out in the heat. This product made me break out (badly), gets grossly oily, and in my opinion is extremely light (I bought the medium color and it literally looked creamy white). I have combination skin but I'm more dry than oily. I also never break out unless it's right before my period. I've worn this over the course of 4 weeks and it hasn't gotten any better unfortunately bc the formula seems like a bargain for an $8 BB cream.

on 6/29/2017 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

The price really isn't bad. It's $8. It does not break you out and it's very easy to apply. I am the type of girl who prefers her brushes but with this I applied it as if I was just applying sun screen and it did great. It gave a natural finish as If I wasn't wearing any foundation and really evened out my skin tone.

on 6/13/2017 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

not bad but not wow. good for the price. a meh product for me tbh. i'd prefer buying the h&m bb cream as t gives a little more coverage

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product does not work for me at all. It has low/no coverage, which is fine for a bb cream, but it also feels very greasy on the skin and breaks me out so bad.
I tried this twice, I used it throughout high school and I recently bought it again. I have dry skin and this still feels incredibly greasy on me and fades away throughout the day. It starts out looking decent and looks horrible 2 hours in.

The real deal-breaker is when I go to take it off I found at least 1 pimple had been inflamed and irritated and it caused more to pop up. I do not recommend this at all.

This was an unexpected love for me. I bought the Light/Medium color, which works well for my NC20/25 skin. I have combination skin that is relatively smooth, but does have some hyperpigmentation from some pregnancy acne spots.

The finish of Dream Fresh is satin-skinlike, and I love that it goes on sheer but evens everything out and can be layered. And my favorite part is that it has 100% mineral sunscreen.

I use this with the Age Rewind concealer, and I'm good to go. I do have to blot after a few hours because I don't finish with powder, but that is a minor inconvenience.

Overall, very happy with this and would continue to repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Over the years, I've been disappointed to see my go-to TMs with physical sunscreen discontinued time and time again, or the formulas changed to add chemical sunscreens I can't use on my face. There aren't that many products like this, and the hunt for them has taken me all over the place: Sephora, Ulta, department stores, doctor's offices, specialty stores, even hair salons and sometimes only online. The drugstore has always been the dead zone.

So what a surprise to find a really good TM with physical sunscreen in the drugstore by MAYBELLINE! I read a new product review of Dream Fresh somewhere, where it was described as reformulated with better ingredients, and titanium dioxide as its only sunscreen. This is exciting news in my world, and I went out to get it right away. The cardboard display had a range of shades. I got the lightest shade, 100, for less than $10, and took home a great new BB cream. How nice to have a real drugstore option, easy to find *(see note below), easy on the budget! I really like this stuff. The color is just right for me, having enough "life" in it without skewing orange or peach. It is creamy but sheer, and polishes up my skin without masking it or covering it with sparkles. I have rosacea, and I like to just even out the redder portions. I'm not trying to look like airbrushed perfection, just like someone who naturally has nicer skin than I really have. And if I can get a little dewy/glowy thing going with it, all the better, as my 20s are long gone. I didn't realize how nice this was on me until a friend stopped in her tracks and kept complimenting my skin. I looked in the mirror (which of course I avoid like the plague) and thought, she's right. I'm having a "good" day, and it has to be the Maybelline BB cream, the only "different" thing. Using it regularly has not clogged my skin at all. If you have rosacea, or sensitive skin issues, or just want a sheer tint with gentle sunscreen, don't let the brand or price throw you. Give it a try! I hope it works for you, too.

*Update: I have to take away at LEAST a star. The initial product rollout had 5 or more shades, but searching (and I mean searching) for a second tube, I'm discovering that the standard acrylic store display only stocks the middle three shades. It's as if those other shades no longer exist! What a shame for those of us of on either end of the spectrum. To me, the advantages of buying a mass market brand like Maybelline (besides price) are easy availability and frequent turnover of product. I'm not about to order this online.