E.L.F. Studio Lip Exfoliator

E.L.F. Studio Lip Exfoliator
Studio Lip ExfoliatorStudio Lip ExfoliatorStudio Lip ExfoliatorStudio Lip Exfoliator

4.3

Sugar, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Ceresin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Tocopherol, Aspartame, Fragrance.

on 2/24/2017 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my go-to lip scrub for sloughing away dried, peelimg skin off my lips. I am a long time user of regular square bullet as I've gone through four tubes of these for a year now. The regular one is brown with larger, coarse sugar particles with a slippery base. It does its job of reducing the dry patches on my lips, but it does not taste good. I recently found the mint flavor and it's much better than the regular one! The mint one taste true to its name and the sugar particles are more fine. My lips look healthier after using this lip exfoliator and the best part is my fingers don't have to dip into any little pots. All I do is twist, gently scrub, and tissue off the residue for lovely soft lips. I highly recommend the mint one if you found the regular one to be too abrasive.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Great product for a steal of a price! Bought one for my sons dry lips too lol

on 2/24/2017 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The version i have is in a square tube. I don't know if I got a defective one but I can't use this. The sugar is soooo scratchy. I believe the base is not emollient enough for the size of the sugar crystals. It also tastes terrible and it's hard not to get it into your mouth. The sugar is OK....like brown sugar but the base tastes very chemically to me. The actual product also broke at the base. That has NEVER happened to me before. The tube itself is super luxe to the point where I believe all the cost of the product is in the packaging which is probably not that unusual. Even though the price is reasonable, I just can't "get with this". I prefer the tube style exfoliator from The Body Shop.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This product is like no other! I have never seen anything like this at the drugstore and e.l.f. has nailed it once again. I have the vanilla flavored one and I love it so much! It's great for getting the dry skin off your lips before putting on liquid lipsticks or matte lipsticks. I find them to also hydrate the lips and helps them feel smooth after wiping off the crystals. These are a drugstore hit!

on 2/19/2017 5:20:00 PM

I love the pachaging on this. It is like a lipstick or lip balm, so it's portable and can be used out and about unlike messy jars of lip scrub. It works AMAZING in the first few uses, leaving lips smoothed and hydrated. However, after several uses the product is almost all sugar, barely any of the oils or moisturizers to distribute the sugar so it is harder to buff and it doesn't exfoliate as well, it starts to get irritating with lips left flaky. This product has so much potential. If it had less sugar and more moisturizers throughout the stick, this would be perfect. But for $4, you can't complain.

on 2/15/2017 2:04:00 PM

I first got this a few years ago and just thought it was ok, nothing special, but used up a whole one. If I remember, correctly, I would do it before bed and apply chapstick on top. I recently bought it again because it gets so much hype, emily noel raves about it on YT and my lips are so unbelievably dry and flaky lately I figured why not, it's only $3. I honestly don't know why I just can't get into the hype of it. When I used it before I started my makeup and it was time to do lips, I just didn't feel like it really did much. Emily did say you can apply a lip balm and then use this if you don't see a lot of results.I did this once and didn't really see much of a difference still. I hate how my lips are so dry because I drink a ton of water and always use a heavy lip product at night. So I don't hate this product, just wish I got better results with it. I think maybe i'll try using it every night after I brush my teeth and then apply balm and see if that does any better. If this works then I would probably buy again If not, i'm probably better off just using a toothbrush or a homemade scrub lol. Worth the $3 if it works for you though!

on 2/14/2017 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This has been a constant staple for me since it's been out! Forget those $25-35 sugar lip exfoliants (Yea I'm talking about YOU Fresh!!) This right here is the REAL deal! Every night after you wash/moisturize your face, rub this on your lips, let it set for a few minutes and then wipe off. The next morning your lips with be soft and flake free. Also a must if you love liquid lippies. Best $3.00 you can spend.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is only 3 dollars and exfoliates lips SO WELL. It is basically brown sugar in solid oil. So when you swipe it on your lips, the sugar exfoliates and the oil softens your lips, and it tastes really sweet and natural. The only issue I have is the lipstick form is super fragile and I've broken several tips off by just gently pressing it to my lips, so careful not to break the tip off.

on 2/7/2017 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I've been using this about once a week for around 2-3 months. I use it on the lips as well as on the skin surrounding my lips because that area has small bumps that are only seen under magnification. This product does seem to be lessening the amount and size of those bumps.

Certainly the price is low, so it is worth a try. there is a distinctive taste; however, once it is rinsed off, it goes away. It is slowly becoming a must-have for me. I use it before in the shower before I wash my face, then rinse, and add lip balm / treatment after.

works well, got it as a reccommendation from a YouTuber. very cheap, does the job well, but I hate the taste. only complaint. I rub this in my lips before bed then rinse off with a washcloth. Works great, very affordable. the packaging is surprisingly sturdy! definitely worth a try.