e.l.f. Cosmetics Studio Lip Exfoliator

e.l.f. Cosmetics Studio Lip Exfoliator
Studio Lip ExfoliatorStudio Lip ExfoliatorStudio Lip ExfoliatorStudio Lip Exfoliator

4.3

Sugar, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Ceresin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Tocopherol, Aspartame, Fragrance••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••CLEAR : Sucrose, Vitia Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Ozokerite, Fragrance, Euphorbia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Aspartame, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve). [12/7/17] ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••SWEET CHERRY : Sucrose, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Ozokerite, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve), Aspartame. ( /–) : Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850). [7/7/18]

on 1/20/2019 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I decided to try this lip exfoliator after seeing the price tag, which was $3 for a single tube. When you first use it, the product is quite smooth and you have to work the top later off a bit in order to get to the exfoliants. The biggest con to this product is the uneven size and performance of some of the exfoliants. That being said, I did find it fairly gentle to use on my lips. The product packaging is slightly misleading in the sense that it looks like you can swipe it across your lips like a lipstick. I found it worked best by rubbing it on the lips in circular motions. Overall I think this is an excellent lip exfoliator. Another perk is that there are many scents for this product, of which I have tried rose and coconut. This product has worked out so well for me that I bought a second one the moment I realized I would run out of the first one. I will definitely buy another one when the newest one runs out of product.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Perfect for exfoliating dry lips! I got this in 'Brown Sugar'...takes me about 20 seconds to use this, gently rubbing it over my lips and then removing with tissue. The first few times I used it I was probably too harsh (you have to apply with light to medium pressure). When I use this on a night I follow with a good lip balm such as Jack Black Intense Therapy or Nuxe Reve de Miel. It's the same principle as when you use a manual exfoliator or AHA on your face and the products you apply after absorb a lot better, this is no different. Without a lip exfoliator I can apply all the balms I want but sometimes, especially in winter my lips will still be chapped by the morning, but by incorporating this into my routine that's no longer the case. I also use it in the AM before applying a lip primer (current fave is Anastasia Beverly Hills) and the primer works infinitely better and creates an even smoother surface before applying lippie. Cost effective and hygienic packaging too, unlike many others where you have to dip your fingers in - which I don't mind so much if it's a face product, but for lips...? I'd rather not be taking any chances!

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Pros: did what it was supposed to do (remove dead skin), had a pleasant smell and taste (to a degree)

cons: some exfoliating particles were too aggressive and not uniform, the packaging is misleading (it looks as if you can just swipe this on your lips and exfoliate as you swipe, but no. It's way too thick, stiff and pasty to do such a thing.) I had to "pinch" a small chunk off and then rub it around my lips to exfoliate. So kind of defeats the purpose of it being in a lipstick form. If I have to pinch off a chunk, it might as well be in a little pot. But this thick pasty stuff in a pot wouldn't be good. Lastly, the smell and taste can be too much after awhile. It lingers. Btw, I got mine in clear. I still have a tiny bit left, probably enough for one more exfoliation but I'm throwing it out because it's starting to smell rancid, like an oil in it has gone bad.

Unfortunately, I have not been impressed by many of ELF's products...I have a typical lipstick, their "moisturizing" formula in Romantic Rose, and two highlighting products (a cream highlighter palette and their new jelly highlighter in Bubbly), and their Aqua Beauty liquid eyeshadow in Brushed Copper (?). After I finish with those, I'm not repurchasing from ELF any longer. I'm just very underwhelmed with their products that I've tried, and I literally got what I paid for.

on 11/12/2018 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this! I have it in mint. It works great and tastes good too.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I was excited to use this exfoliating lip treatment. I am so disappointed. Last winter when my lips got really chapped I brought 2 tubes. It was the equivalent of using my fingers to peel the skin off. It’s very aggressive. I used it on dry lips, licked lips and moisturized with other products lips; still aggressive. Will not be repurchasing.

on 11/4/2018 11:27:00 AM

This is actually a really good product! During the dry seasons, when my lips are always chapped and have a burning sensation, I use this exfoliator before going to bed and then put some lip balm. When I wake up in the morning, my lips are smooth and calm, with no irritation.

on 10/12/2018 12:43:00 AM

I've tried three different varieties of this exfoliator: original, mint, and rose. Mint was first, and I was digging it for a while until I dropped it one day and the bullet broke clean out of the tube. Needless to say, knowing this was a fragile product put me off purchasing it for a while, even if it was dirt cheap.

Months later, I picked up the rose. The moment I opened it, it smelled off, like the oils in the formula had expired. I pressed on, thinking I was imagining things, and eventually got used to the scent (still not 100% sure if I got a bad batch). I liked the gentler exfoliation but would still use my finger to get my lips nice and supple for bedtime, with an oil-heavy balm over it.

Finally, I got to the original. That one isn't bad by any means, but the crystals are bigger and harsher and I used the tube up much faster. It does smell of brown sugar but I don't recommend licking your lips with this stuff on, the taste is very waxy and unpleasant. Regardless, it's good to know there's a decent, convenient lip scrub in just about every department store and drugstore I walk into, and I will probably repurchase the scented varieties of this in the future.

on 7/18/2018 10:54:00 PM

This lip scrub has been a total lifesaver for me! Due to the recent change of season, my lips have become a lot more dry and flaky. Thankfully, I saw this lip scrub had great reviews and decided to try it out. I am totally converted to it now! I used to use Lush's lip scrubs, but they were quite messy and slightly unhygienic. I love that this one is in a lipstick bullet applicator, so I don't have to dip my fingers into it. I simply lick my lips to dampen them slightly, apply a light layer of this product, rub my lips together to help exfoliate and them wipe off with a tissue. It does a great job of removing dry flakes while simultaneously hydrating my lips. I have this in the Cherry Tart scent, which I do enjoy. It is more a generic artificial sweet scent than a true cherry scent however, but it is light and not unpleasant. It doesn't linger on the lips. It smells like candy and is not too sickly. This product is super cheap ($8AUD) and really effective. I will definitely repurchase when I finish it, and would recommend it to anyone. A+

I LOVE this product! It came in a lip beauty box and I was hesitant to use it at first. I finally decided to try and it’s amazing! It doesn’t leave a mess, you just scrub your lips with it and wipe it off. It tastes and smells yummy too! I used it yesterday before I put on my lipstick and after I took it off and today my lips are the softest they’ve ever been.

on 3/29/2018 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I recently bought the Sweet Cherry lip exfoliator and I love it. I have often get lip skin peeling but this easily buffed that skin build up away and my lipstick applied nicely.