E.L.F. Studio Lip Exfoliator

E.L.F. Studio Lip Exfoliator
Studio Lip ExfoliatorStudio Lip ExfoliatorStudio Lip ExfoliatorStudio Lip Exfoliator

4.3

Sugar, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Ceresin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Tocopherol, Aspartame, Fragrance.

on 8/10/2017 5:17:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This product is slightly expensive for what it is. I do like it how ever. It really makes my lips soft! I use it to prep when I use a liquid lip product. The original is my favorite, it exfoliates the best. With the others the granules are smaller and it isn't as effective. I wish there was a little more product in the tube. When you do buy this get it from Ulta or Target. I bought it from Forever 21 and it was $0.90 more expensive! Not a lot, but as a frugal shopper my heart sank a little. $3 is generally what I pay for it. If you can find a sale, stock up!

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I love it !!! Sure enough there isn't THAT much quantity in the product but for like, 4 canadian
$ and the miracles it does, nothing compares to it on the quality/price level. HOWEVER !!! Buy the sugar brown one. The flavored ones are nice but they do not exfoliate half as well as the original one ! My lifts are soft as a baby's butt because of it :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

It's cheap, has a nice scent/taste, exfoliates effectively, and comes in a decent package. However, I just wasn't wowed by it. I can get similar results using a soft washcloth.

on 5/20/2017 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love it!!!
I moisturise my lips regularly but I sometimes forget and my lips don't forgive me for it. Whatever the weather, if I don't moisturise them, they retaliate and go dry and flakey. I then nibble at the flakey bit on lips and make the whole situation ten times worse.
I saw the reviews for this and as it was highly thought of, I thought I would give it a go. I remember using a lip exfoliator years ago and it wasn't great so I didn't have massively high hopes. How wrong was I!!! This is really exfoliating but it doesn't make your lips sore afterwards. It's gritty and gets rid of all the dead dry skin, leaving lovely, soft and supple lips in its place. It even seemed to plump my lips up too. My boyfriend even noticed and commented!
I would avoid lipstick when my lips looked dry and flakey as it just seemed to emphasise the problem. Not any more! It's one of those product where I wish I'd bought a few more. One for the bathroom, one in the bedroom and one in my handbag! I will be buying more as I'm lazy and need these things at hand if I'm going to remember to use them.
I got the original one and it goes on clear which I like, tastes okay, quite sweet and does a very good job. I would definitely recommend and for the price, you can't go wrong!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this exfoliator - bought it about 7-8 times already. I can see why some people don't like it - might seem too harsh - however I have dry and chopped lips and it helps a lot to remove the dead skin. It works for me, so I'm not even interested in trying other products much. I love the price too, inexpensive but really works for my damaged lips. The texture is quite harsh, so if you don't like real exfoliation you probably won't like it.

on 4/26/2017 1:05:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Eh.. exfoliating part is average at best but I don't think this shape works because it's so easy to break, as it did for me.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

OK - this is a mixed review. I own the original AND the grapefruit exfoliates. They are quite different. I recommend the newer formulas (grapefruit and other flavours) but not the original. I just finished the original one.

After using a whole tube I can attest that the sugar goes to the bottom, even if it doesn't seem to from the side. Sometimes you get 'stuck' at a certain place in the stick and need to rub it down with your finger because nothing has come off in awhile. It's coarse. It tastes like ELF lipstick (which I DO NOT enjoy).

So, Bleh on the original.

Yes to the newer versions. They use a more finely grained white sugar which gives a more even exfoliation over tr lip and actually feels more thorough to me. It tastes waaaay better (like grapefruit) an the while experience is smoother and more pleasant.

Two stars for original - I have used mine up and won't rebuy.

Four stars for grapefruit. I love you grapefruit! I will definitely rebuy the newer formula and maybe try other flavours.

I use this nightly - lip balm, exfoliation, wipe off, thick lip balm for night.

My lips look waaaay better than they did before I started exfoliating and because I love lipstick (which does dry me out sometimes), I must exfoliate now.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I don't understand, did I get a bad batch? When I opened the tube, the top of the bullet had a thick layer of something hard, I had to scrape and scrape to get to the actual exfoliating bits. It does exfoliate ok but leaves my lips coated, which I really don't like. Also, not a fan of the packaging. Although a lot more expensive, I prefer the Lush type lip exfoliator.

on 4/23/2017 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my hg lip exfoliater. I have very dry, chapped lips, so I always have a tube of this on hand to help with dead skin. I've tried three of the varieties- the original, the mint and the cherry ones. The original is definitely my favorite because it's a lot coarser than the other two, having thicker chunks and does a more thorough job. The other varieties have a much finer texture, which might be ideal for people who don't want coarse texture. One gripe I have is that the tube does break off in some cases, but I don't have any problem sticking it back on. Honestly, for the $3 price tag this does such a good job that it's well worth the price.

on 4/10/2017 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product started out really well: it would gently slough off the dead skin and leave my lips amazingly soft and ready for the most drying of liquid lipsticks! However, after a few uses, it seems as though it ran out of those exfoliating granules. It feels as though the rough bits were only on the surface of the bullet so once that’s gone, all you have left is a moisturizing stick. Which isn’t a bad thing, but it doesn’t exfoliate which kinda defeats the purpose and I suppose I shouldn’t expect a miracle for the amazingly low price. That being said, I won’t repurchase this until I hear that they’ve improved the formula.