Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector for Face SPF 42 PA+++

Shiseido  Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector for Face SPF 42 PA+++

3.9

OCTINOXATE 7.4% Sunscreen OCTOCRYLENE 3.0% Sunscreen ZINC OXIDE 8.6% Sunscreen WATER • DIMETHICONE • ISODODECANE • SD ALpCOHOL 40-B • DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL • ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE • GLYCERIN • POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE • VINYL DIMETHICONE/METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER • POLYBUTYLENE GLYCOL/PPG-9/1 COPOLYMER • DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER • XYLITOL • METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER • THIOTAURINE • SCUTELLARIA BAICALENSIS ROOT EXTRACT • PAEONIA ALBIFLORA ROOT EXTRACT • ONONIS SPINOSA ROOT EXTRACT • ECTOIN • LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE • TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE • BUTYLENE GLYCOL • DISODIUM EDTA • DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE • BHT • SYZYGIUM JAMBOS LEAF EXTRACT • TOCOPHEROL • PHENOXYETHANOL • BENZOIC ACID • FRAGRANCE • MICA • TITANIUM DIOXIDE •

on 6/7/2017 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my first ever 5 star review because this sunscreen is that good of a product. It dissapears into your skin leaving a slightly tacky but smooth matte finish. The oil control aspect is better than the majority of the product that was marketed as oil control moisturizer/primer. Add a drop of foundation/bronzer if the white cast is bothering you. I use it as my primer as well, or mix it with a pump of foundation in there for a bit coverage. Makes my foundation last all day. Keeps the oil slick looking fresh and matte all day. Doesn't smell like sunscreen!!!!!

May not be great on dehydrated skin as it does cling a bit to dry skin so you gotta moisturize real nice like you should. If you don't need oil control then any other sunscreen is as good. If dry skin but likes matte finish i suggest La Roche Posay's mineral primer spf 50.

I work in cosmetics and have never been so happy with a product. Price is steep but worth every penny.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Super pricey for sunscreen but completely worth it. It's so lightweight, absorbs the excess oil on my face and of course protects my super sensitive skin from the sun. Used alone this is completely perfect but layered with other products like a moisturizer or primer this balls up. What I love to do is mix a cocktail of this, Benefits Porefessional Matte Rescue Primer & Clean & Clear's Advantage Acne Control Hydrating Gel Moisturizer & put it all over my face at once that way everything evenly absorbs & I don't have any balling up or pilling from layering different products. Would totally repurchase again.

on 3/29/2017 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

So I purchased the large bottle at Ulta, and have since returned. I read great things about it and decided to give it a try as a summer sunscreen that looked more matte than my normal one. The bottle is small, yet sturdy and pretty. I managed to get it for $33 for the large bottle at Ulta, but they have since raised to the $46 Sephora is charging, which does seem like a steep price that I doubt I would pay unless this was perfect in every way for my skin. It shakes well and does not leak that I could tell in the week I had it. It has a light scent, but I actually found it pleasant, and I usually HATE scent in facial products. It was a very liquid product that absorbed almost immediately after applying. There was a slight white cast that faded/blended shortly after application. SPF is high and while I didn't get to actually test it in a full day of sun, seemed good. Where it all went wrong for me is the high alcohol content. It really dried me out and left my skin feeling tight and caused flaking/peeling, which in turn the sunscreen clung to, causing white patches. I don't have an issue with alcohol in skincare if it is further down the list or is not drying (yes, Paula's choice site says alcohol is horrible, but I could not find any real research or sources that back this up, and many dermatologists and doctors saying there's no evidence for this). Anyway, I tried moisturizing before hand and patting it on vs rubbing it, but my nose was still peeling and my other dry patches getting clingy with product, and skin that's is usually not dry feeling tight. I was not able to make it work due to the drying nature. This would be great for oily skin, but for sensitive, combo skin it was no good.

on 12/26/2016 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This isn't a bad sunscreen but I'm glad I didn't pay for it.
It's EXTREMELY small.
It leaves a white cast on my already white skin.

I like the texture and I enjoy using it but for the tiny amount PLUS whitecast, it's a no.

on 10/28/2016 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This is my new favorite sunscreen to wear under makeup. Previously, I was using Elta MD, but recently it started balling and pilling underneath my foundation, particularly cream foundations that require some rubbing and blending. I like this Shiseido sunscreen because it's milky, lightweight, and absorbs quickly without any white cast. The only thing is the scent is a little strong, but it's not a dealbreaker. I like this better than the cream version, which is thicker, heavier, and has a bit of a white cast even when blended very well. I'll definitely repurchase this sunscreen when I run out!

on 10/6/2016 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

For years I've used Shiseido's Ultimate Sun Protection lotion -- the one in the blue and orange bottle - and thought it was great. But when they took the SPF down to 38 (I have melasma and need at least 40) I started looking for alternatives.

I am in my 50s with dry/combination skin. This sunscreen is PERFECTION. It melts into your face, doesn't mess up foundation and even provides a (slight) matifying effect - perfect for my shiny nose. I FREAKIN' LOVE THIS STUFF! The only issue is it's literally more than 3x the price of my former Shiseido product - $32 for one ounce! And yes this bottle is tiny. (Of course, it's beautiful yet practical packaging like all Shiseido products.)

I'm going to have to figure out where else to cut back so I can put this in my budget permanently, because I don't think I can live without it. The only downside is I sometimes feel myself skimping on application because it is so pricey - not a good thing with sunscreen!

I like this sunscreen, shiseido really nails the sunscreen game a thin milky consistency that needs to be shaken before pouring out light semi matte finish, strong alcohol scent so dry skinned, beware. you can use moisturizer before this and this can work for you, which is something I actually do myself be sure to really rub it in well because there is a slight white cast, and whether or not that goes away depends on what type of lotion you used before and also how well you massage into your skin I really like the small bottle that makes it easy to throw into your purse to take with you and also is soo good for traveling

on 7/8/2016 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I love the packaging because it is easy to travel with. It absorbs quickly to the skin and it really does protect my face from the sun.

on 5/22/2016 11:18:00 AM

I bought this to replace my beloved CeraVe SPF that just continued to clog my pores.

The consistency for this is fantastic. It's almost runny. No extra oil or sheen.

I gave it 4 stars because there's really no additional skincare properties like other in the category. But, I do like this to do just what it is, provide sun protection.

See my review for the Shiseido Urban Environment Cream...

All I can say is WHITE FACE PAINT (and I am pale). I tried a sample of this after I used the thick cream version of this, and I hated it just as much.

I am sensitive to many face sunscreens but want good moisture so I had high hopes for this product. Unfortunately I was severely disappointed (how does this have such high reviews?)

It was runny in consistency, so I was shocked when I had trouble rubbing it in. Everywhere I put it was stark white and appeared to have a film over it. I tried to make it work, but rubbing it in further only gave me weird red and white splotches from touching my face and the product.

It didn't feel very moisturizing, and my it felt weird to put makeup on top of. I have dry/combination skin, but it did this all over my face.

I definitely will not purchase, and will stick to my garden variety Olay, which is worlds better than this. I am utterly disappointed.