SHISEIDO Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector for Face SPF 42 PA+++

Filtered by age: 44-55
SHISEIDO Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector for Face SPF 42 PA+++

4.7

OCTINOXATE 7.4% Sunscreen OCTOCRYLENE 3.0% Sunscreen ZINC OXIDE 8.6% Sunscreen WATER • DIMETHICONE • ISODODECANE • SD ALpCOHOL 40-B • DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL • ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE • GLYCERIN • POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE • VINYL DIMETHICONE/METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER • POLYBUTYLENE GLYCOL/PPG-9/1 COPOLYMER • DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER • XYLITOL • METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER • THIOTAURINE • SCUTELLARIA BAICALENSIS ROOT EXTRACT • PAEONIA ALBIFLORA ROOT EXTRACT • ONONIS SPINOSA ROOT EXTRACT • ECTOIN • LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE • TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE • BUTYLENE GLYCOL • DISODIUM EDTA • DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE • BHT • SYZYGIUM JAMBOS LEAF EXTRACT • TOCOPHEROL • PHENOXYETHANOL • BENZOIC ACID • FRAGRANCE • MICA • TITANIUM DIOXIDE •

on 12/26/2016 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This isn't a bad sunscreen but I'm glad I didn't pay for it.
It's EXTREMELY small.
It leaves a white cast on my already white skin.

I like the texture and I enjoy using it but for the tiny amount PLUS whitecast, it's a no.

on 10/6/2016 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

For years I've used Shiseido's Ultimate Sun Protection lotion -- the one in the blue and orange bottle - and thought it was great. But when they took the SPF down to 38 (I have melasma and need at least 40) I started looking for alternatives.

I am in my 50s with dry/combination skin. This sunscreen is PERFECTION. It melts into your face, doesn't mess up foundation and even provides a (slight) matifying effect - perfect for my shiny nose. I FREAKIN' LOVE THIS STUFF! The only issue is it's literally more than 3x the price of my former Shiseido product - $32 for one ounce! And yes this bottle is tiny. (Of course, it's beautiful yet practical packaging like all Shiseido products.)

I'm going to have to figure out where else to cut back so I can put this in my budget permanently, because I don't think I can live without it. The only downside is I sometimes feel myself skimping on application because it is so pricey - not a good thing with sunscreen!

on 1/19/2014 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

So far I really like this stuff. I have been using it for about a week now. My wonderful Christian Dior was reformulated and it is now horrible, very oily and not matte like it used to be. I was on the search for a new sunscreen and I checked out the reviews on this one. I will update in a month, but so far it is awesome. It wears great over my moisturizer and does not really give a white cast. So far, so good.
UPDATE: 2 weeks later. i love this stuff. It makes the pores seem smaller, skin smoother and protects. Thank you MUA for your reviews and thank you Shiseido for making such a terrific product. Thank God, no clogged pores, it works. Too bad Dior ruined their wonderful sunscreen. I will never go back.