E.L.F. Studio Lip Exfoliator

E.L.F. Studio Lip Exfoliator
Studio Lip ExfoliatorStudio Lip ExfoliatorStudio Lip ExfoliatorStudio Lip Exfoliator

4.3

Sugar, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Ceresin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Tocopherol, Aspartame, Fragrance.

I love this exfoliator - bought it about 7-8 times already. I can see why some people don't like it - might seem too harsh - however I have dry and chopped lips and it helps a lot to remove the dead skin. It works for me, so I'm not even interested in trying other products much. I love the price too, inexpensive but really works for my damaged lips. The texture is quite harsh, so if you don't like real exfoliation you probably won't like it.

on 4/26/2017 1:05:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Eh.. exfoliating part is average at best but I don't think this shape works because it's so easy to break, as it did for me.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

OK - this is a mixed review. I own the original AND the grapefruit exfoliates. They are quite different. I recommend the newer formulas (grapefruit and other flavours) but not the original.

You can immediately see by looking at the side of the stick that the exfoliating granules (chunky brown sugar) are more highly concentrated at the tip than at the base. Sometimes you get 'stuck' at a certain place in the stick and need to rub it down with your finger because nothing has come off in awhile. It's coarse. It tastes like ELF lipstick (which I DO NOT enjoy).

So, Bleh on the original.

Yes to the newer versions. They use a more finely grained white sugar which gives a more even exfoliation over tr lip and actually feels more thorough to me. It tastes waaaay better (like grapefruit) an the while experience is smoother and more pleasant.

Two stars for original - I'm using mine up and won't rebuy.

Four stars for grapefruit. I love you grapefruit! I will definitely rebuy the newer formula and maybe try other flavours.

I use this nightly - lip balm, exfoliation, wipe off, thick lip balm for night.

My lips look waaaay better than they did before I started exfoliating and because I love lipstick (which does dry me out sometimes), I must exfoliate now.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I don't understand, did I get a bad batch? When I opened the tube, the top of the bullet had a thick layer of something hard, I had to scrape and scrape to get to the actual exfoliating bits. It does exfoliate ok but leaves my lips coated, which I really don't like. Also, not a fan of the packaging. Although a lot more expensive, I prefer the Lush type lip exfoliator.

on 4/23/2017 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my hg lip exfoliater. I have very dry, chapped lips, so I always have a tube of this on hand to help with dead skin. I've tried three of the varieties- the original, the mint and the cherry ones. The original is definitely my favorite because it's a lot coarser than the other two, having thicker chunks and does a more thorough job. The other varieties have a much finer texture, which might be ideal for people who don't want coarse texture. One gripe I have is that the tube does break off in some cases, but I don't have any problem sticking it back on. Honestly, for the $3 price tag this does such a good job that it's well worth the price.

on 4/10/2017 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product started out really well: it would gently slough off the dead skin and leave my lips amazingly soft and ready for the most drying of liquid lipsticks! However, after a few uses, it seems as though it ran out of those exfoliating granules. It feels as though the rough bits were only on the surface of the bullet so once that’s gone, all you have left is a moisturizing stick. Which isn’t a bad thing, but it doesn’t exfoliate which kinda defeats the purpose and I suppose I shouldn’t expect a miracle for the amazingly low price. That being said, I won’t repurchase this until I hear that they’ve improved the formula.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Just get it and thank me later. It is amazing.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

this is amazing especially for the price.. and it helps matte lipstick look amazing too!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

The original one is my favorite because it's very neutral. I don't worry as much about microscopic damage than I do with the fragrant ingredients of most of the other ones. It starts off kinda fine grained but then it gets coarser. My lips can handle that amount of coarseness but when they're really dry they need something more gentle. In those cases, since I don't want to scratch my lips out, I just use my favorite lip balm, let it soak in, then use the exfoliator on top of the lip balm. I'm pretty impressed by how well it holds it's shape, even down to the smallest stub. It's a go-to on my bathroom counter, in my purse, and in my car. It has a sweet taste which makes me want to lick my lips sometimes but it's not very strong. It's only $3 which is an absolute steal and you don't have to mix your own sugar concoction at home or dip into a little pot. My second favorite is the coconut one, it's very neutral also in taste and smell but it has a bit of a finer grain and more of the emollient base so it's great for when my lips are super dry and sensitive. I even leave it on for a little bit to help that moisture really sink in before lipstick application.

on 2/24/2017 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my go-to lip scrub for sloughing away dried, peeling skin off my lips. I am a long time user of regular square bullet as I've gone through four tubes of these for a year now. The regular one is brown with larger and coarse sugar particles with a slippery base. It does its job of reducing the dry patches on my lips despite being rough, but it does not taste good at all. I recently found the mint flavor and it's so much better than the regular one! The mint one taste true to its name and the sugar particles are much more fine. My lips look healthier after using this lip exfoliator and the best part is my fingers don't have to dip into any little pots. All I do is twist, gently scrub, and tissue off the residue for lovely soft lips. I highly recommend the mint one if you found the regular one to be too abrasive or bad tasting.