Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB, Light/Medium

3.3

on 8/4/2016 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Made me break out like crazy. Didn't like the finish either. Too shiny and didn't last for long on the skin, just melted away. My skin is acne-prone with oily t-zone.

on 7/19/2016 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this product a lot. I expected more positive reviews. It works for me. I don't like a heavy foundation on my skin and this does the trick - light, sheer, natural coverage and evens out my skin tone. It feels light and absorbs well into my skin. I apply it with a damp sponge, but also in a pinch have used clean fingers and it's totally fine. I like the medium-light shade. I find the color very forgiving - if I am a bit paler or a bit tanner, it still works. I read that they have recently reformulated this product slightly - I don't know how that will change things. I'll amend my review if and when I purchase the reformulated product. I hope it's not too different from the original!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Maybelline says:
The 1-step wonder for a good skin day, everyday.
Packed with 8 great skin benefits for instant skin perfection

• Enhances
• Protects with SPF 30
• 0% oils and heavy ingredients

For Best Results
Apply smoothly and evenly to your face and blend with your fingertips.

Me:
sensitive skin with very mild Rosacea (redness on cheeks and nose)
very sensitive to fragrances in make up / face products
dry/combo skin
NC10 during Winter, NC15 during Summer (mainly because I have freckles and some hyperpigmentation).

I got a sample of this BB cream last week and I could wear it 4 days in a row. I bought a full size this morning (normally € 9,99, but it was a buy 1 + get 1 for free) and that pulled the trigger for me. I only tried 2 others BB creams in the past; Misha and Catrice. Unfortunatelijk Catrice disc. their BB cream so I had to keep on searching.

Pro
* easy to apply, I use my fingers and then dab with my BB.
* 30 SPF
* the tube was sealed, I like that (not all make up in Holland is sealed)
* Price is okay, all though I will rather wait till its on sale again
* NO FRAGRANCE, that was the biggest reason for me to try αnd buy it.
* I'm a NC15 during Summer and the light shade is perfect, hope I will be able to wear it during Winters too.

Cons
* only 2 shades available in Holland.

on 11/20/2014 9:09:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

As I am very fair skinned I got this in the lightest shade possible, and it was great for about an hour. This oxidized on me something terrible.

on 9/29/2014 7:13:00 PM

For some odd reason when I wear a traditional foundation, my skin looks horrible. I have a lot of redness. And when I find a foundation to cover the redness, the rest of my skin looks like crap. So I've given up on foundation. I keep coming back to this BB cream after trying countless foundations, etc. It's just a plain water-based tinted moisturizer with SPF. Nothing special. It has enough pigment (light/medium) to tone down my redness, but doesn't make my 50+ year old skin look like crap. It doesn't break me out, cause excess oiliness, or oxidize my face into oompa loompa land.

I apply this all over my face, then apply a light second layer on my super-rosy cheeks (this is a light, but buildable coverage BB cream). Boom. Done. I'm learning as I get older that the simplest of solutions are usually the best. No need for powder, no need to use concealer. Sometimes no need for blush. I like simple.

on 5/12/2014 9:59:00 AM

Even though I am almost 52 YO my skin still produces a lot of oil. I find that most other brands of a BB or CC cream claim to be moisturizing and are geared toward those with drier skin. This one is perfect for my skin. It does not give a lot of coverage, but I don't need a lot of coverage just a sheer coat. It seems to last all day and goes on very easily. I will buy again.

on 8/2/2013 11:23:00 AM

Yuck! Made my face a greasy mess. After 2 hours, this product melted and smeared. Butter wouldn't have felt as oily as this--and I don't have oily skin to begin with. Not for me.

on 5/25/2013 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I wasn't sure at first what a BB cream was. Is it a moisturizer/primer, is it foundation, is it a step between primer and foundation? I am still not quite certain so I suppose you can use this either way. As a foundation it has a tint of color so it does give a tiny bit of coverage and blurs imperfections somewhat. I used this a lot that way and did not use a regular foundation over it. It worked great in giving my skin and evened out tone and looked natural and fresh on. I actually liked this for a natural I'm born with it look. I also used this between primer and foundation and liked it that way too and it did not look caked on or layered when I used foundation over this, but that seemed like an unnecessary step and too much overkill on product. I ran out of this about a month ago and just can't justify a need to repurchase unless I plan to use this instead of foundation for a summer makeup. Which I might do. It is great for a light natural summer look. It does not really give coverage so if you have problem areas, this is not going to really conceal anything. I have great skin and can get by without wearing any foundation at all, but it does even out my tone and gets rid of the reddish tone bare skin can sometimes get.

on 2/15/2013 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Wow. This stuff is better than my previous favorite tinted moisturizer with sunscreen from Cover Girl. The tone is perfect, conceals minor unevenness without being cakey or heavy, and does NOT break me out.
If I have a blemish, I can dot a bit of concealer on it, dust everything with my Rimmel oil control powder, and I'm good to go.
I don't notice this settling in fine lines like most heavier foundations I've used.
Have been through three tubes and will continue to buy!

on 1/10/2013 7:11:00 PM

I have combination skin with a tendency to get pretty oily on my T-zone. I usually wear Bare Minerals and wanted to try a BB cream. This sets very quickly and can be difficult to blend. It feels a little heavy to me but I'm so used to the feeling of no make-up with Bare Minerals that maybe I'm a little sensitive. I like that it adds a little extra coverage and evens out my color; I think it brightens my complexion some and it hasn't made my skin oily during the day (surprise!). I will probably try another BB cream next time but I'm not disappointed with this one.