Etude House Drawing Eye Brow Pencil

Etude House Drawing Eye Brow Pencil
Drawing Eye Brow PencilDrawing Eye Brow PencilDrawing Eye Brow PencilDrawing Eye Brow Pencil

4.5

iron oxide, hydrogenated soybean oil, hydrogenated coco-glycerides, mica, water Soeno vegetable oil, zinc stearate, stearic acid, carnauba wax, triisostearate polyglyceryl-2, tocopherol, Caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, ascorbyl palmitate hexylene glycol

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

(Context: 03 Brown) This eyebrow liner is easy to apply and use. The brush on the other end is very convenient. The colour of the liner is clear. A bit of it dissolves when my skin gets oily, although, at the end of the day, there is still sufficient left that I still have a brow. It does get a bit patchy too, but I have no complaints as it does not bother me. The liner is also easy to remove with cleansing wipes and makeup remover. The 03 Brown makes my brows look natural, and my RBF hence looks less severe (as opposed to black, black brows).

on 6/12/2018 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have this pencil in gray. It feels hard on my skin. I don't like the slanted tip, which makes applying the pencil a little difficult..

on 5/27/2018 7:25:00 AM

This is a good product for natural-looking eyebrows, it goes on semi-sheer and will blend fairly easily. My favourite thing about these pencils is the colour - I have them in grey and grey brown, and there's not even a hint of red when applied onto the skin. My hair does actually have a red undertone to it but reddish brows always look too obviously like you've drawn them on, neutral tones are generally more flattering. The pencil is a twist-up type, is slanted at the tip, and abour 3-4mm lengthways. Looking head on at the tip, it's in the shape of an isosceles triangle. It is a little waxy in consistency, so if you find it's not drawing on readily then scribble a little on the back of your hand to warm it up and it should go on a lot more smoothly. The other end is a spoolie brush, which will soften and blend harsh lines with ease.

It lasts well enough, but it isn't the most long-wearing brow pencil out there. I often need to take this with me and touch up once or twice in the day, if I'm particularly oily or sweaty that day. It is very affordable, even when factoring in shipping from abroad - I bought one for around £5-6 with shipping and so it's still cheaper than some other drugstore brow pencils.

The main downside is the loosely fitting lids on these. Mine have now been lost to the sands of time, so I have to be super careful about retracting the pencil back into the cartridge or else it will snap off. But as mentioned they are super cheap so it's not too painful if one snaps and needs replacing.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Pros-
Gray Brown is perfect. I mean perfect! I have dark brown hair and most brown colors don't work for me (either too dark, too reddish, too light.. always something). Gray brown blends wonderfully and looks sooo natural.
Pretty easy to apply (IF your face is not freshly washed-- read Cons). Fills out the brows really quickly and it's easy to manipulate with the brush side.
Good staying power. I apply this then use Elf clear mascara to set my brows and it lasts most of the day without touch-up.
Low price - can get it on eBay for less than $4 if you don't mind waiting extra for overseas shipping
Cons-
Not easy to apply on freshly washed eyebrows/skin. Color does not transfer unless you have some oils on your skin, so give it a good 1/2 hour or so after washing before applying.
As other reviews said, the cap end of the pencil side will damage or break the tip of pencil off if you don't retract it before capping. That's annoying.
Didn't seem to last too long. Maybe I broke off a bunch of the pencil because of aforementioned cap being too short, I don't know. However, I used this up in like 3 weeks which is surprising because there's supposed to be .25 oz of product which should last me about a month and a half or so.
Shape of pencil is nice when you get it, with nice sharp edges and a flat middle. Unfortunately, t doesn't stay that shape as I use it. Again, maybe cause I smashed it with the cap, but in any case it ends up more rounded on the edges making it harder to draw precise "hairs".

Overall- Would repurchase and have repurchased. While this is not my only brow products, I do like to have this on hand and use on days I don't want to spend the extra time it takes with my other products or if I want super natural looking brows. The pros outweigh the cons in my opinion. I recommend giving it a try.

on 3/20/2018 7:07:00 AM

Easy brows especially for beginners. I don't like the shape of the pencil though. it has a tapered edge - fat at the bottom and thin on top. I don't like the fat edge for filling in brows because it looks unnatural to just have blocks of colour in your brows rather than strokes. The brush on the other end is useful but the cap gets loose after a while.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Repurchased multiple times. Grey brown is the perfect color for folks with black hair who want a softer brow. It's truly cool-toned, so no redness. Firm enough to draw strokes, soft enough to comfortably blend. I have very oily skin and it will stay on for the work day. Touch-ups needed if I need more than 8hr coverage.

Packaging womps because the caps on either side of the pencil break easily. For $2-4 on Korean beauty websites, it's a great deal.

on 12/19/2017 12:59:00 PM

I decided to try this after seeing a friend use this and I have not regretted it. For the longest time, i was using powder to fill in my brows but this makes it so much easier. I'm Asian so the ash brown shade works great with my dark hair and it looks very natural. I am a fan of the waxy consistency of the product but if you don't like that, then you should probably look for something else. The only thing I absolutely hate is that the cap for the spoolie is so loose. I thought it was a defect in the one pencil I had but the cap had also gotten loose on the succeeding pencils that I have. Otherwise, for the price and for the product payoff, this is worth it and I will use it until they discontinue it or until the store closes in my country.

on 12/7/2017 7:02:00 PM

I bought this in my ongoing quest to find a product that would allow me to have eyebrows that looked real. I am 69 and, as it happens when aging, my eyebrows just aren't "there" anymore. I've tried dying, which lasts a week at most. Then there is the fact that they are sparse. Powder eyebrow products just don't last. Felt tipped application products don't have an adequate range of color. This gel pencil is the best I've tried. I can feather in brow hair where I need it and shape the eyebrow by using light and heavier pressure. I have re-ordered this and strongly recommend it. The price is amazing for the quality.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Got this for $5, amazing value. Great dupe for the Anastasia Brow Wiz. They changed the formula and packaging so it's not crazy pigmented now- so it makes my brows look very natural. I simple outline and fill in sparse areas, and top with Essence's make me brow gel. HG for sure!! I don't even want to use other brow pencils.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

if you're a newbie to eyebrow drawing, a natural look lover moreover korean look, this one is a must and highly recommended. it has a 7 different colors that really suits well with your hair, mostly asian typical colours. and has a very good and natural finish.
the very good part is they have the pencil and spoilee in one stick. travel-able, easy to be brought and doesn't take much spaces in your cosmetic pouch. don't worry.
easy to apply, not pricey.
i use the dark-brown shade for myself, that suits well with my hair too. doesn't come too red, and giving the illusion of thickening my brows. i personally love it and am gonna repurchase.

ohhh 1 more opinion from me; i think this product is ABH Brow Wiz's dupe. only if ABH's might suit better to universal hair color, and Etude might suit better to Asian in some shades like light brown which is too light and dark brown or black or gray brown which probably might be too dark for several hairs.

but overall, this is worth for a -+ $5 brow pencil.
score: 4/5