Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream
Maybelline Dream Fresh BB, Light/Medium

3.9

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Beautypedia rates this really high but I can't fathom why. It has no coverage, no blurring of imperfections and adds no look of "better" to skin. It does have a good spf but you can find tubes of decent spf everywhere now. The color on this only adds a peachy or orangish tint if you build it up and who wants that? Price is decent but it is a product for a newby. No makeup makeup.

on 4/19/2017 12:18:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I bought this for days when I'm wearing little makeup and just want to look a bit better than no makeup. I put it on one side of my face and saw no difference from the bare side. Basically did nothing. Returned it to store. Sorry it didn't work out. Reviews were good and price was great. But pretty useless for me. I suppose if you wanted to buy a shade darker for summer to give yourself color it might work but if you're matching your skin color, for me it didn't do anything to blur or cover imperfections.

on 4/13/2017 7:48:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This bb cream is great, it has just the right amount of pigment, is moisturizing, but not greasy at all. Like any foundation that I use, I pick a shade that's just one shade lighter than my skin tone, that gives me a fresh, clean-looking glow. It brightens my face instead of looking "off". Maybelline may have discontinued the "fair" color (I can't find it), and replaced it with med/fair. I can't really tell the difference, it works well too. This cream is slightly buildable, too, without making you look over-done. It has 30 spf which is a big plus, and no matter how close I get it to my eyes, it doesn't irritate them.

on 3/2/2015 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

A great tinted moisturizer with a mineral sunscreen. The light/medium shade blends beautifully and evens out skin tone and redness. I use it alone, or over Clinique MoistureSurge Gel Creme for winter drier days. $9.00 gets you a small tube of the best BB cream that I've tried. Does not have an irritating fragrance and is pretty much my go to foundation now. If I'm doing a full makeup, I will add powder just on the nose and under eye concealer. On no makeup days it's this, eye cream, and lip balm. I've lost count of the number of tubes I've repurchased. Feels light and comfortable on the skin and I've gotten compliments on how nice my skin is from my massage therapist to my dermatologist. Not bad for a rash prone redhead looking to the next decade in July.

on 2/3/2015 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had heard about BB Creams from the teenage daughter of the owner of my nail salon. So, when a 20 something co-worker gave me her barely used tube, purchased in the wrong color for her, I wasn't expecting much. And, I also associate the Maybelline brand with kids who can't afford more. Well I was pleasantly surprised with this product. The fair/medium is a bit on the light side, and my skin tone is rather light. But it evens and brightens adding an imperceptible glow to my uneven and aging skin without a foundation-ish look. I like it.

on 3/27/2014 4:11:00 PM

It turns out I like this product a lot. I am using the light/medium sheer tint. When I put some on my hand I was thinking it looked too orange to me so I thought it would not work but I smooth in all over my face and it blended great and does not look orange at all. I kept looking in different light-outdoor & indoor with a magnifying mirror but it looks really good-very sheer which I like because I hate seeing bloches of makeup. I add just a little powder on the nose since it can shine after a while and I am good to go. I did try a couple of Cliniques tinted moisturizers but found they did not blend well so I went back to this one. It comes in a smaller bottle but I feel that is a good thing because I like my make up to be fresh and not get old in a larger container. Also I live in Florida and I have worn this outside and had no problem with sunburning so I know the sunscreen is effective.

on 6/18/2013 1:36:00 PM

This is GREAT for those days when you want to do a minimal make-up. This stuff is so good and cheap that I just think of it as a sunscreen/moisturizer and (because it is so inexpensive--under $10) I apply it liberally. It also happens to even-up my skin and make it look smooth and clear, so yes, it also works like a med. coverage foundation. (It is build-able for more coverage.
I've been hearing so much lately about how the sun is AGING (and yes, you SHOULD care, because if you live long enough, you will also be "a lady of a certain age"!), so a high spf is important! I know how good tans can look, especially if you are young, but ladies: protect your face, at least! With all the good bronzers out there, fake your tan on your face
If you want a look that is more matte, follow this bb cream up with loose mineral powder and bronzer or blush.
WILL BUY AGAIN.

on 5/14/2013 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

This is o.k. Better than Garnier and cheaper too. I got Medium and it is a bit too light on me but the next shade up is dark and orange. Mixing them together isn't an option, still dark and orange, lol. This goes on sheer. Doesn't cover the dark sun spots under my eyes and I did tan with this which I wasn't expecting. Not too thrilled with that, but I like it enough that it doesn't have chemical sunscreens in it. My tube doesn't smell either. While it dried matte on my face, about 3 to 4 hours later the oils from my nose and sides of my nose pushed out and left me to add a powder (Neutrogena Mineral Sheer) to counter that. Would not buy again. Im going to try the Lumene one next.

on 2/26/2013 10:59:00 AM

I've tried most high end BB creams and haven't cared for any of them, either too much coverage or too matte or settling into pores. This gives a light coverage with a very youthful dewy look, not oily just nice even tone, and it last all day! I usually use Chanel aqua lumiere, but for daily quick out the door fresh face this beats it hands down. No need to moisturize I use a Shiseido base brush to apply, but in a pinch fingers work. I can't recommend this enough for mature skin, leaves you glowing in a healthy natural way even when traveling to Florida where the humidity makes every makeup I use feel heavy and sticky, not this. I'm 59 years old and get compliments in my skin all the time, more than with my Chanel.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I picked this up in Coles for $14.50 in Medium. I would not call this a BB cream. It is thin and runny with no SPF. It didn't have any coverage on my face. I am a BB fan. I have purchased a few Asian ones, but they are too light in colour for me. The texture and coverage of the Asian ones are vastly different to this. My BB of choice is Garnier matte in Medium. It is superior to this.