OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls

OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls

3.8

on 3/13/2017 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wish I loved this. But it pulls mint-green on me, which makes my skin look kind of blah. Application is pretty easy - 2 coats ends up opaque. But the green cast is no good for me.

on 9/10/2016 2:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This is a super pale light baby blue/grey. I was looking for a white not so stark and decided on this one. I got it for 11$ on Ebay.

The formula is really thin and runny. It's like an opaque water paint.
I use 2 layers of my favorite ridge filler Essie fill the gap first and then 2 layers of this. Gets streaky on the 1st coat but covers it all on the 2nd. You might need 3 coats if you don't use a ridge filler underneath. I top of with Sally hansen Big shiny top coat and then 1 last layer of Seche vite.
(I love my nails to look plump and last long, hence the many layers I do. It does take some extra time but so worth it. All my manis ALWAYS last for 3 weeks before any serious big chips. Minor chips don't start until after 2 weeks)
So for now this hasn't chipped for 3 days, I work on computers all day and yesterday we did a deep cleaning at the gym I manage. Hands wet and humid for almost 6 hours and my nails didn't chip one bit. Will update you with the wear time, once it starts to chip or even so long until I want to change color on my nails (usually after 3 weeks)

I find the formula easy to work with, the brush might be a bit too wide and the handle too big for my liking but I got small hands. I find that I need to work with it a bit careful since it so runny and can pool out on the side of the nails.
I don't find this to be a wow polish, but it's great if I want to have a neutral clean polished look to my nails. It's a bit more toned down than a stark white which can be more appropriate at times.

Since I like how it easy it is to use and the color is like nothing else I have in my existing collection, I would repurchase if I ran out and couldn't find a better dupe for it.
It's nice to have in my collection and I'd recommend this color if someone looked for a pale blue/grey.

on 11/2/2015 3:04:00 PM

I really wanted to like this one. I was intrigued by the idea of it being a not-exactly-white nail polish. But on my nails it just looked like a super-pale gray. Like as pale as gray can be without being officially white. That's what this is. Different, for sure. But it looked slightly weird and unflattering. Not my shade.

Great OPI formula. Opaque in two coats and no problems with application or wear.

But I didn't care the shade itself and I wouldn't buy this one again.

on 10/5/2015 3:55:00 AM

This is my only white polish. And, as other reviewers mentioned, I like that it is not too stark. However I am sure that there are others out there with a better formula. MBSW applies streaky and needs a minimum of 3 coats. I found it difficult to get a clean line by the cuticles. All in all, I am sure I will be able to use it up, but would not repurchase.

Well I really can't say because I cannot find this color anywhere... I heard a dupe is Yoga then yogurt by Nicole OPI and I am in love with that color... Not super stark white and applies like a dream!!! So if u are looking for this and cannot find it try Nicole YTY!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

After hearing about this polish everywhere I had to try it. It was supposed to have an amazing formula for a white polish. For me the formula is just so-so. It takes 3 coats to become opaque and is slightly runny, but given that it's a white polish it is pretty user friendly. The color is unique - it's either a very pale grey or a blue toned white, depending on who you ask. The finish is crelly-ish - sort of squishy but also opaque. I like this. I wouldn't say it is my favorite white polish but it is definitely up there for me. It lasts well on my nails too - at least 5 days before any noticible wear. Looks great layered with matte glitters - the brighter the better!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love the colour. White nails are so stark, this polish is great.

I HATE the formula. Maybe I got a dud bottle, but it seems to be runny and gloopy at the same time. I'm good at doing my nails but when I use this, it gets everywhere and floods my cuticles if I'm not really careful because of the runniness, yet manages to bubble and look thick by the second coat.

I've put no for rebuying as I find this so annoying, but realistically, sometimes I need a white but don't want a stark one - so I might have to!

This is a lovely white with a faint bluish undertone. I'm loving opaque white nails at the moment, and this is a great option (with a faint undertone colour, rather than a plain white). Although I really like the colour and quality, I probably won't re-purchase because I don't find that blue undertone as classical as a plain white nail polish.

on 9/6/2012 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a nice off-white colour from OPI's 2012 Spiderman collection. It almost has a hint of gray and a hint of green in it.

Colour Turnout: 4/5
Application: 4/5

So overall, I don't think I'd actually buy this colour again because it's kind of an odd colour. It is so close to white, but is still not white. Application is good though, only took two coats and wasn't streaky.

on 7/11/2012 11:44:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Perfect white. Ive been looking for a color like this for a while, white but not like white-out. Its got some grey in there maybe even the slightest blue tone, but its milky white. Coverage is good in two coats. Dries well. Love it. It was between this and some similar looking Orly ones, glad i got the OPI.

Popular Polishes