E.L.F. Studio Lip Exfoliator

E.L.F. Studio Lip Exfoliator
Studio Lip ExfoliatorStudio Lip ExfoliatorStudio Lip ExfoliatorStudio Lip Exfoliator

4.3

Sugar, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Ceresin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Tocopherol, Aspartame, Fragrance.

on 2/19/2017 5:20:00 PM

I love the pachaging on this. It is like a lipstick or lip balm, so it's portable and can be used out and about unlike messy jars of lip scrub. It works AMAZING in the first few uses, leaving lips smoothed and hydrated. However, after several uses the product is almost all sugar, barely any of the oils or moisturizers to distribute the sugar so it is harder to buff and it doesn't exfoliate as well, it starts to get irritating with lips left flaky. This product has so much potential. If it had less sugar and more moisturizers throughout the stick, this would be perfect. But for $4, you can't complain.

on 2/15/2017 2:04:00 PM

I first got this a few years ago and just thought it was ok, nothing special, but used up a whole one. If I remember, correctly, I would do it before bed and apply chapstick on top. I recently bought it again because it gets so much hype, emily noel raves about it on YT and my lips are so unbelievably dry and flaky lately I figured why not, it's only $3. I honestly don't know why I just can't get into the hype of it. When I used it before I started my makeup and it was time to do lips, I just didn't feel like it really did much. Emily did say you can apply a lip balm and then use this if you don't see a lot of results.I did this once and didn't really see much of a difference still. I hate how my lips are so dry because I drink a ton of water and always use a heavy lip product at night. So I don't hate this product, just wish I got better results with it. I think maybe i'll try using it every night after I brush my teeth and then apply balm and see if that does any better. If this works then I would probably buy again If not, i'm probably better off just using a toothbrush or a homemade scrub lol. Worth the $3 if it works for you though!

on 2/14/2017 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This has been a constant staple for me since it's been out! Forget those $25-35 sugar lip exfoliants (Yea I'm talking about YOU Fresh!!) This right here is the REAL deal! Every night after you wash/moisturize your face, rub this on your lips, let it set for a few minutes and then wipe off. The next morning your lips with be soft and flake free. Also a must if you love liquid lippies. Best $3.00 you can spend.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is only 3 dollars and exfoliates lips SO WELL. It is basically brown sugar in solid oil. So when you swipe it on your lips, the sugar exfoliates and the oil softens your lips, and it tastes really sweet and natural. The only issue I have is the lipstick form is super fragile and I've broken several tips off by just gently pressing it to my lips, so careful not to break the tip off.

on 2/7/2017 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I've been using this about once a week for around 2-3 months. I use it on the lips as well as on the skin surrounding my lips because that area has small bumps that are only seen under magnification. This product does seem to be lessening the amount and size of those bumps.

Certainly the price is low, so it is worth a try. there is a distinctive taste; however, once it is rinsed off, it goes away. It is slowly becoming a must-have for me. I use it before in the shower before I wash my face, then rinse, and add lip balm / treatment after.

works well, got it as a reccommendation from a YouTuber. very cheap, does the job well, but I hate the taste. only complaint. I rub this in my lips before bed then rinse off with a washcloth. Works great, very affordable. the packaging is surprisingly sturdy! definitely worth a try.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is a really good product at its price point. I regularly apply lip balm but sometimes I need an extra push at eliminating minor chapping or flaking. This does the trick. The only thing that mildly peeves me is that it has a present chemical smell along with the sugar, but not to the point of not using it. It does taste okay but not an "OMG I must eat it!" level. I have yet to try the other flavors, so I can't judge on how they compare in taste to the original.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have this in the sweet cherry which is a mild sweet cherry scent. I like that the lip exfoliator is in a lipstick tube. Easy to use. Just wet lips, apply this lip scrub and massage in small circles onto lips. Wipe off with a damp cotton pad and you are done. It has micro scrubbing granules that do a mild, yet effective job at sloughing off dry skin patches. It does not leave a filmy residue on my lips nor does it dry out my lips like the Chapstick Total Hydration lip scrub does.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This product is amazing and exfoliated my dry ass lips so well leaving them fresh and smooth! It also smells like sweet vanilla and cherries. I'm not going to lie I was pretty tempted to take a big bite lol!!! Not to mention Great to travel with and I seen on the elf website that it is infused with Vitamin E, Shea Butter, Avocado, Grape and Jojoba Oils to nourish and protect. This Lip Exfoliator treats and smoothes lips for a conditioned and revitalised feel.

on 1/16/2017 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Such a steal! Amazing lip exfoliator for pretty much nothing. I have sweet cherry, and it smells and tastes amazing. It does such a great job scrubbing away all of the dead skin without being too messy. So compact and easy to use, I absolutely love it.