Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Cream

3.2

on 12/3/2017 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Before writing a review I have to explain my special skin condition:
It's been about two years that I'm suffering from a very annoying problem with foundations.foundations don't sit well on my skin.they don't also blend well
I don't know how to explain how bad they look on my skin.it's not just about my dry patches or some foundations cakey look.
I've tried tozens of different foundations and primers and mosturizers and BB and CC creams.I've tried to apply them with different brushes,sponges and my finger tips but nothing worked.same problem with concealers,even tinted mosturizers.the only thing that seemed better than other options was this:
First,Washing my skin with my skin cleansing device (it's brush lightly exfoliates my skin and helps me to get rid off dead skin cells) and a creamy cleanser.then I use Atoderm Bioderma cream to hydrate and soften my dry skin and I usually mix it with two pumps of caudalie devine oil.then I apply my BB or CC cream.I pour few drops og my caudalie oil on a brush and then I use it to blend my cream..even after going through this process my skin problem is still there,just less sever.there are still some dry residues sitting on my cheeks,around mouth,on my forhead and nose.I can't even think of wearing a heavy foundation or wearing even a sheer BB cream without applying rich softening creams and oil
Now about maybelline dream fresh BB cream:
Maybelline is an almost popular makeup brand in my country but I didn't know about this BB cream.I read about it here,in makeupalley.I was ecxited to see numerous reviews claiming that it's sheer,good for dry skins and has a dewy finish
After searching couple of malls and makeup stores and websites,I finally found it online.light-medium was the only available shade and it was 9$
When I recieved it I applied some on my cheek.I didn't use oil or even moisturizer because I just wanted to test it's color on my skin
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it blended nicely with my skin.it didn't clinge to my dry patches and didn't left any chalky residue.after two years I could wear a tinted cream and look at the mirror with a smile.actually it sits so well on my skin that it's difficult to recognize I'm wearing makeup!
It's not oily at all.doesn't make my skin look greasy.it's sheer and moisturizes my skin,but I have more runny and more sheer bb creams which don't sit well on my skin.it doesn't have a real dewy or wet finish on me.not a matte one either.it has a beautiful glow which doesn't left as it dries down
I was so happy to find a BB cream that sits well on my skin that I didn't think ahout it's cons.maybelline dream fresh bb cream has almost no coverage! from a scale of 0-10(consider 0 as untinted moisturizer)this BB cream's coverage is 1! It doesn't cover my imprrfections,even tiny ones.also it's color is exactly like my natural skin color.I'm happy that it doesn't have irange undertone like some other bb creams but I prefered it to be slightly lighter.when I apply it on half of my face,it's deficult to recognize it's difference with my bare skin.the only difference is lumineous look it gives to my skin,as if I've blended a drop of highlighter with an untinded mostirizer
I'm still happy to find this little gem.I'm going to apply more to see wheter I can build up it's coverage or not and if not,I'm going to buy maybelline concealer to cover spots on my skin.I hope that concealer blend well with it
For now I'll give it four lipsticks but it can easily improve to five.
Eventhough there's almost no coverage I love it

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I used this before i started wearing foundation and its so good for people who are just starting makeup. Its obviously a sheer coverage which just evens skin tones and hides imperfections. It has a very lightweight feeling and looks natural and dewy when blended out. The only problem with this is the shade range, the lighter ones can look too orange.

on 3/4/2017 4:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Never ever. This is how I imagined my worst nightmare. I used a few of a bb creams, vichy, LA Roche, Garnier, and yesterday I bought this one and wore it for 5 hours.
This morning my face looks like I have serious sunburns, its itchy, and generally really hurts!!!
I can't believe this happend to me. I thought this cream is all about hydration. I am pregnant so i am pissed at myself for putting something so harmful on my skin.
Maybelline - never ever!!!

Please be warned that this can happened to you too.

I really like this BB. Some BBs are too thick and/or oily, especially if they have the level of SPF that dermatologists actually say you should have, which is thirty. This is sheer coverage that absorbs quickly while it offers protection, perfect for when you want to look more even, yet not too "made up." It doesn't run orangey like a lot of "medium" shades. After removing the seal, a little bit of product was dried at the tip, so when I squeezed it, a little more than I wanted exploded out from the pressure. I'll stick a tooth pick in there first next time.

on 12/9/2016 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I bought this as an easy to wear "foundation" for work. In the winter I don't want my skincare to be fussy. I want my skin to stay hydrated and for it to be protected from the sun. (I remember this when it came out 3 or 4 years ago but never tried it) I bought the shade 110 Light/Medium and it is fairly accurate to my skin tone. I don't believe this particular shade has a pink undertone as some other reviewers have said, I am a NC30 and this product hides any redness I have in the mornings, usually on my chin and on the sides of my nose.

There's no scent, not even a sunscreen scent, the product is fairly thick considering it's a BB and it doesn't feel oily like some foundations or BBs with SPF can be. Alone, it does what it says it is, a sheer tint. It is not full coverage, I wouldn't even say it's a "your skin but better" type product. It's a tinted moisturizer that hides any overt flaws when paired with a settling powder.

I like it, I would probably keep a tube on hand for days that I don't want to wear foundation.

I can't stand this stuff. It smells a little bit funny and oxidized almost immediately on my face. My skin was completely oily within a half hour. I broke out every time I used any. The price made this cream sound like a good deal, but it wasn't worth it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really loved this bb cream! EXCEPT it broke me out , which was really unfortunate because I really like the coverage. This is very lightweight and covers redness very well. It would work for someone who already has nice skin as I don't think it would be enough coverage to cover any blemishes. I like that it has spf in it and doesn't make my face oily. I would continue to use this if it didn't break me out, but it does. I ended up buying the version with the salicilyc acid in it, but it still broke me out. If you aren't acne prone this would work really well if you are looking for something light and natural!

I am not a huge fan of foundation, so I typically just do BB cream and concealers, maybe with a light touch of powder every now and then. Typically this has worked well for my warm toned fair skin, but not with this one. I know some people said there is no coverage and it's just an okay moisturizer, but I think there is coverage (albeit very light such) and the shade comes out a little 'off' for my skin tone. It does cover up those little blemishes my skin has but the tone is just off, and I've tried looking at my skin throughout the day in various lighting scenarios, and even though it is not like I've painted myself orange or brown, it still just doesn't work that well for me. Decent moisturizer, though, and very much love the high SPF of 30.

on 6/4/2016 2:55:00 PM

I purchased it for spf protection. It was a decent mituruzer, but it didnt help even out my skintone. It provided light coverage and it didnt leyer well.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is what I was looking for! I wanted a lightweight BB cream that still had good coverage and made my skin look healthy. I have combo/oily skin but lately my skin has looked so cakey with a regular full coverage foundation and powder. I recently bought the Cargo HD powder which has pretty good coverage so I wanted something lighter underneath than my current foundations. This stuff is perfect. I was actually expecting the coverage to be much lighter than it was actually was, but it actually covered my imperfections well with just one coat. It was also not watery and felt smooth on my skin. I don't have much acne or anything, I mainly just looking for something to even my skin tone and help conceal redness/pores. I still use concealer for under my eyes and on any major redness.. but this is working great used with my Cargo powder.
I will say I got the color Light/Medium and it is perfect right now because I am self tanning. I was worried it would be a tad too light but it isn't. Also, not sure if the formulation has changed recently - because my bottle says "New & Better".