Quo Quo by Orly Nail Polish - Tease

No Image

4.5

Got this in a pack of 18 mini polishes from Quo. This is a mid-tone "peachy pink" that looks coral against my very pale toes. Very pretty. The finish is creamy, not shimmery, and I found it hard to apply without streaks. It's worth the effort though.

It's the perfect color for fingertips, or a subtle color for toes. If you want a bolder coral/red, try Cream Pop in the same line.

So far the wear seems decent although polish doesn't usually chip on my toenails so it's hard to tell.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Product's Claims: True or False?
1) Fast drying: True
2) Long lasting: True
3) High gloss: True

Packaging:
The polish has a long black rubberized handle with a slight inward curvature. The bottle is clear glass with four distinct edges - these and their corners are rounded off - and there is a bit of roundness to each of the sides. These design features make the bottle very comfortable to hold in my hand while opening and the opening of the bottles is very easy overall. You can find the name of the polish on a sticker on the bottom of the bottle, and there's a large white Q stamped on the top of the cap. Where the packaging lacks a bit is in the brush. It works well for me but the brush overall does look a bit cheap in comparison to the rest of the bottle as the bristles are not cut evenly (some bottles are more pronounced than others in this, but they all seem to have that same unevenness). This doesn't seem to affect application for me. The brush is long and slender, but I feel like it's just slightly too slender for its length and could benefit from a bit of added width, but overall I have no issues with applying polishes from this brand with its brush.

Formula:
Tease is a bright yet dusty pink shade. I'm finding it hard to accurately describe the colour, but it pulls deeper on my nails than in the bottle (slight difference only). I would say that it's similar to a watermelon shade but less red. It's a cream finish but a little less opaque than the other polishes in the brand I've tried. Its consistency is very easy to work with as it's on the thinner, watery side but it doesn't pool into my cuticles while applying.

Performance:
Because of the slightly less opaque formula I find that three coats creates a nicer finish, but colour payoff is about the same between two and three coats - if wearing alongside other fully opaque polishes (currently wearing an alternating pattern) three coats will be desired. It goes on very smoothly and evenly without brush strokes. Any ridges in my nails don't seem to be obvious/visible while wearing this polish. Dry time for the polish, as with all others in the brand, is very quick even with more coats. Worn over my Orly Bonder BC the wear seems to be very good - I'm on day three of my mani and I've yet to see even tip wear. No chips, it's wearing well around my cuticles as well.

Bang for your Buck:
14ml/0.48 oz for $10.00CAD at Shoppers Drug Mart. This is definitely a pricier offering, although most who shop at Shoppers will know that Shopper's brands are often on the pricier side compared to other drug stores. Seems to be similar in price and product amount as brands such as OPI, so it's definitely not a big splurge.

Final Thoughts:
This is a really nice addition to the Quo by Orly line. It's a great pink against my peachier skin tone and is definitely fun for summer. I am pleased with the quality, as always, and definitely recommend!
* Overall Rating: 4.5/5