Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light
Garnier BB Cream - Combination & Oily Skin

3.5

SO ORANGE!!!!! I am so bummed. I read some great reviews and I don't get it. I'm very fair and yes I can blend it out, but it is still orange tinted and I have to blend all the way down as if it were a full coverage, which it most absolutely is NOT. It's a bb cream. I didn't look radiant, and my blemishes weren't blurred... Garnier you were a total waste of 20 bucks as I'm throwing this in the trash.

My very first BB cream. At first I really liked it, but later on it started to oxidize so bad I had to stop using it.

I use foundation every time I go to work or school but I always spend so much time at my skin care/foundation routine that I took my chance and bought the BB Cream for Oily Skin by Garnier. I expected a sheer coverage, and alot of moisture. But I got a sheer-medium coverage with a balanced amount of moisture. My skin looks like skin and more healthy. The shade Light also fits me good, but not perfectly. I set the BB Cream with pressed or baby powder but I will try without it in the future. I'll let you know how it works over the day, but so far I'm impressed. Good job, Garnier.

on 10/30/2016 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I used to love this in my mind twenties when my skin was just oily, but since I became combination with a bit of dryness, it just makes my skin really uncomfortable.

Pros: Very light, runny consistency great for oily skin. Great coverage for a bb (medium). looks very natural when it melts into the skin. It's also super affordable.

Cons: Very strong yellow undertone across all shades. This is not a con for me because I'm olive, but a lot of people won't find a shade for them in the range. It's not very long lasting and it transfers. It also oxidizes up to 2 shades so I could only use it in the summer. It has no moisturizing properties. Unless you're a purely oily or normal type, it will accentuate any dryness you may have and will make your skin feel super uncomfortable.

on 10/24/2016 9:28:00 AM

Been using it for over four months and am pretty satisfied!!!

1.It goes on very smoothly,
2.has an ok coverage (especially for its price, it's no heavy-duty foundation besides) for most of the darker spots left from my skin-angsty teen years,
3.keeps me from getting super-oily for at least six hours (that's a personal record tbh),
4.does not dry my skin at all, and
5.does not clog my pores and break me out AT ALL.
6.Also, very tentatively, I should add how, a after half an hour since applying, my (huge, moon-crater-like) pores seem to be less prominent.

Now onto the less-positives:
My skin can be very oily and crazy-prone to break-outs and I tend to overdo it with exfoliators and clay masks, thus ending up with dry/flaking patches mostly on my nose and around my chin. And that's when things get difficult. If I don't notice and moisturize the afflicted area thoroughly beforehand, rubbing the bb cream on makes it look really bad. I've found, though, that applying a dot of product more and carefully patting it on and around works. I have it in "light", although the italian translation in the back says "medio-chiara" which means medium-light, which is pretty weird. It's mostly a good match, if not a little pink. I have pretty strong yellow undertones, and it's nothing a quick swipe of blush on the neck and collarbones can't fix. The texture's also pretty runny, but unless the little tube is squeezed tightly it shouldn't matter, and it has a slightly strong perfume-like smell, it wears off pretty quickly though. I only sometimes finish with some sheer powder on top, for a little longer stay and more matte finish, but usually prefer the dewy look it gives.

Overall, Garnier has honestly been a disappointment for me in many other products. This bb cream, however, although its problems, is an in-disposable part of my everyday routine: after cleansing, moisturizing, putting on sunscreen and lip balm, and with only a touch of blush afterwards~~

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I guess I've just had good luck with this product - it's the best foundation for my needs that I've found. I've used it for the past 4 years. My mom gave me the normal-skin kind and I found that it was too highly scented and slipped right off of my face. I bought the combination-oily version on a whim and it has a less creamy finish and a much lighter scent. It doesn't feel like a moisturizing BB cream, more like a light foundation. It doesn't dry my skin out or make it overly greasy.

This BB cream doesn't last much past the end of the work day, but behaves well when set with powder and blotted. It has enough pigment to cover under-eye circles and minor redness, but additional concealer is needed for stubborn zits. It's no Revlon Colorstay if coverage and staying power are your priorities, but it DOESN'T MAKE ME BREAK OUT!! :D which for me outweighs the 8-hour wear time and a few dabs of concealer. It washes off easily with Cerave foaming cleanser.

It has a yellow cast which is perfect for my NC30 skin and for concealing redness, though YMMV if you have very pink-toned skin.

on 9/4/2016 5:12:00 PM

I've been using this product for a good two years.
Shake the tube before using it - and be warned, the first time you might get a shock from the orangey tone of the product. Don't stress, apply it anyway and you'll notice it blends out. It's probably better if you have a slight yellow/beige tone to your natural complexion as opposed to ashy or rosy.

I find this product works best when mixed with a small dot of oil-free moisturiser, or aloe vera gel. However, if you prefer to use it as is - it's still extremely good. Just make sure your skin is well moisturized before you apply.

I use a RT Expert Face Brush or Beauty Blender to apply, though it works just as well with your hands.

The coverage is sheer to medium, depending on how much you apply, and your tool of application. It covers spots and redness well, I find.

I would say this is *almost* a matte finish, but not quite. It looks a little more matte than natural skin. My favourite thing about this product is that it dries into your skin - so if you hug someone with a white shirt, you won't see any residue left behind.

In terms of the packaging, it's great - though the nozzle can sometimes eject product upon opening if not stored correctly - and the screw on cap would be easier as a flip-up, but that's not a big deal for me. I've had no leakages, or anything of the sort - so the packaging is practical and just fine for me.

AVOID like the plague if you have dry skin - it WILL stick to dry spots... it's labelled as oily/combination for a reason.

A tube like this, despite being 40ml, should last you a minimum of 6 months if you have clear skin, or only a few blemishes, and around 4 months if you use a lot of product.

It's my go-to BB Cream (I have tried others), and the fact it has SPF 20 is amazing. I would say it's especially good if you enjoy the outdoors or are going to the beach, as it dries properly, doesn't melt, and contains SPF 20. It doesn't clog the pores as far as I can tell.

on 6/15/2016 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

It was the first of many bb creams I tried through the last 3 years and well, if I weren't that much into make up, I would have dropped immediately the search for a nice product after trying this one. I never, ever, ever had a problem for liquid face products, and my skin is so sensitive and full of random redness depending on how I wake up - every single product did its job and that was it. Using Garnier's bb cream was a gamble everyday, and could expect breakouts and pimples anytime. The worst that ever happened with a liquid product were you know,those little little pimples under the mouth and a slightly bigger one on the forehead, but nothing more. This one was a huge huge mess: red parts appeared as dark brown, pimples started to grow everywhere.. and still have to figure out what substance made me react this way (I'm a chemistry enthusiast and, when it comes to make up, very careful with the ingredients - but I'm not one of those organic terrorists people, I just need to be safe first, and have my nerdy interest fulfilled). Also, the colour appeared to be as light as advertised on the packaging when it first came out of the tube, but it was a matter of seconds before it started oxidize like crazy and made me look this weird orange colour, very darker than my normal caucasian light skin. Disgusting. Will never ever buy again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

After having read plenty of bad reviews for the first bb cream of Garnier, I decided to give it a try, despite the fact that I have dry skin and this product is for women with oily to combination skin.
To begin with, I must have moisturized my skin well, as it makes my skin looks drier than it actually is. However, this is my fault as it is not suitable for my complexion.
Secondly, it smells like alcohol. Well, exactly like alcohol! This is not something that irritates my sensitive skin but this scent lasts a lot on me and it is very annoying. Moreover, the coverage is very light and it is not buildable as I try to put more in order to cover my blemishes, scars etc. and it looks extremely cakey.The spf20 does not protect enough the women who live around Mediterranean Sea. Lastly, the packaging is awful and it looks cheap.
The positive aspect is that when I wear this bb cream I feel that I don't wear anything. It feels very light to the skin. It does not contain parabens, which is an important criterion for me when choosing my makeup.
All in all, I would not recommend it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I got a samlpe from my Goodiebox (danish beauty subscription box), and it was PERFECT!
Was one with my skin tone (not orange at all!), lasted all day, smelled amazing, had a great texture and feel.... So naturally, I went out and bought a full size. Same type, same colour. I have never been so dissapointed before,
It's ORANGE. Really, really orange. It only lasts a few hours. It smells bad, it's very water-y. It makes an ok base for eye makeup, if you can hide the orange. It feels very light on the skin, it doesnt cake. I am really not a fan of the packaging, it's very ugly I think. Would never buy again, and will not ever recommend this product to anyone.