SHISEIDO Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector for Face SPF 42 PA+++

Filtered by hair type : Relaxed
SHISEIDO Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector for Face SPF 42 PA+++

OCTINOXATE 7.4% Sunscreen OCTOCRYLENE 3.0% Sunscreen ZINC OXIDE 8.6% Sunscreen WATER • DIMETHICONE • ISODODECANE • SD ALpCOHOL 40-B • DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL • ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE • GLYCERIN • POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE • VINYL DIMETHICONE/METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER • POLYBUTYLENE GLYCOL/PPG-9/1 COPOLYMER • DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER • XYLITOL • METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER • THIOTAURINE • SCUTELLARIA BAICALENSIS ROOT EXTRACT • PAEONIA ALBIFLORA ROOT EXTRACT • ONONIS SPINOSA ROOT EXTRACT • ECTOIN • LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE • TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE • BUTYLENE GLYCOL • DISODIUM EDTA • DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE • BHT • SYZYGIUM JAMBOS LEAF EXTRACT • TOCOPHEROL • PHENOXYETHANOL • BENZOIC ACID • FRAGRANCE • MICA • TITANIUM DIOXIDE •

on 7/8/2016 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I love the packaging because it is easy to travel with. It absorbs quickly to the skin and it really does protect my face from the sun.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

My sister got this from the US since it's not available in Asia (I think the Asia version is the multi defense?), it's very small. Only 30 mL/1fl.oz compared to the perfect UV protector, but then again, this is for face only while the perfect UV is for face&body.

The fact that it doesn't have a PA rating (the newer version) kinda bothers me because I like to know how sunscreen products works to protect my skin from UVA.

The texture is similar to the perfect UV. Very runny and liquid-y. Smells flowery like other Shiseido products. I thought that it would almost be the same with the perfect UV since it has the same texture and smell. But after I applied it on my face, it's little bit different from what I expected.

(Note: this is based on 3 day testing on a part of my face for any allergic reactions)

First of all, it leaves a white cast. I used this for 3 days on my left jaw to test for allergic reactions and the rest of my face with the perfect UV protector and I can actually see the area which I apply this sunscreen! Maybe it's because the zinc oxide level is 12.5% and it reflects a lot of light, making the white cast.

Second, it's very, very drying. The perfect UV is drying at some point if I apply too much my oily skin will be dry and flaky. But this one, if I apply even at a small amount it will be very flaky and dry. I don't know it's only my skin (which is oily but sometimes flaky), or happen to other people.

Third, I experienced a few clogged pores on the testing area, not acne, but little colorless and painless bumps. Nothing major, but I'll admit it makes me a little bit worried to put this on my whole face (especially more sensitive cheek area). Some reviews said it's because of the ethylhexyl palmitate, but I can't say for sure.

What I like it's non greasy and it's easily spread, but for something similar and better performance, I will pick the perfect UV protector. Too bad this one doesn't live to my expectation because I see people raved about this :( maybe because the content is changed (more active ingredients)? so it tends to be more drying and leave a white cast?

Pick this one up if you have pale skin, oily skin, and less sensitive, and I'm sure you'll love this.