Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream
Maybelline Dream Fresh BB, Light/Medium

3.9

on 10/13/2017 9:24:00 AM

i'M USING THIS UNDER milani Conceal & perfect fondation which after updating their shades is the best foundation out there.....

BEST BB CREAM OUT THERE. If you are NC 15, you will be able to wear this in light/med as it's a perfect match but I sometimes mix the medium with it to add a little more color. It's sheer, but you can layer it and get coverage. I wait til it sets a little and put a little dusting of physicians formula speckled talc free powder in transluscent over top and then a little bit of the same powder in Buff beige for a little added color. I was going to try a Maybelline foundation on top, but maybe I won't! This really can be used as a light foundation. i have a few spots I have to use concealer on, but this is SO NICE! Doesn't settle into pores. NEVER cakey...accepts powder well and it lasts! This lasted me longer than most foundations! Likely because I powdered it a little but it looked wonderful. On the first day I wore it, as the day went on....it looked better.....a little glowy...not greasy....but natural. It melts into your skin and doesn't sit on the top like foundation....I think this might be why it lasted so long..Not sure if you were outside sweating what would happen, but I REALLY REALLY love this...thanks Wayne Goss! It's not greasy, gives a subtle glow and is just heaven....I'm super sensitive and doesnt break me out. And it was dirt cheap....like $6.50!!! Feels like nothing on....and unlike most BB creams, it's not orange! I have even gotten away with using the Medium alone....and I layered it.....it never turned orange and to me, it gave me a subtle healthy glow but the color was so pretty...maybe because of the powder combo I used. I am super combo skin and this "feels" good on....it feels moisturizing when you put it on but it does set beautifully. I use my fingers. I think if you used a brush, this would be streaky....you want to rub this in....probably my most favorite thing I've ever tried! And it's cheap! and you can find it everywhere!

This makes a great primer for other Maybelline foundations. The color selection is poor & the shade I use is definitely off if I were to wear it alone, but with a foundation over top-it looks great.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Over the years, I've been disappointed to see my go-to TMs with physical sunscreen discontinued time and time again, or the formulas changed to add chemical sunscreens I can't use on my face. There aren't that many products like this, and the hunt for them has taken me all over the place: Sephora, Ulta, department stores, doctor's offices, specialty stores, even hair salons and sometimes only online. The drugstore has always been the dead zone.

So what a surprise to find a really good TM with physical sunscreen in the drugstore by MAYBELLINE! I read a new product review of Dream Fresh somewhere, where it was described as reformulated with better ingredients, and titanium dioxide as its only sunscreen. This is exciting news in my world, and I went out to get it right away. The cardboard display had a range of shades. I got the lightest shade, 100, for less than $10, and took home a great new BB cream. How nice to have a real drugstore option, easy to find *(see note below), easy on the budget! I really like this stuff. The color is just right for me, having enough "life" in it without skewing orange or peach. It is creamy but sheer, and polishes up my skin without masking it or covering it with sparkles. I have rosacea, and I like to just even out the redder portions. I'm not trying to look like airbrushed perfection, just like someone who naturally has nicer skin than I really have. And if I can get a little dewy/glowy thing going with it, all the better, as my 20s are long gone. I didn't realize how nice this was on me until a friend stopped in her tracks and kept complimenting my skin. I looked in the mirror (which of course I avoid like the plague) and thought, she's right. I'm having a "good" day, and it has to be the Maybelline BB cream, the only "different" thing. Using it regularly has not clogged my skin at all. If you have rosacea, or sensitive skin issues, or just want a sheer tint with gentle sunscreen, don't let the brand or price throw you. Give it a try! I hope it works for you, too.

*Update: I have to take away at LEAST a star. The initial product rollout had 5 or more shades, but searching (and I mean searching) for a second tube, I'm discovering that the standard acrylic store display only stocks the middle three shades. It's as if those other shades no longer exist! What a shame for those of us of on either end of the spectrum. To me, the advantages of buying a mass market brand like Maybelline (besides price) are easy availability and frequent turnover of product. I'm not about to order this online.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

My overall rating is a "3" but I would not repurchase. Like other previous reviewers, I find the coverage extremely sheer and it has a very shiny finish. This looks either glowy or greasy in pictures depending on the weather and humidity. I like a glowy finish but in one picture that I'm wearing this in, I look like a greaseball. What I really disliked about this is that I got one of the worst sunburns wearing this up in the mountains hiking instead of my SPF lotion. SPF30? I think not. I had this on for a 2 hr hike and got terribly burned. Do not trust the SPF on this. I'd say this has about as much coverage as a tinted moisturizer, not a BB cream.
I have the Medium Sheer Tint and am an NC30/C3.

on 8/4/2016 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Made me break out like crazy. Didn't like the finish either. Too shiny and didn't last for long on the skin, just melted away. My skin is acne-prone with oily t-zone.

on 7/22/2016 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Very sheer coverage, lightweight and easy to apply. Perfect for the "no makeup" look. Dont expect this bb cream to cover blemishes or scars, but it does a good job of evening out skin tone. As someone with freckles, I like how it smooths out my skin's appearance without looking heavy or cakey. Have repurchased.

on 7/19/2016 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this product a lot. I expected more positive reviews. It works for me. I don't like a heavy foundation on my skin and this does the trick - light, sheer, natural coverage and evens out my skin tone. It feels light and absorbs well into my skin. I apply it with a damp sponge, but also in a pinch have used clean fingers and it's totally fine. I like the medium-light shade. I find the color very forgiving - if I am a bit paler or a bit tanner, it still works. I read that they have recently reformulated this product slightly - I don't know how that will change things. I'll amend my review if and when I purchase the reformulated product. I hope it's not too different from the original!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This bb cream gives a nice glow and it's not thick like a foundation. It covers the redness and blemishes. I have a mature skin and not a perfect texture but I don't to use foundation to the beach, gym or even the supermarket. I need something light and for a drugstore BB cream. This is good. I think it's the base/primer is important. Something moisturising like niveau face balm. Sometimes I use nyx face glow or dior face glow to give an extra glow to my dry skin. When I bought it was because of kathleen light and I tried and I like. Of course I use concealer on top usually on a daily basis maybelline fitme concealer.
Full coverage of course a foundation is better than leaving my skin bare as I feel naked without makeup so this is a good alternative! I wear something but light!

on 9/5/2015 9:03:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

Love it. I'm probably on my 4th tube. My skin tends to be on the dry side. I can see how this doesn't work on girls prone to oily skin. I never use a moisturizer under this, as it is so hydrating without one. Love it. Changes my skin. I'm 49, and people never believe I'm over 35. (I use a lot of other skin products too, tho. Lol)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Maybelline says:
The 1-step wonder for a good skin day, everyday.
Packed with 8 great skin benefits for instant skin perfection

Enhances
Protects with SPF 30
0% oils and heavy ingredients

For Best Results
Apply smoothly and evenly to your face and blend with your fingertips.

Me:
sensitive skin with very mild Rosacea (redness on cheeks and nose)
very sensitive to fragrances in make up / face products
dry/combo skin
NC10 during Winter, NC15 during Summer (mainly because I have freckles and some hyperpigmentation).

I got a sample of this BB cream last week and I could wear it 4 days in a row. I bought a full size this morning (normally 9,99, but it was a buy 1 + get 1 for free) and that pulled the trigger for me. I only tried 2 others BB creams in the past; Misha and Catrice. Unfortunatelijk Catrice disc. their BB cream so I had to keep on searching.

Pro
* easy to apply, I use my fingers and then dab with my BB.
* 30 SPF
* the tube was sealed, I like that (not all make up in Holland is sealed)
* Price is okay, all though I will rather wait till its on sale again
* NO FRAGRANCE, that was the biggest reason for me to try nd buy it.
* I'm a NC15 during Summer and the light shade is perfect, hope I will be able to wear it during Winters too.

Cons
* only 2 shades available in Holland.