Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream
Maybelline Dream Fresh BB, Light/Medium

3.6

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I have larger pores and fine lines, with occasional dry patches. For these reasons, sheer, American BB creams have been useless because most formulations consist of pigment suspended in silicone which just seems to deposit the pigments on my face's texture imperfections. I've been forced to use full coverage Asian BB creams and spend extra time blending and sheering them out. For *whatever* reason, this product is unlike any other sheer/tinted moisturizer I've tried, it works so well! Sometimes I really don't want to look like I have foundation on, and yes, this is *sheer* and doesn't cover eveything. It just provides spf and an overall more healthy look. But it never deposits anything where it shouldn't, which makes it a great formula if you have similar skin concerns. It is not mattifying for oily skin, but does not promote oiliness either. Blotting or powdering occasionally is still necessary, but I am very oily regardless.

on 5/29/2016 1:42:00 PM

There's only really one word for this bb cream...OK
The light shade for my cool very fair skin is OK not perfect but I've had worse. The coverage is lighter than I expected and even layering it its light cover. Staying power is not bad but then I used it over a dry touch sunscreen. I went for this because of its SPF so I could easily put on more during the sunny days and as that its OK. Bottom line there's worse out there and this will certainly do its job for now but not a keeper.

Bought as a lighter beach day BB. The coverage is enough for me, but I find I have to use powder and touch up throughout the day or my face is really oily. I think next time I'll go with dry touch sun block and mineral makeup. Not too big of a fan of this. There is a lot better on the market.

on 2/27/2015 12:25:00 AM

I'm lucky to have really good skin, this is very nice light coverage and has some sunscreen in it. I use this with a light dusting of powder and it gives me a flawless but natural look. not for someone looking for full coverage.

on 1/11/2015 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I like this product it looks very use full

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a lightweight BB cream that adds some tint and mattification and also has a titanium oxide based sunscreen in it. I like it. It's a decent match to my skin tone, which is a warm fair and can be hard to match. It adds just enough coverage that I feel I can get away with not using foundation. It adds enough matte that I could probably go without powder too, if not for the fact that I live in a humid environment. As it is, I usually only wind up needing to powder the T zone. What it doesn't add is much in the way of moisture. I like using this underneath a moist primer like Rimmel 02 (yes you read that right, underneath). That works out perfectly for me. Mileage will vary.

I'd like to say right out of the gate that if it was marketed as a tinted moisturizer, I would have given this product 4 stars. However, since they decided to market it as a BB Cream, I docked it one star for not living up to the connotations of its name.

This product has very light coverage, and is a lot thinner than I would expect a BB Cream to be. In fact, when applied with the fingers, the product has almost no coverage; it's very sheer. I can, however, get the coverage a bit higher when I apply it with a brush (I use the Real Techniques buffing brush). Using this application technique, I really, really like the product.

When applied with a brush, the product diminishes the appearance of acne spots to some extent (though by no means entirely, not that I would expect it to. I need to apply concealer to cover blemishes.)

One of the main downfalls of this product is the smell. It doesn't last, but while applying, it's strong and very chemical-y.

I can't attest to the "8 benefits", really, because, truth be told, I didn't buy the product because of them. I just wanted a light-coverage makeup base, and that's exactly what I got.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

This is my first BB Cream.

I'll admit buying my first BB Cream at a drugstore wasn't a great idea, but this works out decently. I should have been a Light/Medium, but they were out of that color, so I had to buy the Medium, which actually adapted to my skin color. It does not make me look orange or cakey and keeps my skin looking healthy. I had to take a point off for packaging because the product leaks out as soon as I open the bottle. Also, the cream takes forever to blend as it is very thick and creamy.

on 9/21/2013 1:40:00 PM

I just decided recently, since I am aging, that I should start wearing makeup. I have tried at least 50 types of foundations, primers, powers, mineral foundations. I found this to be the best. It feels light and doesn't make my face feel caked. I get the most compliments when wearing this. It's makes my face glow, people don't even know in wearing makeup.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's just okay - nothing great, but not bad either. It does blur imperfections and even skin tone. The SPF is the most attractive feature for me. However, it does oxidize in a couple of hours and made my face shiny. Would I repurchase? Yes, if my budget is tight.