Clarins Ever Matte Shine Control Mineral Powder Compact

Clarins Ever Matte Shine Control Mineral Powder Compact

Tanaka powder: continuously absorbs excess sebum on the skin surface, promotes a soft, velvety feel. "Light Optimizing +" complex: instantly captures, diffuses and magnifies light. Fine lines and small imperfections are visibly minimized. The complexion appears more even and luminous. Plant Micropatch®: keeps skin moisturized, supple and comfortable. Double protection: against free radicals and pollution.

on 1/13/2016 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

An underrated powder compact. Great for touch ups and setting. The name says "Ever Matte Shine Control" but this is not really a "matte" powder. This is not your typical powdery, dry, matte powder, I find that it leaves a more soft satiny finish. The texture is smooth and silky. It does somewhat of the job its named for, it gets rid of SOME shine, but it won't hold it for long.

I use this everywhere on my face, even under the eyes and I am quite hesitant about powder there, I just use the thinnest sweep of powder.The coverage is sheer and it does not cover much.

The compact is a beautiful metal gold that is also sturdy; unlike my more expensive Chanel powder compact made of dingy plastic that broke and now I have to leave it at home. The sponge it comes with is a joke, it's so flimsy! Bring a brush or sponge with you when you have this compact.

I have normal skin that leans combo in summer and dry in the winter. I have used this powder summer through winter with no problems. Looks very natural, soft and airbrushed.

I took off one lippie-star because it doesnt do what it says: to mattify the skin. It's not the best mattifyer in my opinion, but still works great otherwise. I hate overly matte powders. This should be called "Ever Satin" or Ever Silk" instead of matte so it's not throwing people off. Worth the price, beautiful powder to have.

on 10/10/2015 6:16:00 AM

Feel nothing about this powder. It's neither good nor bad. Very lightweight which is nice, not long lasting which is bad. I have a combination skin so I only need powder on the T-zone and with this powder it's necessary to retouch every 2-3 hours. Also when my skin is on dry side it might look a bit powdery. Definitely not humid proof. Pretty and practical compact packaging. Good big mirror inside. I will use it till it ends but not a repurchase material for me.

To Read all 6 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my all time favourites.

Have had this in transparent - fair, works well. Like the natural, satin finish.

I'm really oily, so will need a few extra touch up during the day, but that i would need with every powder. Better with a sheer finish than dead looking too matt finish, i think.

Pricy but worth buying, usually buy it from taxfree so get it for less money :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This one just lasts for 1 hour i think, when you put it on your face it's just invisible, I like that for a natural finish, but it doesnt lasts the time I want (using the sponge or a brush, its a similir finish). Also it doesn't have SFP and it smells like perfume (so good, but bad for your skin sometimes). The package is nice, but it fills of fingerprints and that's so bad. I would recommend this one for the people who like to be retouching all day and for people with combination skin, I think this wouldn't be good for those who have oily skin because it doesn't lasts all day, as I told.

on 1/30/2013 1:20:00 PM

I bought this specifically for touch-ups during the day. I wanted a 'pretty' compact that had a good product in it for taking away my oiliness.

I'm not uber thrilled with the product. It's just OK. There's no stand-out characteristic about this. it's just a pressed powder that controls shine. While I find the packaging beautiful, and the formulation of the powder is very nice, I'm not sure I'd recommend this to anyone and most definitely will not repurchase.

I really don't recommend using this as a powder foundation either. It's not marketed that way (at least I don't think it is), but I tried to wear it over a primer and it turned very splotchy and eventually melted off.

I got the color light and it matches my NC25 skin.

on 5/24/2012 11:20:00 AM

Updated **** I still like this for its wonderful feel and natural finish, but it does not to the main thing that I expect a face powder to do: keep my face from getting shiny. So I downgraded it to 2 lippies. Those with dryer skin might really like this though. **** I just bought this to replace my Chanel powder compact (great finish and colour, but very poor at combating shine). I wasn't aware that this was a "mineral" powder, but never mind. I got shade 01, which is excellent for me as it is yellow-based. This is _not_ a powder foundation, so doesn't have much coverage - which is what I prefer. For me a powder should fix foundation and matify, while ideally looking as if there is nothing on the skin.

So, I've only used this 2 days so far but I'm very impressed. Even when applied with the crappy applicator (as I didn't have my brush handy), it applied beautifully and left a non-cakey, natural matte finish. The staying powder was quite decent: I have combination skin with surface dryness yet I get shiny very easily - a strange and unwelcome characteristic! This lasted a good few hours before I needed a touch up (in warm weather, with emollient moisturiser underneath foundation =shine city!). Applying with a buff will definitely give a more lasting finish than brushing it on, as I discovered today. What I like is that it kept my foundation (Chanel Mat Lumiere in "clair") looking virtually perfect the whole day, even when the shine broke through. Touching up did not create cakiness. I hope it will keep performing like this - dare I say it I hope I'm on to a winner here!

Scent: none that I can detect. Packaging: plasticky gold, not chic exactly. Puff inside is rubbish, but the mirror is good and large, and the lid opens wide. I thought the price was nice, but then realised that the compact only holds 10g as opposed to the Chanel 15g - so not that cheap actually. But I would most probably buy this again.

EDIT: yes it IS scented - strange that I didn't notice at first. There is quite a strong floral scent.