Maybelline Color Sensational in Nude Nuances 865

Maybelline Color Sensational in Nude Nuances 865
Color Sensational in Nude Nuances 865

4.4

on 4/19/2017 8:21:00 AM

I got this as a gift and have been using it a lot. On me, it's a matte, light brown nude. It's a good, casual everyday color for errands and a lazy day at the mall. I would purchase again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Edited to add: Something I'd like to warn everyone considering this exact shade, is that you'll likely have to track it down online. I bought mine off ebay. It is a discontinued shade. Maybelline decided to eff up big time and name another one of there shades Nude Nuance #657. This has confused a lot of people. If the label doesn't say 865 on it - you're buying the wrong one. NUDE NUANCE 657 IS A MATTE SHADE. I personally find the matte trend to be disgusting on my dry lips. Maybelline bragged about converting a lot of prior popular shades into their matte line. Lust for Blush used to be a Color Whisper, Ravishing Rose used to be a normal colorsensational lipstick. But the problem with the matte line is, besides for the drying formula, THE SHADES ARE NOT IDENTICAL. A lot of the matte shades are darker than the originals.
-----------------------------Original review:

I bought this lipstick based off 2 things. 1.) Maybelline ColorSensational is my favorite drugstore formula for lipsticks. and 2.) The color is reportedly a dupe for MAC's Hue.

I'm not crazy about MAC's lipsticks formulas to be completely honest. I find them to be lacking pigment and moisture. Luckily the Maybelline ColorSensational line in particular has never given me either problem. I wasn't much of a lipstick gal until I learned there are balmy formulas on the market, proper for my chronic dry lips. Nude Nuances is alike all the other shades: pigmented, creamy, and moisturizing.

Nude Nuances 865 is a light peachy pink nude. I am NC10 and it looks great on me. I think both warm and cool toned ladies could pull this off. However I think darker skintones might be better off taking a look at Maybelline Colorsensational's Buffs line as it offers similar shades - but deeper in color.

on 11/8/2014 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I saw a picture of this and found out that it was limited addition. I ended up finding it and buying it on Amazon. I am in love with it. I have really naturally bright lips and this is the perfect lipstick to tone them down. It isn't drying and lasts really well. It has that classic lipstick scent, but I personally like that. I am about to run out and am going to buy another.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

This was a LE lipstick from Maybelline in Spring 2012. I really like this product, it provides a less-opaque and more pink version of my go-to "concealer" lips lipstick, Myth. More wearable for day, in my opinion. Shame this was LE.

on 7/3/2012 6:35:00 PM

I hated the color & the texture.

on 7/1/2012 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I cannot stop wearing this color! It a pretty pinky nude that shows up more peachy on me than pink. It could be that my lips are very pigmented or my lighting though. I have seen it look pinker on other people on YouTube. The smell can be a tiny bit annoying, but the color is so nice that I just tolerate it. Also, I absolutely love the frosted packaging. It's gorgeous on all levels!!!

on 6/20/2012 6:39:00 PM

IN LOVE with this nude shade and I am praying Maybelline makes this line permanent. I'm a sucker for nude shades and have quite a collection and I have to say this color is one of my favorites. It does not wash me out and it has some pink undertones to it that makes it very wearable. I love the formula of this lipstick even more so than one of my favorite Mac lipsticks (Creme De Nude).

on 6/5/2012 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

DUPE, DUPE, DUPE?! So is it MAC--Hue? --CremeCup?--Angel?-- Innocence, Beware? or Lancome's Pale Petal??? Idk, I cant decide either. But it is a gorgeous natural (not exactly nude) but a salmon-y cool toned pink. Most are too lavender/ blue for my taste but this is wearable. Super creamy formula with a satin finish. It's LE only so make sure to hunt it down while it lasts.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Love this lipstick! This reminds me my fav Mac lipstick in Hue but little bit cooler. If you love nude or light pinky lipsticks, try this out.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is an amazing dupe for one of my FAV MAC lipsticks....Creme Cup! Its such a great color for a drugstore brand nude. It isn't too pale nor beige-y.... def a must have if yuo're into the Pink Nudes!

Popular Lipsticks