Etude House Drawing Eye Brow Pencil

Etude House Drawing Eye Brow Pencil
Drawing Eye Brow PencilDrawing Eye Brow PencilDrawing Eye Brow PencilDrawing Eye Brow Pencil

4.5

iron oxide, hydrogenated soybean oil, hydrogenated coco-glycerides, mica, water Soeno vegetable oil, zinc stearate, stearic acid, carnauba wax, triisostearate polyglyceryl-2, tocopherol, Caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, ascorbyl palmitate hexylene glycol

on 12/7/2017 7:02:00 PM

I bought this in my ongoing quest to find a product that would allow me to have eyebrows that looked real. I am 69 and, as it happens when aging, my eyebrows just aren't "there" anymore. I've tried dying, which lasts a week at most. Then there is the fact that they are sparse. Powder eyebrow products just don't last. Felt tipped application products don't have an adequate range of color. This gel pencil is the best I've tried. I can feather in brow hair where I need it and shape the eyebrow by using light and heavier pressure. I have re-ordered this and strongly recommend it. The price is amazing for the quality.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've always been on the lookout for new brow products. The one's I'm able to find in the drugstore suitable for dark brown hair tend to lean red and although I know others don't notice I feel as though the fact that I filled in my eyebrows is very noticeable with my black hair over a reddish-brown base. Here come in etude house, I figured that as an Asian company they would have more straight forward shades that don't lean red. This eyebrow pencils comes in 6 shades, of which I have two, they are as follows:
01 dark brown, 02 grey brown, 03 brown, 04 dark grey, 05 grey, 06 black

I have it in dark brown and dark grey. The dark brown is a greyed brown in that it doesn't lean red which is what I originally wanted. The dark grey is a color that I can use when I don't want to draw too much attention to my brows as it doesn't make my eyebrows stand out but they do look natural when I use it. Another thing about this pencil I enjoy is that the shape of the pencil is triangular, which makes it easy for me to use.

The packaging is nice when you buy the full pencil it comes with the pencil on one end and a eye brow brush on the other. When you wish to repurchase you need only buy the pencil side as it will pop out when you are ready to change it.

The best thing about this is the price! I had a friend in Korea who was able to ship this to me originally. In Korea the full pencil retails for 2,500 won (less than $2.50), the refills go for 1,500 won (less than $1.50)!! For those unable to get it shipped from Korea, on Ebay I've seen the full pencils go for anywhere from 4-6 dollars with free shipping.

*HG* Wow. I don't ordinarily write positive reviews until I've really put a product through its paces, but rarely have I been almost instantly won over -- enough to elevate this to HG status after just 3 weeks.

For a while, I had been using the Maybelline Define-A-Brow pencil for lack of anything better on the market. I've tried them all, high-end and drugstore (my previous HG was Chanel Sculpte Sourcils before they stopped selling the ash blond color in the US). The Etude pencil blows the Chanel out of the water.

Me: Korean, dark brown/black hair, oily skin, sparse brows that disappear at the ends. I want a brow that looks full and natural, but groomed -- so not a severe thin arch but not the thick, blurry look either.

Color: I got 2 of these -- grey(#5) and grey-brown(#2), and they both work. I've been using the grey more, mainly because it's lighter and I'm still getting the hang of how to get the most natural effect. So far, I think the best is to first use the grey for overall shaping, then the grey-brown for added definition if I feel it's needed.

Wear: The longest wearing pencil I've ever tried. Generally, anything with true staying power has been too severe-looking (pens/markers), while the more natural-looking products dissolve in my oiliness after a few hours max. This stays put as long as I don't disrupt it by accidentally rubbing it; I've been able to blot carefully without the need to reapply (and this through some fairly warm late summer weather), which is pretty amazing in my book.

Packaging: Love the spoolie at the other end. It really is the best for prepping (brush off the makeup/powder so my brows don't look ashy) and finishing (lightly blend any harsh lines without erasing it totally). Love that the pencil is retractable. My only quibble is the shape of the actual product, which is an elongated triangle on a slant. It's possible I just haven't mastered this yet, but I find it hard to manipulate the blunt end to get the more defined look I'm going for. I feel I would have more control over a finer point to fill in individual eyebrow hairs. It's a shame, because this is the perfect texture for the individual hair approach: soft enough to look natural, but pigmented enough to create hairs -- or, rather, the shadow of hairs.

Overall, though, very excited to have found this.

I have high end and low end brow pencils and this is the best I've found for very quick brows taking into account the price, IF you can find a colour match. I like the fact a spoolie is attached too. But it takes a certain amount of practice and for me, the colour range isn't great - I've tried 3 different colours and none were a match. My brows are very dark brown, almost black, with no red tones.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I have been using this for one year and it's the only brow pencil I will use - whoever said that dark brown eyebrow pencils are suitable for Asians with sparse black brows is clearly wrong. I've tried many eyebrow pencils by Western brands but not one looked natural on my brows.

I use #5 Grey which matches my not-quite-black sparse brows and dark brown-black hair perfectly and makes me look as if I have naturally pretty dark and full brows. It has a waxy texture and is lightly pigmented which is excellent for preventing heavily drawn on brows. The attached spoolie does a brilliant job of softening the drawn in brows. It looks so wonderfully natural that my friends have never noticed that I had drawn in my brows until I told them! I've only one complaint - on humid days, the colour fades and disappears if I don't use an eyebrow gel over it. If you use an eyebrow gel / coat, the product will last all day. It's cheap and cost-effective with one eyebrow pencil lasting me 10 months (I use it around 5 times a week). This is my go-to brow product and I'm satisfied with it.

EDIT (17/06/14): The love affair still continues. 1.5 years since I first bought this beauty, this is the one beauty product I must use every day to make myself more presentable. Will repurchase it forever.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Good eyebrow pencils are really hard to find. The only one I have found, drugstore or brand, to rival this one is by Shu Uemura, and you can guess which one gives better value for the money! Both pencils have a triangular shape (perfect to draw in brows) and just the right consistency (very hard, deposits only a slight line with each stroke, the better to build up shadow from light to dark gradually): the Shu, however, must be sharpened, and it doesn't have the brush on the other end that the Etude has. I like the twisty crayon format of the Etude much better.

Another thing I like about this product is the color range. The more colors a product line has, the more difficult it is to make a return on it. So I was pleasantly surprised that such a cheapo brand would make such a wide range of shades for such a humble product as an eyebrow pencil. Mine's gray-brown (I think), and it's the perfect color to shade in Asian eyebrows. Remember, when you're drawing in eyebrows, it's the shadows of the hairs you're replicating, not the hairs themselves. Most Korean eyebrow pencils / powders are either very dark or very brown. I was pleased that there were more gray shades in this line. It's a better match for me than LM Brow Definer, which was my former everyday brow product - that just turned out too brown for me, even though it's the grayest product among Western brands.

My only gripe is with the packaging. The cap gets really loose after a while and even falls off. Considering that a main attraction of this product is the portability, it's a failure that significantly detracts from the product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

There is nothing bad about this product- save for having to order from overseas. I got both the grey brown and brown shades when I spent about a year as a brunette and they both wore beautifully. The grey brown was my favorite, as it looked so subtle ad to appear to be natural thickness in my own brows. It should be noted that the regular brown shade was perfectly acceptable though as it never pulled red or appeared unnatural- just slightly warmer. The chiseled tip was neither a plus or minus for me, but the application was easy enough. It is a firmer texture, but not hard enough to drag or skip. The spoolie on the end was key in getting a blended appearance an especially convenient. The price point-if you can find it- is also fantastic. Beautynetkorea.com typically offers a BOGO deal for members. There is a reason Korean brow products are a cult hit.

on 10/11/2016 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

(1)
I am absolutely in love with this product! It is very affordable and can be found on a multitude of online stores including Ebay.
I have natural black hair and eyebrows, and it can be hard to find brow products that work well with black brows. I bought the shade #4 Dark Grey, and I love it! It looks amazing on, and it's very easy to use. The only small downside is that, because of the shape of the produt, it might be a bit difficult to get precise lines.

on 11/18/2015 12:03:00 PM

This is the best eyebrow pencil I ever had.

I have this in gray brown and brown. Brown is okay, but I prefer the gray brown better, because it's a more versatile shade for either natural/dyed hair.

Why do I love this? First, design. It's a chiseled, thin broad-tipped pencil. Perfect for straight eyebrows. You can use it to draw the guidelines around your brows in a horizontal position, and fill it in effortlessly and evenly in a vertical position. (I hope the readers understood what I meant). Not much fuss compared to the conventional eyebrow pencil.

Second, the pencil is somewhat of a powdery finish, so when you apply it, it looks more natural compared to the oil/wax-based counterparts.

Third, the mascara wand at the other end. This is very essential to tone down the intensity of your application for a more natural look.

What I didn't like about this is when the pencil nearly runs out, it breaks. Or it gets stuck easily. I buy a new pencil at least every 2 months and it hasn't run out of yet when it reaches the breaking point. Sometimes, there are problems with the rotating mechanism too, it sucks when the pencil gets ruined by the cap.

For the price of PhP150 per pencil, I think this product is holy grail. I am very happy with this product, highly recommended especially for those who like to sport a natural look. Expensive eyebrow pencils are so unnecessary.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Pros:
++Natural looking. Pretty hard to overdo if pencil is not warmed up. Nice to practice with if a beginner.
++Convenient. Automatic pencil with spoolie on the other end, so I take it when I travel.
++Shape of product makes it easy to draw a fine line, stroke of hair or fill in the brows.
+Price. It is cheap to be sure, but at the same time I find that I run out easily. I've bought 4 or 5 for the past year I think. And I don't use a whole lot when I do my brows, just enough to fill sparse areas.

Cons:
--Rubs off easily. Must set it.
--Softens just with the warm weather in the Philippines. When it does it does not apply evenly and color payoff increases, making it easy to put more than you ought.

I'm searching for a one-stop-natural-shop. I'll try Shu Uemura's hard pencil next. For the price that I've spent on this I could've bought Shu Uemura already, and I heard it will last you a really long time! I'm hoping the lead will not soften and my brows won't fade by itself in the hot and humid climate I live in.