Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light
Garnier BB Cream - Combination & Oily Skin

3.5

I really want to give this a 5, but I have to give it a 4 for shade selection. For reference I'm from Canada where they only give the shades of light-medium and medium-dark. I purchased Light-Medium.

This BB Cream is incredibly easy to apply, you can smooth it over your face in the morning and it will give a great looking coverage.I found Beauty Blenders and brushes don't give you the same coverage/natural finish. I have found this to cover well almost anything and if I have a particular large zit it wont 100% hide it but it makes it look hardly noticeable.

It says it has 5 benefits(evens skin tone, hydrates,mattifies,minimizes the look of pores,brightens) and I'd say it does a pretty good job on all of those. I think this BB cream really succeeds in minimizing the look of pores and evening skin tone which has made my skin look reminiscent of what it did in my late teens/early 20's.

I love the finish so much on this foundation I use a little bit of blush and I look put together. I also work 12 hour shifts and this is the best lasting finish I've had for any foundation let alone a BB cream. This doesn't lead to any flaking and it keeps me relatively well moisturized through the day.

The one con is the shade can go a bit orangey/yellowish. But I have found a way around this. I have stopped using powder which I found to make it oxidize way more(plus it stays on its own so for me it doesn't need powder) as well as I have stopped using bronzer as it really doesn't need it this BB cream will brighten you up on your own. Lastly this is a bit of a personal thing but I will use Clinique's Super Balanced Foundation where light catches(middle of forehead, down the nose, and centre of chin). This effectively deals with the orangey effect for me. Cliniques Super Balanced runs about $30 and lasts me half a year so this isn't a big deal for me to have to do.

Lastly this product is such a steal of a price I got this for $13 Canadian(so will be cheaper for UK/US) and it comes with 60 ml which is double the product amount I will usually get for any other foundation. Plus this works full coverage as a foundation with a less than quarter sized amount. I can easily see this lasting me 4-6 months.

My very first BB cream. At first I really liked it, but later on it started to oxidize so bad I had to stop using it.

on 1/15/2017 12:17:00 AM

For starters, I'm not big of wearing foundation on an everyday basis, and I have hyperpigmentation and some facial discoloration that I want to cover up. I wanted an everyday "foundation" that was light and easy to apply, and would even out my skin tone, while also providing a good SPF for my pale skin.

This BB cream was a lifesaver, especially because it keeps me matte the WHOLE day, something I couldn't find in other BB creams. It also has WAY more coverage than I have found in any other BB cream, while still being at a (somewhat) reasonable price for drugstore. $12 is a little pricey for my college budget, but is still doable for a product that I love like this one.

The ONLY cons are the packaging -- the tube tends to overflow quite often, especially when removing the cap. It can get really messy quick, and I hate wasting the product. Another con is the color-- I am *extremely* pale, and the lightest color does oxidize a bit, and is too dark for me. I've heard that there is a Fair shade, but I haven't seen it in stores.

I honestly hope they never stop making this, because it really is the perfect BB cream for me. I've tried others, and I just keep coming back to this. It's so easy to apply (I honestly just use my clean fingers half the time if I'm really in a rush), and gives me the coverage I need, while helping control my combination skin throughout the day. It also photographs beautifully! Highly recommend!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I guess I've just had good luck with this product - it's the best foundation for my needs that I've found. I've used it for the past 4 years. My mom gave me the normal-skin kind and I found that it was too highly scented and slipped right off of my face. I bought the combination-oily version on a whim and it has a less creamy finish and a much lighter scent. It doesn't feel like a moisturizing BB cream, more like a light foundation. It doesn't dry my skin out or make it overly greasy.

This BB cream doesn't last much past the end of the work day, but behaves well when set with powder and blotted. It has enough pigment to cover under-eye circles and minor redness, but additional concealer is needed for stubborn zits. It's no Revlon Colorstay if coverage and staying power are your priorities, but it DOESN'T MAKE ME BREAK OUT!! :D which for me outweighs the 8-hour wear time and a few dabs of concealer. It washes off easily with Cerave foaming cleanser.

It has a yellow cast which is perfect for my NC30 skin and for concealing redness, though YMMV if you have very pink-toned skin.

on 9/25/2016 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

PROS:
- Lasts all day
- Full coverage
- Doesn't break me out
- Natural looking
- Doesn't crease or cake

CONS:
- Must exoliate if you have dry patches
- Doesn't actually control oil
- Quite expensive where I live (but a bottle lasts forever)
- Shade is pretty orange (Light medium)

I swear i get more compliments on my skin when I wear this than when i'm wearing an actual foundation. This stuff is perfect for everyday wear, because it doesn't ever break me out. It's pretty pricey where i live (15$) but granted, i've had my bottle for nearly two years and used it everyday for school for many months and it seems like there's still a lot of product left. I have a lot of red acne scars and it covers up EVERYTHING, i never have to spot conceal, people can't believe i'm just wearing a bb cream because it's so full coverage.

Reading the claims off Garniers website:
controls shine - nope
minimizes pores - yes
evens skin tone - yes
hydrates - as long as you don't have super dry patches, yes
helps prevent sunburn - yes

A few more detailed cons;
~This stuff is seriously liquidy. The bottle becomes a mess and you have to store this stuff lid up. The regular garnier bb cream is a thick mousse like texture and this is straight up watery. That being said, it still is crazy full coverage and not streaky, just be warned it's super messy and Not a product you can keep in a purse or makeup Bag
~ This doesn't do anything for oil control. Nothing at all. I have crazy oily skin, but i wear milk of magnesia as primer so that doesn't matter to me anymore. That's the only reason i can imagine that people don't like this product it doesn't do the main thing that it claims.
~ this is not a product for people with dry skin. in the wintertime when I get dry patches I need to exfoliate them like crazy because this makes my skin so dry in the winter.

I definitely did my research before even thinking of buying this product, and definitely ended up getting it because of all the rave reviews. BUT I was terribly disappointed. It went on very nice - like a lightweight concealer. I have nice skin so I don't need anything heavy, but do like something that keeps my T-Zone matte. This did it for about an hour and that was it. I was reapplying powder and blotting my face with oil blotters more than ever! Ugh..so frustrating. Though I like the 'second skin' look, I would rather more of a matte look than this...I don't know, I didn't think of my skin to be that oily, but maybe it is...this just wasn't worth the money. Do not waste your time.

on 6/24/2016 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i wanted to try this product for a long time however i know my skin and its a bit pricy for a bb cream in canada, so i got it on sale the forst few times i tried it i hated it but today i tried it again and i was just looking for something quick so i wouldnt look ghostly because im sick, i shook it and it made all the difference, better coverage and i didnt set it, id say dont go first impressions with this stuff and make sure that you shake it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I got a samlpe from my Goodiebox (danish beauty subscription box), and it was PERFECT!
Was one with my skin tone (not orange at all!), lasted all day, smelled amazing, had a great texture and feel.... So naturally, I went out and bought a full size. Same type, same colour. I have never been so dissapointed before,
It's ORANGE. Really, really orange. It only lasts a few hours. It smells bad, it's very water-y. It makes an ok base for eye makeup, if you can hide the orange. It feels very light on the skin, it doesnt cake. I am really not a fan of the packaging, it's very ugly I think. Would never buy again, and will not ever recommend this product to anyone.

I used to LOVE this product, I haven't come across a tinted moisturiser/BB Cream with this much coverage - enough to really even things out but not heavy like a foundation, really great for every day use. My only complaint with it was my skin did seem oily in the middle of the day (but everything does that to me and nothing a bit of blotting paper doesn't fix) and it seemed a little drying around my eyes so I needed to make sure I used a heavier eye cream.

Yesterday I ran out and repurchased but it's changed :( :( Although the coverage appears to be the same the scent is terrible, its very strong, best way I can describe it is like lemons, but not in a nice way, even though I was put off, I applied it anyhow, I powdered my nose etc as per usual but still the smell stuck, I gave it half an hour and it was too much, I felt sick so I washed it off. I would not recommend of the scent alone, I hope they swap it back.

My other issue after deciding to read the ingredients is the 2nd ingredient is alcohol, which concerns me - alcohol is also mentioned twice in the listing. Which i suppose explains the drying around my eyes and probably would be counter productive to oily skin as to dry your skin out too much only causes it to over produce oil to compensate.

Pros.
Cheap
Packaging easy to get last drops out
Good Coverage
Blends Well
Light colour isn't pink on my yellow based fair skin

Cons.
SCENT!!! - makes it un-usable to me
Heavy on alcohol - drying on eyes

Over the last two years I have been using the classic Garnier BB cream light. It does create an instant pick up and I was generally happy with it. However it always made my skin greasy so I had to soak the excess oil with a paper towel throughout the day. Then I tried the Garnier BB for combination to oily skin and it is so much better. The shine on my face is nowhere near what it was with the previous product. It also has a better coverage. I am happy with it.