Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light
Garnier BB Cream - Combination & Oily Skin

3.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I used this years ago, and recently thought I’d give it another go.

Pros: Good price, readily accessible, sleek packaging, many benefits in one product, feels amazing on skin, skin looks naturally flawless.

Cons: Rubbish shade range, even light shade too dark for porcelain skin, strong harsh smell, very runny messy formula.

I got the Light shade. Unfortunately it was slightly too dark (I’m NC15). With the lack of shade range there’s no option to go lighter.

I’d recommend this product if:

-Your a NC20 or darker- it should match.
- You have oily skin
-You want an affordable, light coverage, natural looking makeup with many benefits in one product.

on 6/1/2018 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I've been using this product since 2014, and I realy like it. It's not heavy on the skin, the finish is velvety and not sticky at all. It has really nice coverage too, if I was given this to try without knowing what it is I would believe this is a foundation, not a bb cream.

It has spf 20 which is always nice.

The shade range is pretty mediocre (hence the 4/5 marking). I don't even know how many shades are available. Where I live only the medium shade is available in store which I can only use when i'm getting tanner starting the summer and when i'm de-tanning at the end of summer. It works fine when mixing it in with other foundations, though. It dries down way darker that it swatches, keep that in mind.

on 5/25/2018 6:46:00 PM

Atrocious product, far too dark even in the lightest shade and oxidises to a fetching tangerine shade on my oily skin. Would be great if the oompa-loompa look was what I was going for, but sadly I'm not.
As with most Garnier base products, has far too much glitter and shine for a formulation allegedly for oilier skin types.
The only thing going for it is the price, if you want to look like your face has had an accident with your spray tan that is.
Avoid!

SO ORANGE!!!!! I am so bummed. I read some great reviews and I don't get it. I'm very fair and yes I can blend it out, but it is still orange tinted and I have to blend all the way down as if it were a full coverage, which it most absolutely is NOT. It's a bb cream. I didn't look radiant, and my blemishes weren't blurred... Garnier you were a total waste of 20 bucks as I'm throwing this in the trash.

My very first BB cream. At first I really liked it, but later on it started to oxidize so bad I had to stop using it.

I use foundation every time I go to work or school but I always spend so much time at my skin care/foundation routine that I took my chance and bought the BB Cream for Oily Skin by Garnier. I expected a sheer coverage, and alot of moisture. But I got a sheer-medium coverage with a balanced amount of moisture. My skin looks like skin and more healthy. The shade Light also fits me good, but not perfectly. I set the BB Cream with pressed or baby powder but I will try without it in the future. I'll let you know how it works over the day, but so far I'm impressed. Good job, Garnier.

on 10/30/2016 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I used to love this in my mind twenties when my skin was just oily, but since I became combination with a bit of dryness, it just makes my skin really uncomfortable.

Pros: Very light, runny consistency great for oily skin. Great coverage for a bb (medium). looks very natural when it melts into the skin. It's also super affordable.

Cons: Very strong yellow undertone across all shades. This is not a con for me because I'm olive, but a lot of people won't find a shade for them in the range. It's not very long lasting and it transfers. It also oxidizes up to 2 shades so I could only use it in the summer. It has no moisturizing properties. Unless you're a purely oily or normal type, it will accentuate any dryness you may have and will make your skin feel super uncomfortable.

on 10/24/2016 9:28:00 AM

Been using it for over four months and am pretty satisfied!!!

1.It goes on very smoothly,
2.has an ok coverage (especially for its price, it's no heavy-duty foundation besides) for most of the darker spots left from my skin-angsty teen years,
3.keeps me from getting super-oily for at least six hours (that's a personal record tbh),
4.does not dry my skin at all, and
5.does not clog my pores and break me out AT ALL.
6.Also, very tentatively, I should add how, a after half an hour since applying, my (huge, moon-crater-like) pores seem to be less prominent.

Now onto the less-positives:
My skin can be very oily and crazy-prone to break-outs and I tend to overdo it with exfoliators and clay masks, thus ending up with dry/flaking patches mostly on my nose and around my chin. And that's when things get difficult. If I don't notice and moisturize the afflicted area thoroughly beforehand, rubbing the bb cream on makes it look really bad. I've found, though, that applying a dot of product more and carefully patting it on and around works. I have it in "light", although the italian translation in the back says "medio-chiara" which means medium-light, which is pretty weird. It's mostly a good match, if not a little pink. I have pretty strong yellow undertones, and it's nothing a quick swipe of blush on the neck and collarbones can't fix. The texture's also pretty runny, but unless the little tube is squeezed tightly it shouldn't matter, and it has a slightly strong perfume-like smell, it wears off pretty quickly though. I only sometimes finish with some sheer powder on top, for a little longer stay and more matte finish, but usually prefer the dewy look it gives.

Overall, Garnier has honestly been a disappointment for me in many other products. This bb cream, however, although its problems, is an in-disposable part of my everyday routine: after cleansing, moisturizing, putting on sunscreen and lip balm, and with only a touch of blush afterwards~~

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I guess I've just had good luck with this product - it's the best foundation for my needs that I've found. I've used it for the past 4 years. My mom gave me the normal-skin kind and I found that it was too highly scented and slipped right off of my face. I bought the combination-oily version on a whim and it has a less creamy finish and a much lighter scent. It doesn't feel like a moisturizing BB cream, more like a light foundation. It doesn't dry my skin out or make it overly greasy.

This BB cream doesn't last much past the end of the work day, but behaves well when set with powder and blotted. It has enough pigment to cover under-eye circles and minor redness, but additional concealer is needed for stubborn zits. It's no Revlon Colorstay if coverage and staying power are your priorities, but it DOESN'T MAKE ME BREAK OUT!! :D which for me outweighs the 8-hour wear time and a few dabs of concealer. It washes off easily with Cerave foaming cleanser.

It has a yellow cast which is perfect for my NC30 skin and for concealing redness, though YMMV if you have very pink-toned skin.

on 9/4/2016 5:12:00 PM

I've been using this product for a good two years.
Shake the tube before using it - and be warned, the first time you might get a shock from the orangey tone of the product. Don't stress, apply it anyway and you'll notice it blends out. It's probably better if you have a slight yellow/beige tone to your natural complexion as opposed to ashy or rosy.

I find this product works best when mixed with a small dot of oil-free moisturiser, or aloe vera gel. However, if you prefer to use it as is - it's still extremely good. Just make sure your skin is well moisturized before you apply.

I use a RT Expert Face Brush or Beauty Blender to apply, though it works just as well with your hands.

The coverage is sheer to medium, depending on how much you apply, and your tool of application. It covers spots and redness well, I find.

I would say this is *almost* a matte finish, but not quite. It looks a little more matte than natural skin. My favourite thing about this product is that it dries into your skin - so if you hug someone with a white shirt, you won't see any residue left behind.

In terms of the packaging, it's great - though the nozzle can sometimes eject product upon opening if not stored correctly - and the screw on cap would be easier as a flip-up, but that's not a big deal for me. I've had no leakages, or anything of the sort - so the packaging is practical and just fine for me.

AVOID like the plague if you have dry skin - it WILL stick to dry spots... it's labelled as oily/combination for a reason.

A tube like this, despite being 40ml, should last you a minimum of 6 months if you have clear skin, or only a few blemishes, and around 4 months if you use a lot of product.

It's my go-to BB Cream (I have tried others), and the fact it has SPF 20 is amazing. I would say it's especially good if you enjoy the outdoors or are going to the beach, as it dries properly, doesn't melt, and contains SPF 20. It doesn't clog the pores as far as I can tell.