Sephora TANGERINE TANGO

No Image

3.0

on 1/23/2013 10:17:00 PM

I was so excited to see this color go on sale at Sephora...I picked it up and tried it right away. I had been looking for that 'perfect' orange color and this was it!

However, the joy stops there. Indeed, this is a beautiful color. It's rich and very pigmented. Putting it on was difficult to say the least. The lid is so round it's hard to get a decent trip on it...I dropped it twice while painting. The brush is small and doesn't coat the nail nicely. The drying time is 'meh', not too slow but not speedy either.

Once it dries, it loses some of the shine, which is disappointing as I often don't use a topcoat (most of my polishes survive just fine without one) and it chips very, very easily. Luckily removal is a breeze.

I'm glad I didn't pay full price for this or I would have been even more irked.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a review for the Sephora+Pantone Tangerine Tango nail polish set. It comes with 4 bottles - one creme, one flat, one light glimmer topcoat, one full on glimmer top coat.

Basically I would use the creme alone or with the light glimmer top coat. The flat I would use with the heavy glitter top coat. Now, here is the thing. USE A BASE COAT because the flat definitely stains the nails. I apply two coats of the flat and it dries really quickly, then glob on the glitter so you only need the one coat, again dries super quick, and all this on top of a base coat and no other top coat needed. Very nice color and look for nights.

For day, I would use the creme but you need a top coat, so either your own or use the light glitter one, it really is sparse glitter.

The color is the true PANTONE Color of the Year Tangerine Tango and when compared to Chanel's Holiday, it has less red. Holiday is almost an exact dupe outside of the drop of red they add which actually looked like that red stuff left over after boiling something red...I don't know but my son could not stand that touch of red! But the true Tangerine Tango is perfect - I can wear it to work and it seems to fit right in. This is a fantastic color for the year super happy super nice.

Consistency of the the polish is ok but I do not like the brush. Watch for gooping. Doesn't last a long time either, so prepare for chips - second day I would use a regular top coat to protect and every second day after that.

I put I would but it again because I bought it, but not sure I would as I will want something new. They should change that question to: are you glad you bought it? Most people don't buy the same shade twice or it isn't available again!

Popular Polishes