Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector for Face SPF 42 PA+++

Shiseido  Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector for Face SPF 42 PA+++

3.9

OCTINOXATE 7.4% Sunscreen OCTOCRYLENE 3.0% Sunscreen ZINC OXIDE 8.6% Sunscreen WATER • DIMETHICONE • ISODODECANE • SD ALpCOHOL 40-B • DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL • ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE • GLYCERIN • POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE • VINYL DIMETHICONE/METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER • POLYBUTYLENE GLYCOL/PPG-9/1 COPOLYMER • DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER • XYLITOL • METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER • THIOTAURINE • SCUTELLARIA BAICALENSIS ROOT EXTRACT • PAEONIA ALBIFLORA ROOT EXTRACT • ONONIS SPINOSA ROOT EXTRACT • ECTOIN • LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE • TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE • BUTYLENE GLYCOL • DISODIUM EDTA • DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE • BHT • SYZYGIUM JAMBOS LEAF EXTRACT • TOCOPHEROL • PHENOXYETHANOL • BENZOIC ACID • FRAGRANCE • MICA • TITANIUM DIOXIDE •

on 7/8/2016 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I love the packaging because it is easy to travel with. It absorbs quickly to the skin and it really does protect my face from the sun.

on 5/22/2016 11:18:00 AM

I bought this to replace my beloved CeraVe SPF that just continued to clog my pores.

The consistency for this is fantastic. It's almost runny. No extra oil or sheen.

I gave it 4 stars because there's really no additional skincare properties like other in the category. But, I do like this to do just what it is, provide sun protection.

To Read all 49 Reviews, Login or Join

See my review for the Shiseido Urban Environment Cream...

All I can say is WHITE FACE PAINT (and I am pale). I tried a sample of this after I used the thick cream version of this, and I hated it just as much.

I am sensitive to many face sunscreens but want good moisture so I had high hopes for this product. Unfortunately I was severely disappointed (how does this have such high reviews?)

It was runny in consistency, so I was shocked when I had trouble rubbing it in. Everywhere I put it was stark white and appeared to have a film over it. I tried to make it work, but rubbing it in further only gave me weird red and white splotches from touching my face and the product.

It didn't feel very moisturizing, and my it felt weird to put makeup on top of. I have dry/combination skin, but it did this all over my face.

I definitely will not purchase, and will stick to my garden variety Olay, which is worlds better than this. I am utterly disappointed.

on 9/27/2015 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

Liking this a lot so far. Been trying to find a replacement for the older version of MAC prep & prime spf 50. Eventually everything either else breaks me out or turns me into a greaseball by mid day. A week in, and this seems to be working well and does a good job keeping the oilies at bay.

Fingers crossed!

on 7/7/2015 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm pretty sure I had an allergic reaction to this product -- I'm not sure what caused it, but I would guess the fragrance. This product has a very strong powdery-floral fragrance, which I do not think belongs in a sunscreen (or any face product, really!), and as soon as I applied it, my face started to itch and burn, terribly. I washed it off immediately, popped a Benadryl, and spent the rest of the afternoon on the couch. I wouldn't describe my skin as sensitive at all, but apparently it really disagrees with perfumed products! I am returning this product to Sephora today. I'm having a devil of a time finding a good sunscreen for face, this is my third fail in four tries! :(

$32 at Sephora for 1 oz in a small plastic bottle with a screw-off cap.

on 4/29/2015 12:34:00 PM

My favorite sunscreen for many years was the Clarins UV Plus HP. The only downside to that one is that it offers no oil control. So I decided to give this Shiseido one to try since it is FINALLY available in Canada.

Like the Clarins, this sunscreen isn't greasy, doesn't dry up my skin or clog pores, and is good for sensitive skin. The formula is a very thin liquid and it doesn't have that typical sunscreen smell. It does have a little bit of a white cast when you apply it but goes away when you rub it in. It has silicones in it and it dries down completely matte so it works well as a base. It also dries pretty quickly. It does have better oil control compared to the Clarins one - I would be a complete greaseball after 8 hours with the Clarins, but with this Shiseido I can go pretty much all day. I have had sunscreens irritate the skin around my eyes in the past but this one does not do that.

The packaging is nice and small so its perfect for purses and travel. This costs 35$ CAD which at first glance is cheaper than the Clarins one (42$) however you only get 30 ml vs 50 ml so it is actually more expensive. I will probably try some other sunscreens from the Shiseido line but I would recommend and repurchase this particular one.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I adore this one. It's lightweight, liquid, easy to spread on, doesn't leave a white cast, it's not greasy, it's perfect primer and keeps my shine at bay for very long time, does not break me out, packaging is very practical. Would buy it again (if I run into it, because it seems that in Europe it's impossible to find).

on 4/12/2015 6:06:00 PM

I normally try to avoid wearing sunscreen even though I know it's important because I find sunscreen either breaks me out because it's too heavy (especially during the hot weather months when Im sweating etc) but also because I find most sunscreen makes my combination- oily t zone super oily and I feel gross out when my skin becomes oily and shiny. I have tried Clarins Day Screen Protection and it's pretty good. I have also tried Shesido older sunscreens in the light blue packaging ( It clogged my pores). I have been using this sunscreen under my Maybelline Matte & Poreless foundation and it's a great combination!

I finally found a sunscreen that is:
- lightweight
- does not break me out (I have very sensitive skin that prone to irritation and redness)
- non greasy
- good oil control/matifying
- does not leave a white cast/film on the face
- gives a smooth finish when applying foundation on top
- I wear it everyday (I no longer use a face primer)..as it acts as a sunscreen AND a makeup base (I don't need to layer so many products on my face).
- you have to get a sample and give this a try at your nearest sephora!
- packaging is good- does not create a mess.

CONS:
- lesser products than their sunscreen in the light blue bottle

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

BIORE MAKES A BETTER PRODUCT. I bought this after doing a lot of research on here + Sephora, and finally bought it. Disappointment. Biore's Face Milk is a much better version of this. This is basically a thin, liquid sunscreen. Compared to the Biore, this is harder to blend b/c of it's high water content (more rubbing), and is less mattifying. Biore's product has a chock full of silicones, which has made it my one and only HG product I've found so far. Already returned it.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

So sad because I really wanted to like this product. I am very sensitive and acne prone and when I tried to product in Nordstroms yesterday it felt good on my skin, but this morning when I put it on it burned some. Not a good sign! Several hours later and my oily skin feels really tight and dry because of the alcohol content. There certainly are nice things about this product and I might recommend it for people who don't have sensitive skin. My skin is very matte, which it usually isn't around this time of day, and it could be used in lieu of primer since it has so many cones. The drying factor is bad. It will lead to fine line/wrinkles and ain't nobody got time for that.