Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream

3.3

on 7/7/2017 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I am baffled by this product's positive reviews. This bb cream makes me feel like my skin is drowning. It's a thick, greasy mess that is many shades too dark for my fair skin. It was so orange and sat very heavily on my skin, leaving it feeling oily and looking so shiny you'd think I just ran a 5k.

So if you're going for the Oompa Loompa post gym look, you'll love this. Otherwise, save your money.

I am very happy with this product! It is sheer on me, but that is ok. It blurs imperfections, and doesn't really feel like I have any makeup on. I was using Femme Couture CC cream from Sally's, but that stuff was very heavy and never really dried.. just kind of sat greasy on my face. So I am happy to have a new product. I have it in Medium, which is just a tad too light for me in Summer, but that's not the products fault! I will definitely rebuy this even though there isn't much in the tube.. why only one oz? Why are bb and cc creams so $$?

on 4/18/2017 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Did some research on BB creams since I wanted something light for hot summer days with SPF in it. The reviews for this seemed pretty well so I bought it to try. I've only used it 3 times already and it looks like it's making me break out. I like that it's super light and did an ok job evening out my skin tone. I do have acne prone/combination skin and this doesn't seem to fit for me. Will not be using anymore. Back to the drawing board lol.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is great for hot weather or those no-fuss days where you want to look fresh and put together, but natural and without putting forth too much effort. If you like a lot of coverage though, you might not be satisfied with this, because it is sheer coverage and isn't really that buildable.

on 1/17/2017 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Love this bb cream. The only downside is that it doesn't have a big range of color selection but that's true for most other bb creams too. I wear medium/deep but I might get medium and mix with the medium deep to make it more close to my tone (nc42).
I haven't come across many other bb cream with spf 30 so that's a major reason why I love this one. It's very sheer and doesn't really provide much coverage at all but I put on my Mac mineralized skin powder on top to give a little coverage. I don't like wearing too much coverage for daytime so it's great for me. My skin is acne prone and oily in some parts while dry on other. I will probably stick with this bb cream. Can't justify spending $$$ for high end bb cream and out of all the drugstore ones, this one seems to be the best for me. Will re purchase for sure

on 8/19/2016 3:45:00 PM

I absolutely love this cream! The color is accurate to what it looks like on the label. A little bit goes a long way and it is great for smoothing out uneven skin tone and hiding large porse. I find that it dries well and doesn't feel heavy or cakey, even if you accidentally use too much. It stays on well, even after a hot sweaty summer day and some time in the pool. I would highly recommend this product, especially for the price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Maybelline, for the love of God, why did you reformulate this?
Dream Fresh BB used to be a nice, moisturizing, medium coverage cream that made my skin dewy and lasted for a solid 4 hours (without powder). It gave me sun protection and was my go to for running out the door, surpassing all other bob creams I tried.
A few weeks ago, I went to go pick up ol' reliable and saw written on the tube "NEW IMPROVED FORMULA." Despite the gnawing warning in my gut, I picked it up anyway and proceeded to check out.
Oh Maybelline, what have you done? The new gel like formula looks like pink sweat, and allowed me to get a sunburn. Zero coverage and the consistency is now like glue, except without the staying power. I wouldn't be surprised if they watered the old formula down with pink elmers glue.
Do not buy. It's not worth the 7 bucks.

on 7/30/2016 10:25:00 PM

I used this product until I found the Skin79 Pink BB and Bourjois Healthy Mix serum. Now, I find that this product oxidizes orange and doesn't sit very well on my skin. It always stays tacky to the touch, and it looks sweaty on the skin -- not luminous. Also, when I try smoothing it over my sensitive skin, it makes my skin burn/tingle slightly. It does help cut down with redness, but I think the other products I mentioned above do a better job.

PROS:
- light weight
- moisturizes
- not shiney
- skin breaths
- good color
- looks natural
- sheer

CONS:
- causes breakouts

Great for an everyday BB cream but causes breakouts, I'll probably try their CC cream for oily skin. A bit too sheer if you want full coverage.

Great over the counter BB Cream. I've been using for a few months now and this has given my skin a nice overall glow. I apply with a moistened beauty blender and the coverage is medium. Nice variety of different shades too.