Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light
Garnier BB Cream - Combination & Oily Skin

3.5

I use foundation every time I go to work or school but I always spend so much time at my skin care/foundation routine that I took my chance and bought the BB Cream for Oily Skin by Garnier. I expected a sheer coverage, and alot of moisture. But I got a sheer-medium coverage with a balanced amount of moisture. My skin looks like skin and more healthy. The shade Light also fits me good, but not perfectly. I set the BB Cream with pressed or baby powder but I will try without it in the future. I'll let you know how it works over the day, but so far I'm impressed. Good job, Garnier.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I guess I've just had good luck with this product - it's the best foundation for my needs that I've found. I've used it for the past 4 years. My mom gave me the normal-skin kind and I found that it was too highly scented and slipped right off of my face. I bought the combination-oily version on a whim and it has a less creamy finish and a much lighter scent. It doesn't feel like a moisturizing BB cream, more like a light foundation. It doesn't dry my skin out or make it overly greasy.

This BB cream doesn't last much past the end of the work day, but behaves well when set with powder and blotted. It has enough pigment to cover under-eye circles and minor redness, but additional concealer is needed for stubborn zits. It's no Revlon Colorstay if coverage and staying power are your priorities, but it DOESN'T MAKE ME BREAK OUT!! :D which for me outweighs the 8-hour wear time and a few dabs of concealer. It washes off easily with Cerave foaming cleanser.

It has a yellow cast which is perfect for my NC30 skin and for concealing redness, though YMMV if you have very pink-toned skin.

on 9/4/2016 5:12:00 PM

I've been using this product for a good two years.
Shake the tube before using it - and be warned, the first time you might get a shock from the orangey tone of the product. Don't stress, apply it anyway and you'll notice it blends out. It's probably better if you have a slight yellow/beige tone to your natural complexion as opposed to ashy or rosy.

I find this product works best when mixed with a small dot of oil-free moisturiser, or aloe vera gel. However, if you prefer to use it as is - it's still extremely good. Just make sure your skin is well moisturized before you apply.

I use a RT Expert Face Brush or Beauty Blender to apply, though it works just as well with your hands.

The coverage is sheer to medium, depending on how much you apply, and your tool of application. It covers spots and redness well, I find.

I would say this is *almost* a matte finish, but not quite. It looks a little more matte than natural skin. My favourite thing about this product is that it dries into your skin - so if you hug someone with a white shirt, you won't see any residue left behind.

In terms of the packaging, it's great - though the nozzle can sometimes eject product upon opening if not stored correctly - and the screw on cap would be easier as a flip-up, but that's not a big deal for me. I've had no leakages, or anything of the sort - so the packaging is practical and just fine for me.

AVOID like the plague if you have dry skin - it WILL stick to dry spots... it's labelled as oily/combination for a reason.

A tube like this, despite being 40ml, should last you a minimum of 6 months if you have clear skin, or only a few blemishes, and around 4 months if you use a lot of product.

It's my go-to BB Cream (I have tried others), and the fact it has SPF 20 is amazing. I would say it's especially good if you enjoy the outdoors or are going to the beach, as it dries properly, doesn't melt, and contains SPF 20. It doesn't clog the pores as far as I can tell.

I tried the original garnier bb cream years ago and I absolutely hated it, I have super dry skin and I remember it making me feel like an oil slick. I was really apprehensive to try this because I assumed it wouldn't work with my skin because it's designed for combo/oily skin, but honestly, this stuff works amazing. It has a light/medium coverage, and the colour "medium" matches me perfectly when I'm tan (MAC NC35), however the light shade is too light for me when I'm my natural skintone (MAC NC20) so the shade selection is pretty poor. This stuff looks like skin and if applied properly (I use a beautyblender) it looks undetectable on me.

Total game changer! Incredibly light texture that gives good coverage and looks natural. I was able to skip moisturizer and powder. My skin looks better in this than any other foundation I own (20+). It held up to my oily skin for 5 hrs before I needed to blot. It's pricey for drugstore but you get 2 oz instead of the usual 1 oz tube.

on 12/1/2014 6:59:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product! I use it everyday and apply with my fingers, texture is quite liquidish. It has a light coverage so I mostly use it then my skin is in a good shape (if not I use foundation to cover everything). But works good with my concealer if needed (for undereyes or some spots) but can be used on it's own. Stays very well all day long however I do use setting powder on top of it and I have to refresh the powder every 4 - 5 hours or I start to shine like a vampire from the twilight (but it's the same with every foundation/BB cream for me so no surprise). Also one bottle goes a long way even if you use it everyday. I'ld say it's a bit pricy for Garnier product but worth the money (especially if you get it on sale!). I also like that it doesn't have a strong chemical artficial scent. Overall, very good product, highly recommend to try it out.

on 8/31/2014 10:50:00 AM

This is my fav BB cream- My revlon colour stay is my fav. foundation but this is my second fav.

Pros:
-Great coverage (light to medium)
-Doesn't make me oily
-Lasts pretty long for a BB cream
-Feels very light on the skin
-Looks natural

Cons:
-Packing: I don't like the packing- its very liquidly formula and as soon as you open it, the product spills alot and I guess you waste product that way (tip- never store it the right way up)
-Only 2 shades! Cant believe they made only 2 shades- I use light but during winter it does get too dark for me and does have orange undertone.

on 6/7/2014 7:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was after something to use everyday that wasn't too heavy for my oily skin. This product is perfect because it stops my face from getting horribly shiny and dull during the day; it also has great coverage for me as I was only after something that would cover my pores and slight uneven skin tone/spots.

I find that it's slightly hard to blend, so I'm going to buy a beauty blender to use in order to achieve the perfectly even finish. (I have seen videos on YouTube where gurus have recommended the beauty blender to use with this product.)

I don't use this product every day, so I can't say whether or not it will break me out if I were to use it all the time; but I have worn it all day at work and at home afterwards, and it has managed to stay on without wearing off, needing a retouch, looking disgustingly oily, or breaking me out in the following couple of days!

CONS: I hate the packaging! The cream tends to leak out of the tube if it's left facing downwards. I have kept the packaging and place it in the box facing upwards just to stop it from pouring out all over itself once I take off the lid.

on 4/6/2014 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS PRODUCT. I have combination/dry skin, with an oily t-zone and this made my skin feel silky smooth and made it look matte and flawless! I always wear it to school in the morning, and at the end of the day when I come home, my makeup is still in place! I would say this is the best drugstore bb cream out there. I would definitely continue using it.

on 7/25/2013 3:26:00 PM

I'm so fed up with they hysteria about BB creams it's not funny anymore. And now we have the CC and DD versions! I can't wait for the ZZ. No, really. I can't wait. Maybe then manufacturers will move on to something different (say, numbers, instead of letters; heck, it would be a change).

However, being the MU junkie I am, I have sampled a few to see what the bloody hell the fuss was all about. I didn't like any of them. Coverage, zero. Colors, absurd. Pricey oil slicks, most of them. Until I found this one.

I wanted something oil-free, but not too drying, to help me cope with my retin-A treated skin. Something lighter than fdt. for the hot summer we're having where I live. I was at RiteAid for something else, but I passed this and though, oh, why not? and got a tube, fully expecting to being forced to return it the next day.

Well, what do you know. The is the ONLY BB cream that justifies the pandemic hooh-hah about the stuff. It has decent coverage. The color is good (light-med). It's not a greasy mess. Doesn't break me out. Has SS. Reasonably-priced (it's a big tube). I can even wear it w/o powder (me, the Powder Queen!). This is the ONLY BB cream I want. Good product.