SHISEIDO Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector for Face SPF 42 PA+++

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
SHISEIDO Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector for Face SPF 42 PA+++

4.5

OCTINOXATE 7.4% Sunscreen OCTOCRYLENE 3.0% Sunscreen ZINC OXIDE 8.6% Sunscreen WATER • DIMETHICONE • ISODODECANE • SD ALpCOHOL 40-B • DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL • ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE • GLYCERIN • POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE • VINYL DIMETHICONE/METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER • POLYBUTYLENE GLYCOL/PPG-9/1 COPOLYMER • DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER • XYLITOL • METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER • THIOTAURINE • SCUTELLARIA BAICALENSIS ROOT EXTRACT • PAEONIA ALBIFLORA ROOT EXTRACT • ONONIS SPINOSA ROOT EXTRACT • ECTOIN • LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE • TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE • BUTYLENE GLYCOL • DISODIUM EDTA • DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE • BHT • SYZYGIUM JAMBOS LEAF EXTRACT • TOCOPHEROL • PHENOXYETHANOL • BENZOIC ACID • FRAGRANCE • MICA • TITANIUM DIOXIDE •

on 6/7/2017 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my first ever 5 star review because this sunscreen is that good of a product. It dissapears into your skin leaving a slightly tacky but smooth matte finish. The oil control aspect is better than the majority of the product that was marketed as oil control moisturizer/primer. Add a drop of foundation/bronzer if the white cast is bothering you. I use it as my primer as well, or mix it with a pump of foundation in there for a bit coverage. Makes my foundation last all day. Keeps the oil slick looking fresh and matte all day. Doesn't smell like sunscreen!!!!!

May not be great on dehydrated skin as it does cling a bit to dry skin so you gotta moisturize real nice like you should. If you don't need oil control then any other sunscreen is as good. If dry skin but likes matte finish i suggest La Roche Posay's mineral primer spf 50.

I work in cosmetics and have never been so happy with a product. Price is steep but worth every penny.

on 7/8/2016 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I love the packaging because it is easy to travel with. It absorbs quickly to the skin and it really does protect my face from the sun.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

BIORE MAKES A BETTER PRODUCT. I bought this after doing a lot of research on here + Sephora, and finally bought it. Disappointment. Biore's Face Milk is a much better version of this. This is basically a thin, liquid sunscreen. Compared to the Biore, this is harder to blend b/c of it's high water content (more rubbing), and is less mattifying. Biore's product has a chock full of silicones, which has made it my one and only HG product I've found so far. Already returned it.

on 6/11/2014 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This sunscreen is great for oily skin but full of alcohol... Matte powdery finish, no greasy finish at all. It leaves a bit of a white cast but it's ok with makeup on. Consistency is very watery so a bit difficult to know how much you put on, i mean 1/4 teaspoon of this is definitely not enough. Not sure i will repurchase as it is quite expensive for a tiny tube that shouldn't last you more than 3 weeks if you apply a good quantity.

on 9/9/2013 2:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

By far the best sunscreen I've ever used. This sunscreen helps my face get less oily during the day and doesn't make my face look pale or white which a lot of other sunscreens make me look. This sunscreen also makes a great primer. I hate how expensive it is but honestly worth it so I will keep buying it

on 3/31/2013 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great sunscreen for summer time use. It is very light, non-greasy, and absorbs very well so you can re-apply it during the day as needed.

on 11/24/2012 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

LOVE THIS STUFF.

I have oily, sensitive skin, and this has been my favorite sunscreen so far. The finish is perfect - not too matte and not too shiny/sticky. No white cast. No breakouts. I can leave the house just like that, or I can wait a couple of minutes and apply makeup right over it with no problems. I tend to sweat more than the average person... and found that the sun protection was long-lasting and not even affected by that.

Only downside is the size of the bottle! I wish it came in the bigger size (like Shiseido's blue bottle sunscreen). I've gone through several bottles now, and will keep using it as long as they make it!

Price-wise, I wish it was priced the same as their other sunscreen... I think it was $30 for a 1oz bottle. Kind of pricey. But for what it does, I'll gladly pay the $30. The bottle lasts a surprisingly long time, considering the size. You can't really see through the bottle though, so I always make sure to have a backup on hand in case I run out.

on 8/25/2012 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I tried a sample of this I received from the counter over holiday. I usually use the other SS [in the blue bottle] but thought it'd be good to try out. The texture is a bit thick and not as easily spreadable as the other SS but feels okay on the skin. It can be quite heavy feeling. But I did not receive any breakouts. It went well underneath my makeup. I do think I have to spend extra time to remove it as I still feel the SS when I wash [I double cleanse anyway but just a heads up].

I might buy this during the Sephora F&F because it's quite pricey.