Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

on 6/19/2018 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Eyes: Violet

I received the Garnier SkinActive BB cream approximately two weeks ago and began using it immediately. The packaging that it comes it is very colorful, eye catching and informative. I was very impressed by the amount of information listed on the outside of the little box which basically left me in no doubt of what the product contained, what it was primarily for, benefits etc. I often find other products leave a person in doubt of exactly what something specifically does until you have purchased it and opened it. I would give this product 5 stars on presentation and packaging.
As for the product itself, I will list the pros and cons that I found:
PROS:
- Garnier SkinActive BB is very light and creamy and blends into the skin easily.
- It does not leave your skin feeling clogged or greasy. Its more like you just used a very light moisturizer.
- Although I typically suffer from dry skin and this product is specifically listed for oily or combination skin, I didn't find that my skin was any more dry by using it than normal. In other words, I didn't need to use additional moisturizer in spite of this not being specifically designed for dry skin.
- I found my skin looked smooth and even complected without any other product applied.
- I liked knowing that I had sunscreen on without having to remember to apply it. I apply moisturizer at least once a day anyways so it was nice not having to take extra steps but knowing I was protected.
- There was very little scent to the product but what there was is very light and fresh.

CONS:
- The one complaint I have is the specific color of the product. While I do not consider myself as having particularly dark skin and am not as tan as I can often get in the summertime, this product was much lighter than my natural skin tone. I would honestly say it seemed more like a LIGHT tone than a Light/Medium as it is listed. I went to several local stores searching for this product in a deeper tone but could only ever find it in this same Light/Medium. It made my face much lighter than the rest of my skin and gave me a rather sickly, pale appearance. I continued using the product in spite of this fact so that I could honestly see what it was like in all other respects but was not able to go out in public with just this on due to its very light tone.

I gave this product only 4 stars in spite of being very impressed overall with it simply for the issue with the color. Honestly I would not purchase this product in the future unless I could find it in other color options that would better match my skin tone.
I did not take before and after photos of myself using this product because of this color issue for my skin. If your natural skin tone is fairly light, I would absolutely recommend this product!

on 9/16/2016 3:07:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

I am very happy with this purchase.I previously used the Aldi BB cream and found it was excellent however the results were far less impressive if I had sunscreen on under it. My face looked shiny and it failed to last.

I often wear a heavy sunscreen and I have been really happy with the results of this BB cream over a 50+ UV cream. It lasts longer, with good coverage and doesn't result in the shinny, oily look

I have also been happy with how good the coverage is and how fair it makes me look. Maybe its because i'm in Australia but I get non of the 'orange' quality others have noted - quite the opposite.

Video Reviews & Tutorials