Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB, Light/Medium

3.9

on 4/19/2017 12:18:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I bought this for days when I'm wearing little makeup and just want to look a bit better than no makeup. I put it on one side of my face and saw no difference from the bare side. Basically did nothing. Returned it to store. Sorry it didn't work out. Reviews were good and price was great. But pretty useless for me. I suppose if you wanted to buy a shade darker for summer to give yourself color it might work but if you're matching your skin color, for me it didn't do anything to blur or cover imperfections.

on 3/2/2015 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

A great tinted moisturizer with a mineral sunscreen. The light/medium shade blends beautifully and evens out skin tone and redness. I use it alone, or over Clinique MoistureSurge Gel Creme for winter drier days. $9.00 gets you a small tube of the best BB cream that I've tried. Does not have an irritating fragrance and is pretty much my go to foundation now. If I'm doing a full makeup, I will add powder just on the nose and under eye concealer. On no makeup days it's this, eye cream, and lip balm. I've lost count of the number of tubes I've repurchased. Feels light and comfortable on the skin and I've gotten compliments on how nice my skin is from my massage therapist to my dermatologist. Not bad for a rash prone redhead looking to the next decade in July.

on 6/18/2013 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Curly, Medium

This is GREAT for those days when you want to do a minimal make-up. This stuff is so good and cheap that I just think of it as a sunscreen/moisturizer and (because it is so inexpensive--under $10) I apply it liberally. It also happens to even-up my skin and make it look smooth and clear, so yes, it also works like a med. coverage foundation. (It is build-able for more coverage.
I've been hearing so much lately about how the sun is AGING (and yes, you SHOULD care, because if you live long enough, you will also be "a lady of a certain age"!), so a high spf is important! I know how good tans can look, especially if you are young, but ladies: protect your face, at least! With all the good bronzers out there, fake your tan on your face
If you want a look that is more matte, follow this bb cream up with loose mineral powder and bronzer or blush.
WILL BUY AGAIN.

on 11/29/2012 9:37:00 AM

This was really great on, looked awesome,but the next day I had 2 large pimples. I know it was from this. So if it doesn't make you break out it is great. But I can't use it because of that.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried a sample from a magazine and I love the way my skin looks....smooth, natural, kind of glowy and even toned. I think I will buy some.

on 8/27/2012 6:39:00 PM

So, I had tried the Boscia BB cream over the winter and really liked it. But I was trying to save some dollars, and decided to give this one a try for the summer.

Overall, I was very pleased. It's not heavy, and left my skin looking pretty even overall (I have rosacea, freckles, and large pores), which was nice, particulary in the humid summer weather. I don't know that it "improved" my skin, but it felt nice and I was pretty happy with it. I think it is definitely OK, but I'm not 100% sure I would go out of my way to buy it. I think I'd like to try some others before making a final decision.

on 7/13/2012 1:13:00 PM

The BB Cream rage ... tried so many in all price ranges and disliked them all for various reasons. The major one being that they left me looking flat/matte and seemed to accentuate every fine line and blemish. And most had low spf (if any) ratings.

Now Maybelline ... you hit it out of the park for me. I want light coverage (check), the dewy finish (check), good moisturizing (check), no melting (check) and at least spf 30 (check). Not bad for $10.99. Tried 2 shades (medium/tan and medium) and neither changed on my skin once applied.

2 warnings: (1) if you want moderate or more coverage, this isn't for you. Very light coverage - think tinted moisturizer not foundation. (2) you will tan with this. I put alot on ... spf 30 is not high enough (for me) if I'm planning a day in the sun.

But for most every other day ... I'm a big fan.

on 7/2/2012 11:37:00 PM

I just ran out of my Tarte Smooth Operator which I truly love. When I went to Walmart, I saw this andI got it (for $8.95) because I was curious to try a BB cream. It is more like a tinted moisturizer but I really like it. I don't find it runny and thin, but rather thick. I dot it on my cheeks and forehead and blend with my Eco Tools foundation brush. Voila, my skin is evened out and looks good. I still use a bit of concealer under the eyes but that's it. I got the shade 'light' . For reference I am NW 15-20. Great job Maybelline (I never tried you before).
EDIT: Just wanted to point out that I wear sunscreen before applying this. I am not sure about the SPF 30 claim in this product.