Etude House Drawing Eye Brow Pencil

Etude House Drawing Eye Brow Pencil
Drawing Eye Brow PencilDrawing Eye Brow PencilDrawing Eye Brow PencilDrawing Eye Brow Pencil

4.5

iron oxide, hydrogenated soybean oil, hydrogenated coco-glycerides, mica, water Soeno vegetable oil, zinc stearate, stearic acid, carnauba wax, triisostearate polyglyceryl-2, tocopherol, Caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, ascorbyl palmitate hexylene glycol

on 11/7/2018 2:27:00 PM

This isn't a bad pencil, but it never lasts on my brows. It's fine for a couple of hours and then it looks as though I never put it on in the first place. It's kind of a shame since the color is good (grey brown), but I also will not repurchase as Etude House still tests on animals.

on 6/12/2018 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

I have this pencil in gray. It feels hard on my skin. I don't like the slanted tip, which makes applying the pencil a little difficult. The point frequently breaks. I'll use up the pencil but I definitely won't re-purchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's actually a very good product - it lasts all day, nice color payoff, natural looking, very very cheap, and it comes with a spoolie brush. But on the other hand, it's very easy to break, and it only last me for 2 months top since I use it everyday, even though I only use it for the ends of my brows. You can buy the refill, but the shop where I used to buy told me that Etude no longer sell the refill.
(+) easy to use, very cheap, natural looking
(-) very easy to break, run out fast

I'm still looking for my hg eyebrow pencils (korean eyebrow pencils are just very cheap) but if I can't find any, I will definitely go back to this product.

Edit: I can't. I can't find any. I'm sorry. I just have to. I can't find better eyebrow pencil for this quality at this price yet. I heard Shu Uemura's is nice, but, come on, the price? Besides, they just upgrade the product with longer lid (yay!) and add a new shade (blonde? I think).

I have find my way to work with this product without breaking the lid (another yay). And, the colour grey brown is the perfect shade of brown for me. No hint of red, like at all, which is perfect because I don't like my eyebrows to be reddish brown while my hair is brownish black. I tried other brands' so-called grey brown, and I can't find any hint of grey.

UPDATED 21/06/16
I've switched to Face Shop's Designing Eyebrow. This product, as much as I loved it, caused me to breakout around my eyebrow area. I never actually thought this product is the cause, but after seeing reviews stating they have the same problem with me, I tried to change product, and then the breakout stopped. Minus 2 lippies for this problem.

on 5/27/2018 7:25:00 AM

This is a good product for natural-looking eyebrows, it goes on semi-sheer and will blend fairly easily. My favourite thing about these pencils is the colour - I have them in grey and grey brown, and there's not even a hint of red when applied onto the skin. My hair does actually have a red undertone to it but reddish brows always look too obviously like you've drawn them on, neutral tones are generally more flattering. The pencil is a twist-up type, is slanted at the tip, and abour 3-4mm lengthways. Looking head on at the tip, it's in the shape of an isosceles triangle. It is a little waxy in consistency, so if you find it's not drawing on readily then scribble a little on the back of your hand to warm it up and it should go on a lot more smoothly. The other end is a spoolie brush, which will soften and blend harsh lines with ease.

It lasts well enough, but it isn't the most long-wearing brow pencil out there. I often need to take this with me and touch up once or twice in the day, if I'm particularly oily or sweaty that day. It is very affordable, even when factoring in shipping from abroad - I bought one for around £5-6 with shipping and so it's still cheaper than some other drugstore brow pencils.

The main downside is the loosely fitting lids on these. Mine have now been lost to the sands of time, so I have to be super careful about retracting the pencil back into the cartridge or else it will snap off. But as mentioned they are super cheap so it's not too painful if one snaps and needs replacing.

on 3/20/2018 7:07:00 AM

Easy brows especially for beginners. I don't like the shape of the pencil though. it has a tapered edge - fat at the bottom and thin on top. I don't like the fat edge for filling in brows because it looks unnatural to just have blocks of colour in your brows rather than strokes. The brush on the other end is useful but the cap gets loose after a while.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've ordered this pencil as my second Etude House product because I love love love their eyeshadow primer. Unfortunately, this didn't turn out t be a winner for me.

Pros:
- very generous size
- dual end with slightly different color packaging, so you know which one to open
- very natural if you find a color match

Cons:
- too thick for my liking. I tried to use only a thin side, but surely it's not really possible
- I'm not Asian, their dark colors are too dark for me, but the light shade is way too light
- doesn't last all day (for me nothing except Clinique superfine liner does, but Clinique doesn't look as natural)

I'll use it, but I won't buy it again.

on 12/14/2016 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am underwhelmed by this pencil. Have tried to find a replacement for my beloved T. LeClerc gris/noir (gray/black) pencil, but so far the search has been tough. I tried the affordable Etude House in dark grey. The color match is pretty good for my black eyebrows and ivory skin. But the staying power is very sub par. With thick brows, and only needing a bit of pencil, I was surprised. I'll go back to the Lioele in #3 (gray/black), which is a similar shape, also has a brush on the end and stays on.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm really sad to say this but my eyebrow area broke out after constantly using this. I love the product a lot because it's a great formula that doesnt make me overdo my brows but still gives me a defined shape. The angled pencil makes it really easy to fill in my brows. It kinda fades throughout the day though. The only reason I will not use this anymore is because I broke out on my eyebrows (it's probably something in the ingredients). Would give it 4/5 if it didn't break me out

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this eyebrow pencil its a crayon type. I also like the color and the shape of the pencil, however, I keep reaching for my regular etude eyebrow pencil rather than using this one..

Pros:
Natural color
Effective shape of the pencil
Contains brow brush
Lasts all day
Doesn't oxidize or look oily throughout the day

Cons:
Although it may seem cheap ($4 on ebay) it comes with really little product
Packaging is cheap, the cap on the brush side cracked -.-

Would I re-purchase?

Probably not because I find that the regular etude eyebrow pencil works better for me! And its just as good as this, it's just not a crayon type and I find that regular eyebrow pencils last longer than crayon types!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Pros-
Gray Brown is perfect. I mean perfect! I have dark brown hair and most brown colors don't work for me (either too dark, too reddish, too light.. always something). Gray brown blends wonderfully and looks sooo natural.
Pretty easy to apply (IF your face is not freshly washed-- read Cons). Fills out the brows really quickly and it's easy to manipulate with the brush side.
Good staying power. I apply this then use Elf clear mascara to set my brows and it lasts most of the day without touch-up.
Low price - can get it on eBay for less than $4 if you don't mind waiting extra for overseas shipping
Cons-
Not easy to apply on freshly washed eyebrows/skin. Color does not transfer unless you have some oils on your skin, so give it a good 1/2 hour or so after washing before applying.
As other reviews said, the cap end of the pencil side will damage or break the tip of pencil off if you don't retract it before capping. That's annoying.
Didn't seem to last too long. Maybe I broke off a bunch of the pencil because of aforementioned cap being too short, I don't know. However, I used this up in like 3 weeks which is surprising because there's supposed to be .25 oz of product which should last me about a month and a half or so.
Shape of pencil is nice when you get it, with nice sharp edges and a flat middle. Unfortunately, t doesn't stay that shape as I use it. Again, maybe cause I smashed it with the cap, but in any case it ends up more rounded on the edges making it harder to draw precise "hairs".

Overall- Would repurchase and have repurchased. While this is not my only brow products, I do like to have this on hand and use on days I don't want to spend the extra time it takes with my other products or if I want super natural looking brows. The pros outweigh the cons in my opinion. I recommend giving it a try.