It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation

It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation

3.8

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Lauroyl Lysine, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Water, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Carica Papaya Fruit Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Vitis Vinifera Grape Seed Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Matricaria Flower Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Rosa Canina Flower Extract, Olea Europaea Olive Fruit Extract, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Silk Powder, Niacinamide, Retinyl Palmitate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesteryl Oleyl Carbonate, Cholesteryl Nonanoate, Cholesteryl Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20. May Contain: Iron Oxides.

on 9/23/2017 9:35:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I ordered this during Ulta’s 21 days of beauty on the day that it was half price - I was curious because I had seen some good reviews on it and at that price I couldn’t pass it up. I have combination skin with areas of large pores and occasional dry patches and breakouts and am 48 so definitely some aging effects going on too. It was fast and easy to apply with the urban decay optical blurring brush. I was quite impressed at the coverage and amazed it did not look powdery, dry or cakey at all- it looked so natural- I was really shocked! Everything I applied on top went on beautifully and I used my usual sprays- mario badescu to hydrate and ud all-nighter to set. It lasted all day with no problems. I’m sure I’ll be repurchasing this gem!

on 8/26/2017 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

My mom ordered this on QVC. She kept telling to try it. But I kept saying no.
I have never used powder foundation. I have super oily/sensitive skin. I didn't believe it
was really full coverage. I finally,albeit reluctantly, agreed to try it. I used it with my
trusty One Heck of a Blot primer. The QVC set came with a brush. My mom had an extra. I'm not crazy about the brush. However, I love this foundation. It is super easy to apply, it lasts all day, and covers everything I want covered. I will definitely repurchase

on 7/21/2017 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

It Cosmetics are hit or miss with me. I would call this Celebration Foundation a miss. :-(
The packaging is great, the color is great (medium), and the powder picks up easily on my powder brush. I don't think it is a bad product overall, I just think it is not compatible with my skin type. I use this as a finishing powder over my MAC Studiofix Fluid foundation, and it seems to magnify my pores. I have oily skin, and I am in my fifties; so my pores are visible and I also have some fine lines on my upper cheek bones. I can't use powder alone for coverage, not even powder foundations. I have been through enough brands (e.g. MAC, Bare Minerals, Laura Mercier, IT Cosmetics, etc.) to know that they just don't provide enough coverage for my rosacea, unless I pack them on- but then I look like a corpse. But I have been able to use some of the brands I mentioned as a finishing powder and they have worked quite well. Sadly, not this Celebration Foundation (CF). No matter what primer I use underneath, this CF seems to "wake up" my pores upon application. It's really weird, because I have never had this happen with a powder before! I prime my skin and apply liquid foundation, and my face looks smooth and poreless! I just want to top it off with a little powder to keep the oilies away longer, but as soon as I buff CF on... THERE GO MY PORES! Ugh! I can't explain that one, folks, but that is *exactly* what happens! I have used this many times and in many different ways, and it just doesn't work for me. IT Cosmetics powder blushes and bronzers are among the best I have ever tried! But unfortunately, their powder foundations are a "no go" for me.

on 1/6/2017 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I recently discovered It Cosmetics and really fell for the CC cream but even with concealer, I need more coverage for old acne scarring and redness. Using powder to set it wasn't cutting it, so I tried Celebration dry foundation instead. My steps are moisturizer, CC cream, a touch of concealer then the dry foundation. While I need to mix two colors of the CC cream to get a good match, the medium Celebration foundation is just right, it provides the additional coverage I need and miraculously doesn't look cakey on my dry skin. I mist it with Mario Badescue facial spray and this combination lasts all day without changing color or settling into pores/wrinkles. If I'm in a hurry, I can just use Celebration foundation over moisturizer and the coverage is really good, it doesn't look powdery at all. Very happy with this product.

on 7/6/2017 11:51:00 AM

I never buy anything on QVC but after watching this product demonstration I was excited to order. Well I feel like every Marketing Companies Dream Customer. My skin isn't bad at all, yet this product offered NO coverage nor benefit. I honestly thought I had left the plastic film on the product when I looked at my skin in my magnified lighted makeup mirror! Where is it?? The brush was nice and soft but not worth the money I paid for them! What?? No thank you. Save your hard earned money ladies. 😡

on 1/28/2017 9:52:00 AM

I loved the way it made my skin look bright and flawless when I first applied it. However, I glanced in the mirror a couple of hours later and saw that my face looked like the texture of an orange peel and that lines I didn't even know I had appeared. In my experience, if you are in a hurry and plan to be home before Cinderella's carriage turns into a pumpkin, you are okay.

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

I bought this after watching a video on YouTube. Since sephora was having its annual 20% off I thought why not give it a shot.

I bought this at SGD48 original price SGD60 in light. When I first applied this using my koyudo flat top brush I thought it's gonna be another waste of money as it kinda emphasized on my pores and application was not smooth, like it was floating.

The texture was weird as compared to other powders which I've used. It seems kinda wet and difficult to blend. But the coverage was awesome.

10 mins later when I checked the mirror, I was like "wow!" The floating powder syndrome was gone! What was left is perfectly applied makeup which covered all my redness!.

The coverage lasted till noon and reverted to its original state after applying my GA luminous compact powder. As I normally would have to wash off all my makeup and reapply a fresh coat in the evening (I was going out that night), I looked into the mirror and wow the makeup was still there! So I touched up using the celebration foundation and voila! Beautiful skin again with no patchiness whatsoever.

So yes I'll definitely buy it again as its so convenient as compared to using liquid foundations!

on 8/20/2016 5:38:00 PM

Well this pressed powder foundation is certainly not what I had hoped for. First of all, the color "light" is not that light and is more of a medium-light. The pink undertone in this product really did not go well with my yellow undertones. It was very obvious that I was wearing a layer of makeup. It did go on easily but did not stay put. As time went on, the oil from my Tzone did not mix well with this foundation. It looked greasy, dirty, and started to separate. Blotting only carried off the foundation since is extremely transferable when it's greasy. So blotting made me matte again but with no foundation left. Overall big dissapointment...see if you can get a sample or try it somewhere before buying. And don't buy it from first impressions! Try it for at least a full day.

Some people were able to make this work by putting on primers and loose powders and over liquid foundation but I'm not someone who likes to put on several layers of makeup. I use Revlon colorstay and one layer last me a good 10 hours and a fraction of the price. This stuff isn't cheap to add to it all!

However I would recommend this for dry skin girls who have pink undertone...

on 6/15/2016 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation qualifies for the "holy sh*#!" face. The kind that you think is looking decent in low lighting, but you catch yourself in natural light and you look shocking. In this case, I looked incredibly cakey and my skin looked decades older. Almost as if I had Hollywood aging makeup on. I tried taking it off and it smeared easily, but was not easy to remove overall.
The good:
-wonderfully pale shade for my ghost-like yellow-toned skin. I'm grateful for this, as it's rare!
-great coverage for a powder
- nice, convenient packaging
The bad:
-VERY aging
-cakey-looking
-smears easily

I will experiment with applying this, as other reviewers seem to have better success!

on 9/5/2016 5:02:00 AM

I bought this a few days ago and have been experimenting. I really don't think it lives up to the claims on the box. It really is average at best. There is no way this is a full coverage foundation unless you apply several layers and then it becomes too cakey looking. I have been using the It Cosmetics CC cream and love that so I am very disappointed that this product did not meet up with my expectations.

UPDATE: I have been experimenting with this foundation and although I don't like it on me as a stand alone product I have been using it with my It Cosmetics CC cream. I have found it actually is a nice finish if I apply a layer of the CC cream first and then I use the Celebration foundation in areas where I feel I need more coverage. I am currently pregnant and my freckles have become more prominent than usual and the CC cream alone is not enough coverage. The products actually blend well together. I just wait a while after CC cream to apply Celebration to let it set a bit. I don't place it under my eyes because I think an extra layer there will cause settling into lines e.t.c. I mainly use on my cheeks, nose and chin where I have redness that sometimes breaks through. I have to say the combination lasts all day without the need for touch ups.