Exederm

No Image

3.0

on 5/1/2014 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had an extremely irritated scalp when I began to use this. My hair was beginning to fall out... A lot. I bought this in desperation, because everything else seemed to exasperate the problem. I have to say, so far so good. My scalp is calming down nicely, I still feel a little scratchy, but much less than before. Hopefully it is fully on the mend . It doesn't spread as well as normal shampoos,so more product is needed to get the job done. It will leave your hair squeaky clean, so none of the gross oily leftovers that I got from other products for sensitive skin. I actually find that quite refreshing. The conditioner has a weird feel to it when applied, it feels very emollient. I was incredibly skeptical when I first tried it... But it leaves my hair very soft. You do not get a lot for your money; 13 bucks for a relatively small bottle of shampoo that you have to use a sizable amount of... I still think it is worth it.
I am a new client though, so I will update as a month or two passes.

on 5/21/2012 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Exederm is a line for those with eczema and dermatitis. Its products are hypoallergenic and approved by the National Eczema Association.
My scalp is dry and easily irritated, and my hair is slightly dry, so I thought this shampoo would be perfect for me.
Unfortunately, this shampoo, which I expected to be moisturizing, made my scalp and hair dry. My scalp itched and my hair was so dry I had to wash and condition with a very moisturizing shampoo and conditioner (Neutrogena Triple Moisture) the following day, and I left the conditioner on for five minutes.

Popular Shampoos