Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

on 6/19/2018 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Eyes: Violet

I received the Garnier SkinActive BB cream approximately two weeks ago and began using it immediately. The packaging that it comes it is very colorful, eye catching and informative. I was very impressed by the amount of information listed on the outside of the little box which basically left me in no doubt of what the product contained, what it was primarily for, benefits etc. I often find other products leave a person in doubt of exactly what something specifically does until you have purchased it and opened it. I would give this product 5 stars on presentation and packaging.
As for the product itself, I will list the pros and cons that I found:
PROS:
- Garnier SkinActive BB is very light and creamy and blends into the skin easily.
- It does not leave your skin feeling clogged or greasy. Its more like you just used a very light moisturizer.
- Although I typically suffer from dry skin and this product is specifically listed for oily or combination skin, I didn't find that my skin was any more dry by using it than normal. In other words, I didn't need to use additional moisturizer in spite of this not being specifically designed for dry skin.
- I found my skin looked smooth and even complected without any other product applied.
- I liked knowing that I had sunscreen on without having to remember to apply it. I apply moisturizer at least once a day anyways so it was nice not having to take extra steps but knowing I was protected.
- There was very little scent to the product but what there was is very light and fresh.

CONS:
- The one complaint I have is the specific color of the product. While I do not consider myself as having particularly dark skin and am not as tan as I can often get in the summertime, this product was much lighter than my natural skin tone. I would honestly say it seemed more like a LIGHT tone than a Light/Medium as it is listed. I went to several local stores searching for this product in a deeper tone but could only ever find it in this same Light/Medium. It made my face much lighter than the rest of my skin and gave me a rather sickly, pale appearance. I continued using the product in spite of this fact so that I could honestly see what it was like in all other respects but was not able to go out in public with just this on due to its very light tone.

I gave this product only 4 stars in spite of being very impressed overall with it simply for the issue with the color. Honestly I would not purchase this product in the future unless I could find it in other color options that would better match my skin tone.
I did not take before and after photos of myself using this product because of this color issue for my skin. If your natural skin tone is fairly light, I would absolutely recommend this product!

on 1/13/2017 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I brought this to use on my days off when I don't want to wear makeup. The colour is fantastic and the feeling of this product is good but no staying power and bad packaging.

I have found using a finishing powder on top has helped a little but still finding it slightly oily by lunch.

Pros: oil free, cheap, available everywhere.

Cons: the packaging, the staying power.

Overall an okay product that is a great introduction to the world of BB creams.

on 10/30/2016 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I used to love this in my mind twenties when my skin was just oily, but since I became combination with a bit of dryness, it just makes my skin really uncomfortable.

Pros: Very light, runny consistency great for oily skin. Great coverage for a bb (medium). looks very natural when it melts into the skin. It's also super affordable.

Cons: Very strong yellow undertone across all shades. This is not a con for me because I'm olive, but a lot of people won't find a shade for them in the range. It's not very long lasting and it transfers. It also oxidizes up to 2 shades so I could only use it in the summer. It has no moisturizing properties. Unless you're a purely oily or normal type, it will accentuate any dryness you may have and will make your skin feel super uncomfortable.

on 8/27/2015 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am LOVING this product. I was nervous about trying a drugstore base product. I breakout easy and tend to stay with high end brands. I also have a hard time finding drugstore foundations that match my warm tone skin. Everything always looks pink on me. I was looking for something to wear on my skin for days that I'm home with my toddler. Days when I want to look presentable while I run errands, but don't have the time/energy/desire to go through my foundation/concealer routine. I wanted something I could quickly smooth on with my fingers, brush on some bronzer and blush and be done and have enough coverage to feel pretty and put together. I think I found it. My usual problem with BB/CC/tinted moisturizer creams is they have no staying power on my combo oily skin. Somehow this magical product stays ALL DAY on my skin with little oil breakthrough. Wore it all day today and spent some time at the park in the sun. Despite sweating and the fact that it's been 8 hours, my skin still looks practically perfect. It's staying power is comparable to my Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation....and those are some big shoes to fill. The color selection is crappy, I will agree there. The light/medium works for well enough for me though if I just warm it up a bit with some bronzer. If you're lucky enough to find a color match, this is a product is awesome.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. This suddenly broke me out so insanely bad. Painful cysts EVERYWHERE. I stopped using this 2 weeks ago and my poor skin is still healing. I will never let this come anywhere near my face again. Dissappointed.

on 6/4/2015 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

dries to a matte finish! - love!!
I have very d4y skin so i moisturize my face and then apply this, after 6 hours it does come up flakey on my dryness but it works wonders

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS SO SO MUCH I RECCOMEND IT TO EVERYONE! It's a moisturiser that gives a healthy glow to my skin! Bye bye heavy foundation! My skin can breathe and it doesn't make me break out!

on 1/3/2015 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This has been my go-to BB Cream... Repurchased at least 5 times. I just bought a fresh tube this week and they've changed the formula :( It's now much thicker (like the original, non-combo skin version), and I'm disappointed. They did improve the packaging though, with a flip cap instead of a twist off. I might not buy again if this is the new norm. Sad because this oily skin version was amazing.

on 12/6/2014 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have normal skin and my skin tone is somewhat light to medium. I have tried the original formula and it was ok. But the combination to oily skin formula is wonderful. Cannot believe the coverage this formula gives considering it is such a thinner consistency. I only need a little bit and it is amazing. I have a full cabinet with all kinds of makeup foundation from high end to drugstore and this is the one I have been using. This does not make my face look cakey at all. It gives a nice soft glow. At first when I apply it, it seems light for my skin but after applying the rest of my makeup it seems to blend in really well. I'm amaze that this makes my skin look natural. You can still see my skin through this bb cream. The only issue I have is that you need to stand the tube straight up otherwise it will leak out since it's a very thin formula otherwise this is a great bb cream . I will purchase again. Remember to apply little at a time since it's full coverage.A little goes a long way.

on 10/25/2014 7:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

Okay first of all ive already gone through 3 tubes of this product... this product is amazing for everyday use and school. i love this bb cream since it has an amazing coverage for a bb cream, super affordable, and last about 6-8 hours with touch ups. Even though i am someone who has super oily skin and had used this through all the weather changers, and it was amazing. But the thing i dont like about it is it did make me look more yellow and it was very noticeable if u missed a spot on your face. i still highly recommend this product, and still wear if i dont wanna wear foundation or if its to hot and humid for a full face. :)

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I had originally tried the original, which left me super oily, didn't have much coverage. So when this came out, I got excited. I had originally decided to try it in the shade "medium dark" since normally I'm matched to the darkest colours in BB creams, foundations etc... So I bought it and at first I thought it was great colour match, however this product oxidizes and it left me looking like an Oompa Loompa. So I didn't use it again. I finally found the "light medium" shade and tried that. Perfect match after it sets. The coverage is must heavier than the original, almost medium to full. The consistency is a lot more liquidy, and leaves you with a natural looking finish. I don't use concealer when I use this, because I don't feel like I need it. However, this has it's cons as well. Because it is so liquidy, it leaves a mess in the cap after awhile, so I'm not a ran of the packaging. The product oxides so if you're able to try it and it looks like a perfect match at first, I'd