Garnier SkinActive 5-in-1 Miracle Perfector BB Cream Oil-Free - Light/Medium

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Garnier SkinActive 5-in-1 Miracle Perfector BB Cream Oil-Free - Light/Medium
SkinActive 5-in-1 Miracle Perfector BB Cream Oil-Free - Light/MediumSkinActive 5-in-1 Miracle Perfector BB Cream Oil-Free - Light/MediumGarnier BB Cream - Combination & Oily Skin

3.5

on 1/15/2017 12:17:00 AM

For starters, I'm not big of wearing foundation on an everyday basis, and I have hyperpigmentation and some facial discoloration that I want to cover up. I wanted an everyday "foundation" that was light and easy to apply, and would even out my skin tone, while also providing a good SPF for my pale skin.

This BB cream was a lifesaver, especially because it keeps me matte the WHOLE day, something I couldn't find in other BB creams. It also has WAY more coverage than I have found in any other BB cream, while still being at a (somewhat) reasonable price for drugstore. $12 is a little pricey for my college budget, but is still doable for a product that I love like this one.

The ONLY cons are the packaging -- the tube tends to overflow quite often, especially when removing the cap. It can get really messy quick, and I hate wasting the product. Another con is the color-- I am *extremely* pale, and the lightest color does oxidize a bit, and is too dark for me. I've heard that there is a Fair shade, but I haven't seen it in stores.

I honestly hope they never stop making this, because it really is the perfect BB cream for me. I've tried others, and I just keep coming back to this. It's so easy to apply (I honestly just use my clean fingers half the time if I'm really in a rush), and gives me the coverage I need, while helping control my combination skin throughout the day. It also photographs beautifully! Highly recommend!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I guess I've just had good luck with this product - it's the best foundation for my needs that I've found. I've used it for the past 4 years. My mom gave me the normal-skin kind and I found that it was too highly scented and slipped right off of my face. I bought the combination-oily version on a whim and it has a less creamy finish and a much lighter scent. It doesn't feel like a moisturizing BB cream, more like a light foundation. It doesn't dry my skin out or make it overly greasy.

This BB cream doesn't last much past the end of the work day, but behaves well when set with powder and blotted. It has enough pigment to cover under-eye circles and minor redness, but additional concealer is needed for stubborn zits. It's no Revlon Colorstay if coverage and staying power are your priorities, but it DOESN'T MAKE ME BREAK OUT!! :D which for me outweighs the 8-hour wear time and a few dabs of concealer. It washes off easily with Cerave foaming cleanser.

It has a yellow cast which is perfect for my NC30 skin and for concealing redness, though YMMV if you have very pink-toned skin.

on 9/25/2016 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

PROS:
- Lasts all day
- Full coverage
- Doesn't break me out
- Natural looking
- Doesn't crease or cake

CONS:
- Must exoliate if you have dry patches
- Doesn't actually control oil
- Quite expensive where I live (but a bottle lasts forever)
- Shade is pretty orange (Light medium)

I swear i get more compliments on my skin when I wear this than when i'm wearing an actual foundation. This stuff is perfect for everyday wear, because it doesn't ever break me out. It's pretty pricey where i live (15$) but granted, i've had my bottle for nearly two years and used it everyday for school for many months and it seems like there's still a lot of product left. I have a lot of red acne scars and it covers up EVERYTHING, i never have to spot conceal, people can't believe i'm just wearing a bb cream because it's so full coverage.

Reading the claims off Garniers website:
controls shine - nope
minimizes pores - yes
evens skin tone - yes
hydrates - as long as you don't have super dry patches, yes
helps prevent sunburn - yes

A few more detailed cons;
~This stuff is seriously liquidy. The bottle becomes a mess and you have to store this stuff lid up. The regular garnier bb cream is a thick mousse like texture and this is straight up watery. That being said, it still is crazy full coverage and not streaky, just be warned it's super messy and Not a product you can keep in a purse or makeup Bag
~ This doesn't do anything for oil control. Nothing at all. I have crazy oily skin, but i wear milk of magnesia as primer so that doesn't matter to me anymore. That's the only reason i can imagine that people don't like this product it doesn't do the main thing that it claims.
~ this is not a product for people with dry skin. in the wintertime when I get dry patches I need to exfoliate them like crazy because this makes my skin so dry in the winter.

on 1/22/2016 5:38:00 PM

I love this product! I have it in light/clair and the colour is great, easy to build. I use this as my daily foundation as its very light, doesnt cake or cling to dry patches which I love. Can be used for pretty much any occasion.

Pros: - very buildable - 2-3 layers is med-full coverage.
- covers redness very well
- not cakey
- Doesnt cling to dry patches
- Easy to remove
- doesnt break me out
- Liquidy, a little goes a long way. One tube lasts a long time!

Cons: - You have to set this with a powder other wise slightly sticky

on 6/8/2015 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

AMAZING COVERAGE, LASTS ALL DAY, MAKES YOUR SKIN BEAUTIFUL, NOT OILY

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS SO SO MUCH I RECCOMEND IT TO EVERYONE! It's a moisturiser that gives a healthy glow to my skin! Bye bye heavy foundation! My skin can breathe and it doesn't make me break out!

on 12/8/2014 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this stuff for my very oily skin. It does get a little shiny, but it has amazing coverage and blend-ability. However, the color is too orange on me. It works for summer, but the product I feel would be better for winter, they just don't have a light enough shade.

Total game changer! Incredibly light texture that gives good coverage and looks natural. I was able to skip moisturizer and powder. My skin looks better in this than any other foundation I own (20+). It held up to my oily skin for 5 hrs before I needed to blot. It's pricey for drugstore but you get 2 oz instead of the usual 1 oz tube.

on 12/1/2014 6:59:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product! I use it everyday and apply with my fingers, texture is quite liquidish. It has a light coverage so I mostly use it then my skin is in a good shape (if not I use foundation to cover everything). But works good with my concealer if needed (for undereyes or some spots) but can be used on it's own. Stays very well all day long however I do use setting powder on top of it and I have to refresh the powder every 4 - 5 hours or I start to shine like a vampire from the twilight (but it's the same with every foundation/BB cream for me so no surprise). Also one bottle goes a long way even if you use it everyday. I'ld say it's a bit pricy for Garnier product but worth the money (especially if you get it on sale!). I also like that it doesn't have a strong chemical artficial scent. Overall, very good product, highly recommend to try it out.

on 8/31/2014 10:50:00 AM

This is my fav BB cream- My revlon colour stay is my fav. foundation but this is my second fav.

Pros:
-Great coverage (light to medium)
-Doesn't make me oily
-Lasts pretty long for a BB cream
-Feels very light on the skin
-Looks natural

Cons:
-Packing: I don't like the packing- its very liquidly formula and as soon as you open it, the product spills alot and I guess you waste product that way (tip- never store it the right way up)
-Only 2 shades! Cant believe they made only 2 shades- I use light but during winter it does get too dark for me and does have orange undertone.