Hada Labo Arbutin Whitening Milk

Hada Labo Arbutin Whitening Milk

2.2

Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Triethylhexanoin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Arbutin, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Carbomer, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Methylparaben, PEG-20 Sorbitan Isostearate, Pentylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Triethanolamine, Xanthan Gum

on 4/24/2017 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I was really worried about purchasing this product because I read several poor reviews on MUA. People reviewing both the milk and the toner shared horror stories of irritation and break outs. I had already placed my order when I found these reviews so I was resigned to having to use this product on my legs instead of my face. While this product is a major fail for some folks it works so well for my extremely oily but dehydrated skin. I find most moisturizer are too thick for my skin, especially in the summer months when I wear thicker sunscreen. This product is thin and milky textured. One swipe of your fingers and it turns into a wet, thin gel. It absorbs almost instantly. If you use too much it can be slightly tacky. I find I need very little to leave my skin plump and moisturized (like 2-3 drops). Even on the warmest summer days this feels so comfortable on my skin. I can use in the winter under sunscreen in the day time but I like to use a slightly thicker moisturizer at night. I have experienced no irritation or breakouts but I have never been acne prone to begin with, so take this with a grain of salt. As for it brightening effects, I have seen a improvement in the tone and evenness of my skin but I attribute this to my serums the use of AHAs. This emulsion is more like a supporting player. I love this stuff and I'm ordering a backup. It has not worked for many people but it did work for me.

on 6/2/2016 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I bought this after using the Arbutin lotion and without studying the ingredients. My fault.
Within 2 days of night use, my clear skin started to get a rash of clogged pores. Left it off last night and this morning gone.
Not really a huge fail as from my research there is a higher concentration of Arbutin in the lotion rather than the emulsion.
I will use this up on my legs, and see if my knees lighten up.

I purchased the whitening trial kit range to test out during a short trip to Bangkok. This product caused me to breakout all over my chin despite using only for 4 days. Definitely hell for people with sensitive skin. I had since researched and realized one of the ingredients arbutin might be the culprit.

on 12/3/2012 6:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

i've been searching good toner and moisturizer and spent a year with bump-ed skin,blemish full,and bad acne..and this moisturizer wont help much with it..just brightens up my skin and lighten my acne scar.. what i hate is the acne..its quiet pricey too..around RM55++ in malaysia.. overall,i wont buy this product again..such a mess..i doubt people with oily/combo skin wont like this..but its really moisturizing..so sad my skin didnt like it..

i'd like try the SHA lotion and neutrogena sensitive/combination oil-free moisturizer..and will stick with my clean & clear clear fairness cleanser and my fair & lovely multivitamin cream to clear my acne marks..

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used this with the Hada Labo whitening lotion in my day and night skin care routines. It does temporarily whiten and moisturize....but I broke out with cystic acne within a week. The ingredients are also questionable....I'm trying to be more careful with what I put on my face and body. Will not repurchase.

Popular Face Skincare Products