Maybelline New York Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB, Light/Medium

2.8

on 1/17/2017 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Love this bb cream. The only downside is that it doesn't have a big range of color selection but that's true for most other bb creams too. I wear medium/deep but I might get medium and mix with the medium deep to make it more close to my tone (nc42).
I haven't come across many other bb cream with spf 30 so that's a major reason why I love this one. It's very sheer and doesn't really provide much coverage at all but I put on my Mac mineralized skin powder on top to give a little coverage. I don't like wearing too much coverage for daytime so it's great for me. My skin is acne prone and oily in some parts while dry on other. I will probably stick with this bb cream. Can't justify spending $$$ for high end bb cream and out of all the drugstore ones, this one seems to be the best for me. Will re purchase for sure

on 7/30/2015 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

This BB cream and my skin got along like oil and water... LITERALLY! I applied this over a primer and under powder and a couple hours later it completely separated on my face and faded off in patches. It was awful! I'm sure it'll work for some people but for my oily'ish skin - not at all. I ran home and couldn't wait to wash my make up off. I usually give my new, unwanted foundations away but I feel bad. I might as well say "here, have some s#*t for your face". I never thought I'd be one of "those people" that recommend spending a bit extra for a good, flawlessly enhanced complexion. Back to my ol' faithful Nars.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I wouldn't recommend this bb cream, when you put it on, leaves streaky residues that actually falls off like it's fake skin (best description I got) doesn't blend well at all. I tried with sponge, fingers and brush still does the same thing.

on 9/12/2013 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This was my first foray into BB creams and I haven't been disappointed. I have tried applying with a foundation brush and with my fingers, and have found using just my fingers best. Unlike the Clinique and Elizabeth Arden tinted moisturisers I used previously that seemed to sit on top of my skin, and got quite itchy after a few hours, this seems to melt right in.

I bought the "Apricot - Universal" shade of this BB cream while traveling in Germany. I was skeptical the bright orange "universal" shade would suit my tan skin, but it blended in fantastically, neutralising redness and blurring any blemishes. For reference, I am a MAC NW40-NW45 depending on how much sun I've seen. :)

It is quite a light coverage, so if you're looking at hiding spots or marks, you may need to layer with other products such as a concealer. I don't consider this an alternative to a proper liquid foundation - but it's perfect for me for every day use as I don't like wearing a lot of makeup.

Pros:
- Price (I think it was less than 10 Euros)
- SPF30
- Light coverage, "no makeup" look
- 8 in 1 product is great for travel
Cons
- The tube can be a bit messy to dispense from
- Break through shine by end of the day (usually I just blot, or if I'm going out, cleanse and re-apply)

on 2/4/2013 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I first heard about BB Creams about five years ago, way before they became the product du jour here in the States. Unfortunately, the only ones that were available back then were made by Asian cosmetic companies that basically had two shades: very light and light. I did foolishly buy one on eBay back then. The product itself was great but it didn't match my skin tone by a long shot so I chucked it. Flash forward to 2012 and finally, the United States has jumped on the BB bandwagon. Geez, we're slow!

I was a bit hesitant to try Dream Fresh because most of the reviews I read said that the product is basically just a tinted moisturizer and isn't at all like a "true" BB cream. Having tried a "true" BB cream, I'll agree with that assessment, however, I think this product is actually a step above a tinted moisturizer. I have never found a tinted moisturizer that did anything except leave a thin film of....something on my face. This actually does a bit more. While you're not going to get exceptional coverage from this product alone, it will liven up your face and cover up enough to make you presentable. It's certainly not going to replace your regular foundation and I probably wouldn't wear it on a date or a job interview, but it's an easy product to swipe on just to go to the grocery store or gas station.

To be perfectly honest, I can find no downside to this product. It is fairly cheap (I think I got it for $5 at the grocery store), easy to match and easy to use. I haven't experienced any breakouts while using it and I have even fallen asleep with it on. As I said, I wouldn't recommend this to someone who has major skin problems or who is looking to replace their foundation - this will not do that. If you're looking for something light and sort of an "off day" makeup alternative, this is your best bet.

on 1/21/2013 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

After spending $8.00 on this cream after seeing it in Cosmo I couldn't wait to go home and try it out. Alas, my excitement quickly waned when after applying it I found the coverage to be very sheer and I didn't see any of the skin improvements mentioned in the ad. I am extremely disappointed and will not be purchasing this product again.

on 1/12/2013 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Evened out my skin tone and this drug store brand has a nice array of colors from the lightest to darkest skin tones. I did get oily after a few hours. Did not settle in lines. I chose the med/dark and it matched well since my face is lighter than my body it is dark for my face but makes it match the rest of my body

on 1/12/2013 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love the packaging the the formula is too greasy to me. It also smell weird too.

on 8/2/2012 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I paid $8 for this so the price is relatively cheap for a BB cream, since the Garnier version is around $15. I use shade medium deep for my NC 35 tanned asian skin. The medium deep is a warm yellow-toned color which is a great color match if you are in that range of tones because it blends really well. I have normal combination skin but I have to be careful applying this because it easily makes my skin look oily. I don't mind the dewey look but other people commented that I have oily skin when I wear this. I use this like a tinted moisturizer and rub a dime size amount between my fingers before applying it lightly with the ends of my fingers on my face (just like I were applying a lotion). The lasting power is great and lasts me until the evening.

This has medium coverage which I love because I can skip concealer and this fixes skin discoloration around my nose and eyes. As others have said, this feels more like a tinted moisturizer than a bb cream. I suspect this may be clogging my pores though because I have developed tiny bumps since using this. In summary, this is easy and quick to apply for days when you do not have time to spare for makeup application. However, this does not replace regular cream/liquid foundation for me because of the oily finish.